Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: "My Message is Simple": Obama's SOTU Written at 8th Grade Level for Third Straight Year - Smart Politics

Hmmm. This might explain why so many of his followers "loved" his SOTU address. They finally got spoken to at their educational level.
Nah.

I think they did that so the GOP "base" can understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Obama's speech was written at the 8th grade level because he was speaking to the intellegence level of his average kool-aid drinking voter, nothing more. Anything more complex and Obama's base would have changed the channel to American Idol, football, or something equally as brain stimulating.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default It was an exceptional speech

It was an incredible speech, so effective in conveying his message. Listening to it, I wondered why we even have a Republican party. Any political position that is not in line with that of this great President, is as outdated as high-button shoes. Nobody in the GOP could make that speech.

Such a breath of fresh air to have an intelligent President at the helm. The previous president could only dream of getting to an 8th grade level. To him, "wings take dreams":smack

Turn the sound up to hear how far we have come.
Wings Take Dreams Sound Clip and Quote

Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: "My Message is Simple": Obama's SOTU Written at 8th Grade Level for Third Straight Year - Smart Politics

Hmmm. This might explain why so many of his followers "loved" his SOTU address. They finally got spoken to at their educational level.
The Teachers' Union must have loved it.
I hear they don't have to pass their certification tests
past the 8th grade reading level

Basic skill test for teachers still fails state's students

Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Listening to it, I wondered why we even have a Republican party. Any political position that is not in line with that of this great President, is as outdated as high-button shoes.
If you thought it was a wonderful speech, did you really even
listen to it....
he was talking: unity

Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM

98 posts, read 81,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama probably figures why bother. If you can't understand that it takes extreme intelligence to not only attend Harvard but be in charge of the Law Review you are probably too stupid or too racist to EVER GET IT.

Or perhaps both.
I'd like to hear some testimonials for his fellow students, from either Harvard or Colombia that the "token" could even read a full sentence without the use of a teleprompter...

You are so blind, it makes you liberal.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:24 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoPete View Post
that the "token" could even read a full sentence without the use of a teleprompter...
Seems like every week the radical right wingers come up with some new lame nickname for the president, but that's one I hadn't heard yet.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoPete View Post
I'd like to hear some testimonials for his fellow students, from either Harvard or Colombia that the "token" could even read a full sentence without the use of a teleprompter...

You are so blind, it makes you liberal.
Let's face it, the libs thought the speech was great, the GOP side thought it was anything but. As for anyone thinking that because someone went to Havard that makes them automatically super bright, shows how little they really know doesn't it?

It also amazes me how the left can talk about the rebutal being awful but can't see the speech will never win any awards. Oh well, one less "Address to the Nation" we will have to hear him make.

Nita

Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The Teachers' Union must have loved it.
I hear they don't have to pass their certification tests
past the 8th grade reading level

Basic skill test for teachers still fails state's students
Anyone who links freerepublic probably wouldn't understand a speech written at the 6th grade level, much less the 8th.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times
They have put up the enhanced version w/graphs for people who like pictures

2012 State Of The Union Address: Enhanced Version - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies