Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

What makes this "conspiracy theory" about HAARP even more farcical is the fact that they make all their tests public beforehand, publish their results for the general public to see, and even ask HAM operators for their assistance.

It is not much of a "conspiracy theory" if everything is open to the public, including their facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
"It is not much of a "conspiracy theory" if everything is open to the public, including their facility."

Ahh, but the operative words in your post and this line I quoted, are "if everything." EVERYTHING....

Common sense and gigantic, government spending dictate that large programs that govt. funds often have their "covert" programs along with their overt ones.

Without question, our space program has a covert program attached to it. "For national security" of course we mere citizens can't be told "the half of it."

Guess we'll just have to wait around and see if the govt.'s very old, former program of Remote Viewing was worth a dime. Major Dames says that "the" next massive quake on the earth comparable to Honshu will be New Madrid. Good grief the region is overdue and so praying not, but.....gonna be freaky/spooky along with horrendous if Dames is right. For now, I'll assume he is not.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,974,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

Radioactive Facial Cleaning! 1950s Commercial - Shocking Retro Ad - YouTube

Isn't she lovely? Positively glowing. Asbestos is perfectly natural. Lead paint is the best thing that ever happened to you. Argyria is all in your head, quit grousing and take your colloidal silver. You're crazy. Just another pinko communist ruining my world, my world. My materialist world. Is there reason to be concerned when commerce is too far ahead of itself? Julian Assange is out there. Anonymous is out there. Anarchists are out there. I'll hear them out. I'm not afraid of truth and won't be burning down chick tract publications. I'll call them out for what they are. Have you ever known me to feed self destructive BS?

We often agree, sometimes not, and today is one of those not days. You may be very annoyed by the overabundance of stories about Oprah having bigfoot's baby, but I don't see how adding to the obstruction of truth (whatever it may pan out to be) is helpful in any way.

I'm going to remind you there was a time in your life when you didn't have the intellectual capacity to name the evil you saw. You rejected it because your instincts were correct. There was a time in your generation when your peers with their neck hairs raised were warning you of trouble ahead. Were they crazy? I want you to listen to this song as if your own son coming back from Iraq wrote it.

Flobots - Handlebars (ALBUM/RADIO VERSION HQ) - YouTube

That said, I'm here to tell you my instincts are going off and have been for some time. I concur with their grave concerns when science, business and military increasingly push aside ethics in blind pursuit of ambition. It's dangerous and you know it. Any system with it's checks and balances breached is dangerous. I believe the loopholes created by NSA and Patriot act is nothing short of sovereign scale Russian Roulette. You cannot deny that we (as a nation) are very far from accountability.

Our brothers in arms are coming back in worse trouble than gulf 1. They need the voice of reason, level heads, feet on the ground, and above all truth. Having been through meat grinders of manipulation, they do not need more head games. I'm asking you to step up here, Greg. If you haven't the patience to walk one foot in front of the other and address the tares in this thread, volunteer for veterans outreach and listen very hard to the younger generation. They need far more than the pile of pills the VA is shoving at them. They need your long view more than you realize. Don't be stingy with yourself on that front and play reindeer games on this one. I'm asking nice.
Good choice of videos ...

Old 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What makes this "conspiracy theory" about HAARP even more farcical is the fact that they make all their tests public beforehand, publish their results for the general public to see, and even ask HAM operators for their assistance.

It is not much of a "conspiracy theory" if everything is open to the public, including their facility.
The HAARP research facility in Gakona Alaska started almost 20 years ago. Its a joint USAF, NAVY and DARPA run/funded program. Universities and private companies are also involved in the research. With most typical DARPA programs the R&D is done in phases and if successful the technology is used for operational programs. The HAARP and other related programs that go operational can be kept separate from the research programs. The research programs can remain open the entire time if they don't disclose sensitive aspects of the operational programs. There are many HAARP type systems now in existence that are operated by several governments and who knows who else.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Tesla knew. That is, after all, where they got the idea of HAARP from. He also knew the immense power it would take to blow the tin foil hats right off your heads.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Tesla knew. That is, after all, where they got the idea of HAARP from. He also knew the immense power it would take to blow the tin foil hats right off your heads.
Yes, the initial concept did come from Tesla. The man was a true genesis. Back in his lifetime, especially in his later years, many people thought he was mad ... and wore a tin foil hat. Tesla even believe in extraterrestrial life and he thought he could communicate with other planets. Most people will initially reject new advanced concepts that they don't understand. Most people would rather bury their heads in the sand and call "believers" conspiracy theorist or in today's slang "wearing tin foil hat". Most people will not even engage in politics or world affairs and are perfectly content just waking up everyday, going to work, coming home and going to sleep. Their idea of controversial subjects are on TV or at the movies.

Last edited by Vascodagama; 01-10-2012 at 05:50 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Harbor lady - I do what I can to help veterans with my writing, politics and time.

Don9 - Your ideas concerning HAARP based conspiracies is utter and complete nonsense. The project is exactly what it says it is and earthquakes happen whenever they damn well please. There is not correlation between the two and never has been.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Harbor lady - I do what I can to help veterans with my writing, politics and time.

Don9 - Your ideas concerning HAARP based conspiracies is utter and complete nonsense. The project is exactly what it says it is and earthquakes happen whenever they damn well please. There is not correlation between the two and never has been.
As I mentioned in my last post ... most people will reject new concepts that they don't understand. The mind is funny that way. When you served did you work on or aware of systems that were once considered a "conspiracy theory" by the general public ... that you knew was real but only kept from the public because of a security classification? For example the SR-71 "Blackbird" was developed in the 60's but most people were not aware of it for decades.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Don9, do you have any idea how much energy it would take to cause and earthquake? If a 50 MT thermonuclear bomb didn't cause one, trying to cause one with even 100 gigawatts of microwaves isn't going to do it.

Tesla gave us the formulas for being able to control weather but it would take 20+ HAARPs located around the globe of the 100 gigawatts type all in unison to make even the slightest variations in the normal weather pattern. The 30 mile "hole in heaven" is minuscule in the overall scheme of things.

Sent from my mini-HAARP self-correcting device.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Don9, do you have any idea how much energy it would take to cause and earthquake? If a 50 MT thermonuclear bomb didn't cause one, trying to cause one with even 100 gigawatts of microwaves isn't going to do it.

Tesla gave us the formulas for being able to control weather but it would take 20+ HAARPs located around the globe of the 100 gigawatts type all in unison to make even the slightest variations in the normal weather pattern. The 30 mile "hole in heaven" is minuscule in the overall scheme of things.

Sent from my mini-HAARP self-correcting device.
There are more than 20 HAARP facilities around the world, there are more than double that ... and they do operate in the gigawatts range. Don't confuse capabilities of the systems. Yes, they have the capability to change weather patterns ... thats one capability. They can also trigger earthquakes ... thats another capability. They also have other capabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies