Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

[quote=Don9;22463889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Radiation poisoning can be a slow and nasty death. The exposure we get will be internal from ingestion and inhalation. California supplies food, produce, to the nation and being on the west coast it will see the most exposure. The most common disease will be cancer.
I hear that we are having an increase in respiratory disease, asthma, COPD, emphyzema. I assume cancers will take longer to show up. We are consuming irradiated foods, and complying with low doses at every airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Speak down to me, I am a simple person. When I quit drinking, I was told to keep it simple stupid, and I find that works well for me. People intentionally try to complicate issues, politicians for example, via language, to dissuade the public from knowing what is really going on.
If we focused a beam on Japan, where did we locate it, to cause this quake? Was it directed at a tectonic plate in the ocean, or at a nuclear site?
I assume they would focus the low frequency energy at various locations underground and in the fault areas while looking at some type of seismograph data ... looking for a sweet spot.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
What is the mechanism by which the electromagnetic radiation ruptures the fault? How does the system add a significant amount of heat considering the very low capacity for low frequency radiation to carry energy. This is why a microwave oven using very high frequency EMR is used to cook food and you don't even get warm standing under a high voltage power line.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Is the energy electromagnetic or acoustic? Most of the energy dissapated by an earthquake is a extremely low frequency acoustic as illustrated by the P (pressure) and S (shake) waves conducted by the crustal rocks. I still do not understand how electromagnetic radiation of whatever frequency can be used to trigger one set of rocks to slide along another converting megajoules of stress into measurable displacement.
The reason you cannot understand, is because they cannot do that.

Acoustically speaking...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Its called resonance frequency. Have you ever seen a singer shatter glass? Same concept except a much more powerful signal.
The singer did not shatter glass. It was crystal.

The reason it is called "crystal" is because of the particular crystal lattice structure in which the atoms/molecules are arranged.

There's an episode of Sesame Street in which they sing, "One of these things is not like the others...

Watch it.

Quote:
Oh ... so these multi-million dollar satellite systems can't monitor global temperatures?
Temperatures vary. The temperature (wind speed and wind direction) generally changes about every 2,000 ft to 5,000 ft (as does air pressure). The headquarters battery in DIVARTY provided us with that information. Field artillery needs it for targeting accuracy, since changing air pressure and wind speed, temperature (and thus air density) affect the characteristics of rounds in flight, plus we needed it for air operations and in the event a nuclear weapon is used, we need that data to plot cloud height and fallout.

There are many temperature inversions, with layers of warm air up to 10,000 feet think trapped between cold air layers (of differing temperatures) and also cold air layers trapped between layers of warmer air.

A satellite cannot "see" that. That's why we "send up the balloon." It is an helium filled weather balloon (hence the phrase: "When the balloon goes up...) that signals data every 2,000 feet until it reaches bursting height (and bursting height will vary based on temperature and pressure).

The point being if satellites were of any value, then we would have used them, instead of a weather balloon.

Quote:
What do we know:

A 9.0 magnitude earthquake occurred on March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC.

Low frequency signals were present before and after the quake as shown on the HAARP Induction Magnetometer (see below) in Gakona, AK. The image below was downloaded from the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) website. The fact that the data came from the HAARP system indicates the HAARP system was in use. That evidence is pretty good if you ask me. What do you have to show the signal was generated from the earth itself?
Um, that's 2.5 Hz. HAARP broadcasts in the 3 mHz to 30 mHz range.

Quote:
The HAARP system is not a Shortwave radio or anything close to it.
It's a glorified Shortwave Radio.

What I'm hearing is that if there are two birds sitting in a tree, and it snows, then the reason it snowed is because there were two birds sitting in a tree.

Except sometimes it snows when there aren't two birds sitting in a tree.

No science here.

Resonating...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
P.S. Has the fukushima radiation killed us all yet?
Yes, we're in Purgatory. Hadn't you noticed?

You'll know you're in Hell when you turn on the radio and every channel is playing Nixon's "Checkers speech" 24/7, and ever cable channel is broadcasting the home movie of David and Julie Eisenhower's wedding.

Glowing in the dark....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
If you'll bear with me, I think spatially in terms of barrels flashing and tracer rounds betraying the source position in linear ways. Much the same way a pool player can see elaborate geometry on a table. A fully fleshed out picture via satelite of the radio frequency originating from Alaska projected into the sky and landing on Japan would make sense, but 1 + 0 is not equaling 2.

The sat picture of Japan and your data of activity in Alaska above; why wouldn't the source show up in the same satelite image if whatever is represented in that picture were the identical RF/ material? Additionally, the epicenter of the quake triggering the tsunami happened in the ocean. If it were a deliberate attempt, why would they draw attention to themselves beaming on Japan directly when UL frequencies would go entirely undetected aimed at a strategic fault line underwater? Moreover how is it possible for a fixed grid designed to operate in strict lineal fashion able to defy physics and track onto targets of any kind? Once a cannon is cemented in, it can only do one azimuth. I'd need to see evidence of tracking equipment or satelite positioning that has the capacity to intercept and relay at will. There would be no other way to deliver it from Alaska to Japan. Impossible.
Very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm curious what effect specific UL frequencies would have on the containment systems for the nuke plant.
None. I'm not really up to speed on nuclear power plant design, but they were earthquake-proof. They were not, however, flood-proof, and that is why the containment system failed. The tsunami after the earthquake flooded the major systems not with water, but with salt-water from the sea, and that is when the problems started.

Bearing with you...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There is no science involved in this thread either, just moronic pseudo-science of the most inane kind. These twits cannot even comprehend that weather only occurs in the troposphere and stratosphere, yet HAARP operates in the ionosphere, which is over 40 miles above the stratosphere. Therefore, HAARP could not possibly have any effect on the weather or anything else.
I tried to explain that. I even quoted Major General Colt: "Tell the ionosphere to get the hell of the radio!"

A lot of people were claiming Comet Elnin caused the Japanese earthquake (because the Earth is a big giant capacitor or some nonsense).

Weathering...

Mircea

Quote:
No, but according to this, ours is the world's largest. I'm beginning to think the Mayans were onto something.
The Mayans were not onto anything.

The Mayans did not event the calendar system. They merely inherited it from older cultures. That should be obvious by the fact that this is the 5th Age, or 5th Sun or 5th Calendar Round, because the first four calendar rounds predate the existence of the Mayans.

The point being the Mayans could not have invented something that was created before the Mayans existed.

It is true that a disaster coincided with the end of the previous four ages, but it is also true that those disasters were not predicted. It is also true that those disasters did not occur at that precise end of the calendar, rather they occurred in the years leading up to the end or in the years following the end (ie in the new calendar age). With the possible exception of "Water" which coincides with the Age of Leo, which is the date given by the Sumerians for the Deluge (and that would be between 10,000 BCE and 8,000 BCE), the other three disasters were local or regional, but not global. Those disasters were "Wind," "Quakes & Storms" and "Jaguar" (war/conflict). You should also know that some Meso-American cultures do not refer to them as such. For example "Wind" is referred to as the Age of White-haired Giants in some cultures, and White-bearded Giants in others, while "Quakes & Storms" is referred to as the Age of Red-haired Giants, or Red-bearded Giants.

If you notice, the calendar has the Frog Glyph (rebirth/birth) just as the other 4 calendars did.

The, um, "Mayan Elders" (snicker) would probably create a new calendar round, except they don't know how, because they are so disconnected from their ancestors that they wouldn't even know how to weave a basket like their forefathers did.

Quote:
I hear that we are having an increase in respiratory disease, asthma, COPD, emphyzema. I assume cancers will take longer to show up. We are consuming irradiated foods, and complying with low doses at every airport.
Hearing things is not the same thing as seeing data.

In any event, radiation would not be responsible for any diseases you mention.

If you want to read the effects of radiation, then read the study published by the Japanese Academy of Sciences on the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then read that published by the US. Both studies came to the same conclusion that exposure to radiation does not pose the dangers that people have been misled to believe they would.

I've been doing dose reconstruction on my "Jesus crews" for about 15 years. Some of them received 30 rems to 60 rems whole body over a period of 18 months to 3 years. The only thing between us and the 4.5 kg to 18 kg of plutonium in those warheads was often nothing more than 5 mm of standard military grade aluminum, and then the PBX (which would have a density similar to concrete). But then how thick is an 8 ounce plastic explosive lens if it is covering a sphere that is is 5.5" in diameter?

Irradiated food is a non-issue. In fact, your food has always been irradiated, if by nothing else than natural background radiation. Your body gives off more radiation than most things. In fact, people are more dangerous than, um, "fallout" from the Fukishima reactors. You uptake radioactive carbon, oxygen, potassium and many other isotopes.

And going into your basement is 10x worse than being x-rayed at the airport. Radon gas is very dangers, not to mention you can inhale it.

Cancers are naturally occurring, and just as likely to be caused by natural background radiation or naturally occurring radiation. Read Ptolemy, ibn Ezra, Masha-allah, Zael, Bonatti, Valens, Rhetorius, Lily or any other astrologer/astronomer/doctor of medicine from the Ptolemaic Period through the Medieval Period and you will see them describe both lung and breast cancer in detail. And that was centuries before people started smoking. Note that Ptolemy is writing circa 234, Bonatti is writing circa 1084 and Lily in 1647.

In the Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Texts, you can read Sumerian and Akkadian texts that describe cutting open the patient, and scraping the bone to remove bone cancer. That was 5,000 years ago.

So, really, nothing new is going on, rather we are [ostensibly] better informed.

Onto nothing...

Mircea

Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What is the mechanism by which the electromagnetic radiation ruptures the fault? How does the system add a significant amount of heat considering the very low capacity for low frequency radiation to carry energy. This is why a microwave oven using very high frequency EMR is used to cook food and you don't even get warm standing under a high voltage power line.
There are multiple subsystems that work together. The high frequency, high power, heater antenna's are used to heat the atmosphere to generate the plasma mirror. Another part of the overall system generates the low frequency energy that is reflected off the mirror, directed and focused to the ground.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
MIRCEA - I was trying to get don9 to admit he didn't have a clue. I know EMR is nowhere energetic enough to cause that earthquake. I just like helping the absurdity along.

Just for grins look up the resiation level at sone coal fired pewer plant fly ash storage. The stuff is nearly concentrated to be uranium ore.

PS: judging by the previous post I see I failed. Now we have "plasma mirrors" to contend with.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The singer did not shatter glass. It was crystal.

The reason it is called "crystal" is because of the particular crystal lattice structure in which the atoms/molecules are arranged.

There's an episode of Sesame Street in which they sing, "One of these things is not like the others...

Watch it.

Temperatures vary. The temperature (wind speed and wind direction) generally changes about every 2,000 ft to 5,000 ft (as does air pressure). The headquarters battery in DIVARTY provided us with that information. Field artillery needs it for targeting accuracy, since changing air pressure and wind speed, temperature (and thus air density) affect the characteristics of rounds in flight, plus we needed it for air operations and in the event a nuclear weapon is used, we need that data to plot cloud height and fallout.

There are many temperature inversions, with layers of warm air up to 10,000 feet think trapped between cold air layers (of differing temperatures) and also cold air layers trapped between layers of warmer air.

A satellite cannot "see" that. That's why we "send up the balloon." It is an helium filled weather balloon (hence the phrase: "When the balloon goes up...) that signals data every 2,000 feet until it reaches bursting height (and bursting height will vary based on temperature and pressure).

The point being if satellites were of any value, then we would have used them, instead of a weather balloon.

Um, that's 2.5 Hz. HAARP broadcasts in the 3 mHz to 30 mHz range.

It's a glorified Shortwave

Mircea
You might look less foolish if you look up some of this stuff before you start posting in a failed attempt to try any make yourself look knowledgable. Google could help?

The glass shattering is do to the singer hitting a certain tone or frequency which is at the natural resonance of the glass, a frequency at which the glass will vibrate. It does not have to be crystal.

A weather satellite does not measure temperature directly ... they measure radiances in various wavelength bands. They also measure surface temperatures using the advanced very high resolution radiometer (AVHRR).

The HAARP system has several subsystems. It uses or generates ELF, VLF and HF frequencies. To call HAARP a short wave radio indicates you know nothing of the system.

Last edited by Vascodagama; 01-09-2012 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
MIRCEA - I was trying to get don9 to admit he didn't have a clue. I know EMR is nowhere energetic enough to cause that earthquake. I just like helping the absurdity along.

Just for grins look up the resiation level at sone coal fired pewer plant fly ash storage. The stuff is nearly concentrated to be uranium ore.

PS: judging by the previous post I see I failed. Now we have "plasma mirrors" to contend with.
Read some of the HAARP US Patents I posted previously. Its no secret how the system works.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
A shortwave radio is specially designed receiver that receives shortwave radio stations from places and countries far away from where you live and are "hidden" in between the standard AM and FM band on frequencies from about 3Mhz to 30Mhz.
ABC'S OF SHORTWAVE RADIO RECEIVERS SHORTWAVE RECEIVER REVIEWS WORLDBAND RADIO

Quote:
The HAARP program operates a major Arctic ionosphere research facility on an Air Force owned site near Gakona, Alaska. Principal instruments installed at the HAARP Research Station include a high power, high-frequency (HF) phased array radio transmitter (known as the Ionosphere Research Instrument (IRI), used to stimulate small,
Quote:
Basically, the IRI is what is known as a phased array transmitter. It is designed to transmit a narrow beam of high power radio signals in the 2.8 to 10 MHz frequency range. Its antenna is built on a gravel pad having dimensions of 1000' x 1200' (about 33 acres). There are 180 towers, 72' in height mounted on thermopiles spaced 80' apart in a 12 x 15 rectangular grid. Each tower supports near its top, two pairs of crossed dipole antennas, one for the low band (2.8 to 8.3 MHz), the other for the high band (7 to 10 MHz). The antenna system is surrounded by an exclusion fence to prevent possible damage to the antenna towers or harm to large animals.
Quote:
One of the primary active on-site instruments is the HF ionosonde, which transmits in the 1-30 MHz band and is used to provide scientists with information about the electron density profile in the ionosphere. Another is the UHF ionosphere radar which transmits radio wave signals in the 430 - 450 MHz band and which will eventually be expanded to provide incoherent scatter capability.
HAARP Fact Sheet

Quote:
For example, communication links from the ground to earth-orbiting satellites can experience fading due to ionospheric distortion; an AM radio signal sometimes can reflect, or "skip", off the ionosphere and be heard at locations hundreds of miles distant from the broadcasting radio station; the characteristic fading on the high-frequency (HF) or "shortwave" band is due to ionospheric interference.
http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/prpEis.html

Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:

Radioactive Facial Cleaning! 1950s Commercial - Shocking Retro Ad - YouTube

Isn't she lovely? Positively glowing. Asbestos is perfectly natural. Lead paint is the best thing that ever happened to you. Argyria is all in your head, quit grousing and take your colloidal silver. You're crazy. Just another pinko communist ruining my world, my world. My materialist world. Is there reason to be concerned when commerce is too far ahead of itself? Julian Assange is out there. Anonymous is out there. Anarchists are out there. I'll hear them out. I'm not afraid of truth and won't be burning down chick tract publications. I'll call them out for what they are. Have you ever known me to feed self destructive BS?

We often agree, sometimes not, and today is one of those not days. You may be very annoyed by the overabundance of stories about Oprah having bigfoot's baby, but I don't see how adding to the obstruction of truth (whatever it may pan out to be) is helpful in any way.

I'm going to remind you there was a time in your life when you didn't have the intellectual capacity to name the evil you saw. You rejected it because your instincts were correct. There was a time in your generation when your peers with their neck hairs raised were warning you of trouble ahead. Were they crazy? I want you to listen to this song as if your own son coming back from Iraq wrote it.

Flobots - Handlebars (ALBUM/RADIO VERSION HQ) - YouTube

That said, I'm here to tell you my instincts are going off and have been for some time. I concur with their grave concerns when science, business and military increasingly push aside ethics in blind pursuit of ambition. It's dangerous and you know it. Any system with it's checks and balances breached is dangerous. I believe the loopholes created by NSA and Patriot act is nothing short of sovereign scale Russian Roulette. You cannot deny that we (as a nation) are very far from accountability.

Our brothers in arms are coming back in worse trouble than gulf 1. They need the voice of reason, level heads, feet on the ground, and above all truth. Having been through meat grinders of manipulation, they do not need more head games. I'm asking you to step up here, Greg. If you haven't the patience to walk one foot in front of the other and address the tares in this thread, volunteer for veterans outreach and listen very hard to the younger generation. They need far more than the pile of pills the VA is shoving at them. They need your long view more than you realize. Don't be stingy with yourself on that front and play reindeer games on this one. I'm asking nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies