Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times

Advertisements

All American mass-media is written at an 8th grade level. Including presidential speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Maybe he was making it simple enough for the GOP obstructionists.
No, he was making it easy for simpletons like you and people who believe the GOP "obstructed" anything from 2008-2010 when Oblama had a filibuster-proof margin in the Senate and a massive majority in the House of Representatives, yet failed to pass a budget.

The GOP couldn't have obstructed anything if it wanted to the first two years. The last year, the only "obstruction" has been by the Democrat controlled Senate, Obama himself, and Michelle's diet.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Anyone voting for Romney or Gingrich is wanting the exact same policies that got us into this mess by the Bush Administration for 8 years before Obama took office. *THAT* is ignorant and moronic. You win by a mile.

No thanks, but I'll take my chances with Obama.
You mean those "exact same policies" that Oblama doubled down and tripled down on, like TARP and bailouts?

No, you are winning the moronic and ignorant contest by a country mile.

By the way, Romney wasn't in Congress during the time period you're talking about. Unsurprisingly, Oblama was a Senator before becoming a failed President. So, your critique is laughable to say the least.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You mean those "exact same policies" that Oblama doubled down and tripled down on, like TARP and bailouts?

No, you are winning the moronic and ignorant contest by a country mile.
Yeah, something like that.

This "ignorant moron" is going to vote for Obama this November. At the least, I'm be making smart choice for *YOU*.

And in advance, you are welcome.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
I thought he was standing on his head, because he was talking out his azz..!
Same old lies he has been telling for three years now. Eleven more months and that gutter slim will be flushed down the pipe, back to the Chicago slums...

Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Our president gave a wonderful speech tonight. I sincerely hope and believe he will be re-elected.
I agree.
Laughed at the rebuttal by the Repug Gov, talking about a bunch of Rhetoric and Half Truths, do they actually believe they are fooling anyone, oh wait, I forgot that some some believe anything just so long as a Repug is uttering the words

Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, he was making it easy for simpletons like you and people who believe the GOP "obstructed" anything from 2008-2010 when Oblama had a filibuster-proof margin in the Senate and a massive majority in the House of Representatives, yet failed to pass a budget.

The GOP couldn't have obstructed anything if it wanted to the first two years. The last year, the only "obstruction" has been by the Democrat controlled Senate, Obama himself, and Michelle's diet.
Lots of flip flopping in this post. No wonder you are voting for Romney.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I thought he was standing on his head, because he was talking out his azz..!
Same old lies he has been telling for three years now. Eleven more months and that gutter slim will be flushed down the pipe, back to the Chicago slums...
Try 4 years and 11 months

Old 01-25-2012, 11:54 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
It is more than likely what the left-wing base can cheer about and what BO understands. Seriously, this administration is a joke, an uneducated, arrogant, celebrity seeking, smoke & mirrors joke.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
This has the misfortune of not actually being true.

Al Franken wasn't sworn in until July 7th, which gave the Senate Democrats 60 votes. Only trouble - Ted Kennedy was too busy dying to attend and cast votes. Late September, Democrats actually had 60 senators functioning in their jobs. A few months later, Kennedy's successor was replaced by Scott Brown in a special election.

So, it turns out that your claimed several years of a filibuster proof majority was actually 3 months and some change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies