Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't have a problem if this was majority rules.
Which, this country is not "majority rules".

Quote:
You can't say, you
don't want to support Christians banners and then turn around
and use a group that gets some of there money, from our
government and states and taxpayers.
Yes, yes you can.

Quote:
In one breath you say you believe in God and support this
young girls decision to take God out.
Because God belongs nowhere in our government.

Quote:
Don't you find it interesting, that one girl filed and many kids
in her school and before her, saw the banner and never felt it
needed to be removed.
Not really, it's irrelevant to the point.

God belongs nowhere in our (public) schools and in our government, no matter how much the religious people want to cry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What you "small government - keep the government out of my business" conservatives consistently fail to recognize is that the ACLU almost always represents the grievances of citizens against the intrusions of the government.
This isn't about the government, your a little confused. My stand is what the majority believes, not the government, and certainly not the ACLU.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
God belongs nowhere in our (public) schools and in our government, no matter how much the religious people want to cry about it.
He is still on our money, no matter how much people like you want to cry about it.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
He is still on our money, no matter how much people like you want to cry about it.
Which is wrong, no matter how much people want to think otherwise.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Name-calling

Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Which, this country is not "majority rules".
That's because they would've never won if the school kids had a vote, now would they
Quote:
Yes, yes you can.
So, it's okay with you that they use others, including Christians, money to remove Christian banners. Something is seriously wrong here. They need to be privately funded, but that probably wouldn't give them much!!!

Quote:
Because God belongs nowhere in our government.
So, now our schools are government and not for the people??
Quote:
Not really, it's irrelevant to the point.
Has everything to do with the point!! Your not very good a debating, I can see.
She was the only one, where were the rest, that didn't like it???

Quote:
Yeah, and you and others claim you believe in God, then side with a group, who's only mission is to remove HIM from everything, not just government property.
Amazing how much government property is growing.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
That's because they would've never won if the school kids had a vote, now would they
It should never be put to a vote, as it's against the law to begin with.

It's like crying because they're allowing blacks in the school.

Quote:
So, it's okay with you that they use others, including Christians, money to remove Christian banners.
Yes.

Quote:
So, now our schools are government and not for the people??
Our public schools are owned by the government therefore subject to the same rules as the government.

I.e.: Religion and government do not belong together.

Quote:
She was the only one, where were the rest, that didn't like it???
Doesn't matter.

Quote:
Yeah, and you and others claim you believe in God, then side with a group, who's only mission is to remove HIM from everything, not just government property.
Which is why the group that stood by this brave girl has stood by christians in the past.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Give me a QUOTE where Atheism is a protected class ...
You stated it isn't a religion so go at it.
You might think modern Supreme Court decisions pervert the Constitution, but here's a quote---

"The Court has unambiguously concluded that the individual freedom of conscience protected by the First Amendment embraces the right to select any religious faith or none at all. This conclusion derives support not only from the interest in respecting the individual's freedom of conscience, but also from the conviction that religious beliefs worthy of respect are the product of free and voluntary choice by the faithful, and from recognition of the fact that the political interest in forestalling intolerance extends beyond intolerance among Christian sects - or even intolerance among "religions" - to encompass intolerance of the disbeliever and the uncertain.

Basically, non-religion is protected in laws that ban discrimination based on religion.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
No. No it's not. Religious decoration does not belong in schools, which has been constantly upheld by the law.

This is a matter of the law vs insecure whiny babies.
That is not true at all. It is not in any way shape or form, unconstitutional to put up religious displays in a public school or building of any kind. It IS however, unconstitutional to DENY OTHER religions that same privilege or to "endorse" a specific one. All throughout my years of school, there were Christmas displays right along side other religious holiday displays. I work for a state government. There are religious holiday displays of all kinds of faiths in the building ALL year long! Are you saying my workplace is breaking the law along with the schools for all these years?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who cares about this girl. Jesus says an eye for an eye. She made her bed. Now she'll sleep in it. I hope she's enjoying being hated by her whole high school and city. Idiot girl.

And for all you atheist, you can shove it. Crap like this happens to Christians everyday. Matter fact, it's been happening for over 1000 years. Christians have always been ostracized by society and nobody ever had anything to say. Now that your getting the same treatment all of you people are coming out the woodworks. Spare me your sob stories. She's getting exactly what she deserves. The girl is an idiot.
No, He did not. Jesus said to turn the other cheek. He also said to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Clearly someone missed a few sessions of Sunday school.

As for the rest, what on earth does it say about an adult (presumably) who wishes ill on a child. Disgusting.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Sorry, but no.

Not all people supporting this brave person are athiest.

I believe in a God, and I fully support the idea that religion has no place whatsoever in any facet of our government, which includes public schools.

As do I.

I'm sure that all of these literate Christians remember that Jesus admonished His followers to pray secretly and not on the 'street corners.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies