Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 11:36 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Could be something like mold in the girls bathroom.

My first guess was that they'd tried some drugs\huffing etc. but they say that's not the case. However, they did say it wasn't ILLEGAL drugs so these gals may have been doing whippets etc. and they can't release the info.

Almost seems like they may know but the girls were doing something that could be embarassing so they are mum on the topic.

It almost sounds like heavy metal poisoning. Did you know that a couple kids got REALLY sick a number of years back after one of them found something like an old bottle of radium or something like it and they glittered their hair or whatever with it?

Then there is the possibility of halloween face painting, made in China.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
So, no boys have become ill / damaged?

What could it be?
Boys can get Gardasil, too.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Curious that this news is only being report on wacky news sites.
Indeed. Why does the mainstream media always ignore important stories like this?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Indeed. Why does the mainstream media always ignore important stories like this?
I live downstate and this is the first I've heard of it. Googling NYS DOH Leroy Girls I have found several local upstate TV news stations which covered it. Bizarre that it never went mainstream within NYS.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Did anyone fail to read this statement in the original article??

or this one:
Fraud is pervasive in NYS and retaliatory against whistleblowers. These parents would be wise to seek medical care from outside sources that will give them an honest assessment and some answers.

http://governmentrico.wordpress.com/...new-york-suny/

Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Boys can get Gardasil, too.
Oh, didn't know that. thanks.

Is it common? Mandatory?

Old 01-14-2012, 02:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Oh, didn't know that. thanks.

Is it common? Mandatory?
It's been approved for boys for some time now. It was just "recommended" in the last few months. It is not mandatory. It is certainly possible that some boys at this school have had it.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/HPV/Vaccine FAQ

Old 01-14-2012, 04:28 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I live downstate and this is the first I've heard of it. Googling NYS DOH Leroy Girls I have found several local upstate TV news stations which covered it. Bizarre that it never went mainstream within NYS.
It is strange, isn't it? Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Fraud is pervasive in NYS and retaliatory against whistleblowers. These parents would be wise to seek medical care from outside sources that will give them an honest assessment and some answers.

NYS. $22 Billion Dollar Medicaid Fraud NYS Health Department and Research Foundation for State University of New York (SUNY) « Government RICO
That's what I would be doing ASAP. I'd also be nervous if I had a daughter at that school. I know they said they have ruled out Gardasil as a causative agent. But I'd still be curious to know if these 12 girls all got the Gardasil shot and if they received it from the same batch; perhaps through the school?

Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
If it was a chemical or communicable disease they must notify the community. That many people can't suddenly get the same illness at the same time, you would have better odds of a dinosaur eating you in your bed if you lived on the moon. The only thing that affects that many people that quickly is a group mental disorder, like mass hysteria, and would be embarrassing enough that kids don't want even their parents to know.

It has a long history from the Salem Witch Trials, to kids fingering their parents for abuse that never happened, to people supposedly being a part of satanic rituals where the people who did it to them were far away. That's why the State Office of Mental Health was involved. People usually are not consciously aware of it till you confront them with such evidence they cannot refute or deny it. It's a mountain out of a molehill for people who are already paranoid about medical professionals to crow about, that's it.
This was my thinking too. No one who has had experience with middle school girls would be too surprised to find out that these young ladies started doing this for attention and are now to embarrassed to let their parents know what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies