Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did you take the time to watch the video before you posted? If you did, how do you conclude that Muslims are involved? At 1.16 it shows the banner, which is clearly Christian.

Do you post without thinking or base your posts on your prejudices?

muslim can be used as if something does not have allah and mohommad in it, then you are unbelievers and can be killed for being evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,684 times
So basically this tramp gets to choose for everybody then cries when people treat her the same way.
Oh wait she probably isn't a tramp because my guess is NO ONE wants anything to do with her, THAT is what she is upset about.

There is NO such thing as separation of Church and State.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:40 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who cares about this girl. Jesus says an eye for an eye. She made her bed. Now she'll sleep in it. I hope she's enjoying being hated by her whole high school and city. Idiot girl.

And for all you atheist, you can shove it. Crap like this happens to Christians everyday. Matter fact, it's been happening for over 1000 years. Christians have always been ostracized by society and nobody ever had anything to say. Now that your getting the same treatment all of you people are coming out the woodworks. Spare me your sob stories. She's getting exactly what she deserves. The girl is an idiot.
Oh cry me a river... lots of people have been persecuted, many (most) to a MUCH more serious degree than the Christians. Not that any persecution should be accepted, but I'm getting really sick of the complex some Christians have today. And calling a child an idiot? Real classy and Jesus-like of you.

I wonder if the situation were reversed, and it were a Christian girl being harassed for standing her ground... would you be calling her an idiot too, and saying she's getting what she deserves? I'm guessing you would not, in fact I bet you'd be livid over anyone saying such things to her.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-24-2012 at 01:48 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If all I had to look forward to was a cold, dark hole 6 feet underground, i'd be a worthless heathen as well.

Welcome to Atheism...where nothing matters but making sure that the few short years here on Earth are free from personal responsibility or consequence, and where hurt feelings are criminal actions that require society to change its ways.

The only upside is that you fools get to rot in hell. Remember, it was your choice.....and you DID have a choice.
Ignorance is bliss, I suppose... must be nice having a fantasy to believe in, but some of us are more concerned with reality. And fyi, only a weak or evil person cannot behave themselves without the threat of hell and damnation. The good Atheists & non-Christians (and Christians) don't need threats or fear to be decent people - they just are.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-24-2012 at 02:12 AM..

Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
This is what the banner said....

Our Heavenly Father. Grant us each day the desire to do our best.
To grow mentally and morally as well as physically.
To be kind and helpful to our classmates and teachers.
To be honest with ourselves as well as with others.
Help us to be good sports and smile when we lose as well as when we win.
Teach us the value of true friendship.
Help us always to conduct ourselves so as to bring credit to Cranston High School West.

Amen.

To me it doesn't look very offensive at all. And I'm not really a religious person.

She demanded it taken down, and now people don't like her and don't want to do business with her. I can't say that I blame them. Even though I think she was somewhat used as a pawn in this whole ordeal. She still seemed like she was more eager to make a point than that she was truly offended by it. I don't think people should threaten her by any means, but I feel that she is obviously unwelcome in her community and should probably go elsewhere.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
she is obviously unwelcome in her community and should probably go elsewhere.
Sounds good to me.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
I see quite a bit of cheek-turning and forgiveness in this thread

If someone ever wanted to do an essay on the hypocrisy of most religious people, this website would be a gold mine.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
So basically this tramp gets to choose for everybody then cries when people treat her the same way.
Oh wait she probably isn't a tramp because my guess is NO ONE wants anything to do with her, THAT is what she is upset about.

There is NO such thing as separation of Church and State.
With every loopy post like yours, I become more aware of how many crazies are out there and how much guts it took for Jessica to fight this case to the end.

Jessica

Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
With every loopy post like yours, I become more aware of how many crazies are out there and how much guts it took for Jessica to fight this case to the end.

Jessica
Or ACLU with their deep pockets!!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Or ACLU with their deep pockets!!
Now that the ACLU has a feather in their cap over this I wonder how supportive they'll be to this girl with the backlash she's getting from her community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies