Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I thought he did a good job, but I felt a lot of it was mainly fluff without much substance. It's great to hear about energy diversification, but he didn't give any real details or plans. We've heard the same spiel from presidents for over 30 years now. Time for some real plans or just quit talking about getting off oil already.
I agree with this. And it was what I expected. More talk of the same old same old that all president's spew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. And it was what I expected. More talk of the same old same old that all president's spew.
I think the speech was about framing where he stands, what his values and goals for the nation are in anticipation of the campaign for re-election. In that sense, it was a well crafted and well delivered SOTU. He certainly can't expect any help from the Republicans in implementing any of his ideas. His call for fairness is a populist tone that will strike a chord with the millions of Americans who agree that the deck is stacked against them in favor of the wealthy. Whether it is enough to get him re-elected remains to be seen, but I am fairly certain we will have him, love it or hate it, for four more years.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Our president gave a wonderful speech tonight. I sincerely hope and believe he will be re-elected.
Keep drinking the Koolaid!

Obama's only claim to fame is that he finally managed to supersede Jimmy Carter as the worst president ever.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Keep drinking the Koolaid!

Obama's only claim to fame is that he finally managed to supersede Jimmy Carter as the worst president ever.
Says the guy from Texas who undoubtedly voted for Perry.

If this is the case, you have lost all your credibility as you have been a Koolaid drinker for over a decade now.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoPete View Post
Tell the Kenyan to post up his college transcripts so we can see just how intelligent he is.
Obama probably figures why bother. If you can't understand that it takes extreme intelligence to not only attend Harvard but be in charge of the Law Review you are probably too stupid or too racist to EVER GET IT.

Or perhaps both.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
The debate highlights of R.Paul tell me something different
Probably for you. To the non-Paul diehard supporters - no.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
There's a sucker born every minute.....unfortunately for them, the name A Lexus is already taken.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Says the guy from Texas who undoubtedly voted for Perry.

If this is the case, you have lost all your credibility as you have been a Koolaid drinker for over a decade now.
Never voted for the guy. Thanks for your obviously jaded assumption. Keep drinking the Koolaid.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM

588 posts, read 1,014,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoPete View Post
yeah right, the TRUTH hurts..

Keep chugging that juice...
The truth hurts? How would you know, you haven't accepted it. Silly birther. Keep running your party into the ground with your tin foil paranoia.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think the speech was about framing where he stands, what his values and goals for the nation are in anticipation of the campaign for re-election. In that sense, it was a well crafted and well delivered SOTU. He certainly can't expect any help from the Republicans in implementing any of his ideas. His call for fairness is a populist tone that will strike a chord with the millions of Americans who agree that the deck is stacked against them in favor of the wealthy. Whether it is enough to get him re-elected remains to be seen, but I am fairly certain we will have him, love it or hate it, for four more years.

Agreed. And how clear it is that his detractors didn't bother to watch or even listen to the talking heads: keeping kids in school until they're 18, having performance-based pay for teachers, opening more areas for oil and natural gas...all of these are new and positive steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies