Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 07:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you have ZERO understanding of EARTHS ROTATION

the many 'crisscrossing' are the EXACT SAME flight path....you do understand the earth does ROTATE

they are CONTRAILS...that is fact...

chemtrails are a MADE UP thing by people who cant handle life
GuyNTexas laid out an extremely well documented, thorough and concise post, chock full of credible links which would give anyone with an one iota of curiosity, an ounce of common sense and half a brain, pause for thought...and this is what your argument is?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I will add that your incompetent in basic research capability.
Coming from you, Don, that's really... meaningless.

Quote:
I can tell you don't know what your doing by the questions and demands you make.
Requiring proof before believing in a global conspiracy of massive proportions is out of line?

Quote:
Don't you think the premise of a covert program is to try and keep the covert portion ... covert?
Don't you think that a bunch of big white lines crossing the sky is the opposite of "covert?"

Quote:
If there was public release of scientific data that proved the government was illegally geo-engineering the world and putting the population at risk then don't you think there would be a world wide up-rise and some people in very high places would be put on trial for crimes against humanity?
If these "crimes against humanity" were taking place, don't you think that there would be at least a few scientists, manufacturers, pilots, mechanics or air traffic controllers that didn't want to see their friends and family hurt, and would go public with incontrovertible evidence?

Quote:
In other words, you are asking for something you can't get and will never get until this covert operation truly becomes exposed to the public
And you are suggesting something that you know you will never be able to prove. I think that deep down inside you somewhere, you know that, and that's part of what drives you. You take comfort in knowing that you will always be able to proclaim that you're special, because you "know" something that nobody else does.

And just so we're on the same page, all I'm asking for is proof. Real, scientific proof of what you claim. Not speculation from a journalist that makes up the names of government bureaus so he can get some TV time. Not pseudo (junk) science from some crazy retired lady in northern California. Not baseless opinions from people that think that their dog talks to them. I want proof. The easiest way to get it would be to get in the air and take samples, using proper scientific procedures. If you guys were truly serious about finding answers, you'd do that. There are enough of you to pool your resources and get it done, but you won't. Why? See the previous paragraph.

This isn't some experiment taking place at Area 51, Don. You have direct access to exactly what you're claiming is the main component of the conspiracy. Go get it.

Quote:
This is why I posted the link to Bill Gates who is "claiming" we need to be geo-engineering the earth
That Gates thing is very old news, Don, and insignificant when it comes to proving your case.

Quote:
people by the millions are speaking out
What? Where?! Oh, you mean people like you, who have no background in anything resembling science and nothing beyond pictures of the sky to back you up. "Speak out" all you want - not everyone can afford to go to the movies to get a laugh.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
As the plane leaves a contrail in its wake, that contrail will drift downwind at the prevailing wind speed at that exact altitude. Those altitudes normally have winds in excess of 50 knots. So plane A flies a route and is gone. Its contrail persists but drifts downwind, as plane B flies by leaving its own contrail, which will then drift downwind also. And so on. Eventually you get a series of parallel contrails drifitng across the sky. If that area has flight paths that cross at differing angles (which happens over VOR/TACAN stations, J route intersections, holding fixes, dme fixes, etc) you'll see many crossing, spaced contrails. Throw in the variable of different wind speeds and directions at different altitudes, and the fact planes are only seperated by 1000 ft vertically at cruising altitudes, and you can have all kinds of patterns.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
We know why Bill Gates and other billionaires (world elites) are extremely interested in this. They stands to make billions or possibly trillions if they can get the public to accept geo-engineering and believe in the AGW lie ... then they invest in the operational aspects of geo-engineering on a worldwide level.
There's no question that the motivation behind a lot of people pushing the AGW nonsense is money. The carbon trading scheme would be a money printing machine, for certain people.

That's not the topic, though... We're talking about those lines in the sky, remember? I know you think that everything's related, and maybe they are, Kevin Bacon style, but not in real-world style. So let's not get too far off of "chemtrails," if you don't mind. Ok?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I don't answer your questions ... ... or Swagger's
I understand. It hurts when you have no choice but to question your faith.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Also, the difference between a busy contrail day and one that isn't is often as simple as how much humidity is present in the upper troposphere. If the air is near the saturation point, water vapor from jet exhaust will condense into water droplets and freeze into ice crystals almost immediately, and will persist for quite some time. If the atmosphere is very dry, the contrail will be short-lived. Persistent contrails are just that: persistent contrails caused by atmospheric saturation by water vapor. It does not in any way imply chemical spraying. That's just an enormously ridiculous leap to make.
I saw normal contrails during those 11 days. It was also colder and more humid, even rain, during some of those 11 days but still no chemtrails ... just contrails. Now that Obama is gone and the chemtrails are going hot and heavy ... they are predicting 80 degree weather again next week. Dry and hot with lots of static electricity ... but we will still have tons of chemtrails.

My eyes don't lie ...

Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
GuyNTexas laid out an extremely well documented, thorough and concise post, chock full of credible links which would give anyone with an one iota of curiosity, an ounce of common sense and half a brain, pause for thought...and this is what your argument is?
I agree, GuyNTexas did a great job in communicating, making his points and providing back-up. Well Done!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There's no question that the motivation behind a lot of people pushing the AGW nonsense is money. The carbon trading scheme would be a money printing machine, for certain people.

That's not the topic, though... We're talking about those lines in the sky, remember? I know you think that everything's related, and maybe they are, Kevin Bacon style, but not in real-world style. So let's not get too far off of "chemtrails," if you don't mind. Ok?
Its called motive. If you are trying to determine a crime you need evidence of the crime but most of all you should have a motive.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Quote:
I saw normal contrails during those 11 days. It was also colder and more humid, even rain, during some of those 11 days but still no chemtrails ... just contrails. Now that Obama is gone and the chemtrails are going hot and heavy ... they are predicting 80 degree weather again next week. Dry and hot with lots of static electricity ... but we will still have tons of chemtrails.

My eyes don't lie ...
Atmospheric conditions at ground level do not have a 1:1 match with atmospheric conditions 30,000 or more feet in altitude.

And yes, your eyes, indeed all of your senses, lie. If you knew anything at all about the nature of brain function and perceptions, you would understand that not only can your sense deceive you, but many of the things you see, hear and smell are fabricated outright by the brain itself. And this isn't even getting into the purely cognitive biases. These are the very reasons things like double-blind tests exist.

I used to run into this very issue on a near-constant basis back when I frequented high-end audio forums. Some True Believer would insist they had "Golden Ears" and could tell the difference between silver and copper cables, or the difference between two amplifiers, even though there is no physical reason such differences should exist at all. They were convinced their senses represented some kind of inherent, objective reality. The vast majority of them, of course, refused to subject themselves to double-blind testing, and the ones that did always failed. And, of course the ones that did fail always had an excuse. Always.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Atmospheric conditions at ground level do not have a 1:1 match with atmospheric conditions 30,000 or more feet in altitude.

And yes, your eyes, indeed all of your senses, lie. If you knew anything at all about the nature of brain function and perceptions, you would understand that not only can your sense deceive you, but many of the things you see, hear and smell are fabricated outright by the brain itself. And this isn't even getting into the purely cognitive biases. These are the very reasons things like double-blind tests exist.

I used to run into this very issue on a near-constant basis back when I frequented high-end audio forums. Some True Believer would insist they had "Golden Ears" and could tell the difference between silver and copper cables, or the difference between two amplifiers, even though there is no physical reason such differences should exist at all. They were convinced their senses represented some kind of inherent, objective reality. The vast majority of them, of course, refused to subject themselves to double-blind testing, and the ones that did always failed. And, of course the ones that did fail always had an excuse. Always.
So, did you read the article on Bill Gates? Does he not say that he wants to see aerosol spraying in the atmosphere, geo-engineering, to combat global warming? Is that not what we are saying is happening already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies