Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,666 times

Advertisements

Amazing subject.

With the carcinogenic additives in US-made cigarettes, it's amazing nobody ever asked why? Why are they not allowed for import into Europe, when they make a separate product with no additives for their market, made in the USA? Why are computer-model tests used to point to their agenda, and not scientific tests in the real world? Because if you told people they have a 6% to 7% increased risk of getting cancer if they smoke a pack a day, nobody would have listened. You'd never get $3 a pack or more of state tax, and your revenues would never grow. Every state that has raised their taxes significantly, showed growth in revenues for decades out. The goal was not to get people to quit.

Cayenne peppers, carrots and strawberries each contain six suspected carcinogens; onions, grapefruit and tomato each contain five -- some the same as the seven suspected carcinogens found in tobacco.

Now we have perfume. I sneeze around some floral-smelling perfumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
New Hampshire considers perfume ban for state employees - Daily Dose: A Boston Globe blog with health news, advice, and information. (http://www.boston.com/Boston/dailydose/2012/02/new-hampshire-considers-perfume-ban-for-state-employees/JEftAGZy1Cdme70WYsI1QI/index.html - broken link)
Some folks are allergic to garlic, so we should ban people from eating garlic, who then unknowingly walk around with the smell of garlic exuding from the pores of their skin and worse yet, on their breath.

We also need to ban flatulence in the work place, allergies aside, it's a foul smell indeed. People complain that the US military is for those who wish make it their social engineering playground. Well... we have already banned farts there, so now its time to ban it in all government work areas and buildings.

Marines in Afghanistan have reportedly been told not to pass gas around Afghans to avoid offending the indigenous population.

That’s right, now any leatherneck who lets one rip on patrol with Afghans nearby could receive a a talk from his superior officer.

The new flatulence restriction was first picked up by the Military Times, and has since become fodder for online discussion ranging from the curious to the ridiculous.

Marines Banned from Farting in Afghanistan | TheBlaze.com

No more trouser coughs.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Amazing subject.

With the carcinogenic additives in US-made cigarettes, it's amazing nobody ever asked why? Why are they not allowed for import into Europe, when they make a separate product with no additives for their market, made in the USA? Why are computer-model tests used to point to their agenda, and not scientific tests in the real world? Because if you told people they have a 6% to 7% increased risk of getting cancer if they smoke a pack a day, nobody would have listened. You'd never get $3 a pack or more of state tax, and your revenues would never grow. Every state that has raised their taxes significantly, showed growth in revenues for decades out. The goal was not to get people to quit.

Cayenne peppers, carrots and strawberries each contain six suspected carcinogens; onions, grapefruit and tomato each contain five -- some the same as the seven suspected carcinogens found in tobacco.

Now we have perfume. I sneeze around some floral-smelling perfumes.

it is all about the taxes. if they made cigarettes illegal to buy and smoke, the states would have to raise their income/sales taxes to make up for the shortfall of revenue.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Some folks are allergic to garlic, so we should ban people from eating garlic, who then unknowingly walk around with the smell of garlic exuding from the pores of their skin and worse yet, on their breath.

We also need to ban flatulence in the work place, allergies aside, it's a foul smell indeed. People complain that the US military is for those who wish make it their social engineering playground. Well... we have already banned farts there, so now its time to ban it in all government work areas and buildings.

Marines in Afghanistan have reportedly been told not to pass gas around Afghans to avoid offending the indigenous population.

That’s right, now any leatherneck who lets one rip on patrol with Afghans nearby could receive a a talk from his superior officer.

The new flatulence restriction was first picked up by the Military Times, and has since become fodder for online discussion ranging from the curious to the ridiculous.

Marines Banned from Farting in Afghanistan | TheBlaze.com

No more trouser coughs.
You believe the Blaze? Agenda much?

Does garlic have the potential to kill?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM

I really hope your kids, spouse or self get something like this.
See how people treat you.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You believe the Blaze? Agenda much?

Does garlic have the potential to kill?
"Agenda much?" ???? Do you bother to read much? There was a link in my post, clear as a bell, to a military times article.

Methane kills. I'll bet more deaths are attributed to methane then to perfume fragrances.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
what affliction "like this" do you have that make people treat you different?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
what affliction "like this" do you have that make people treat you different?
If you read the thread, you'd know.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,291,573 times
Quote:
"Agenda much?" ???? Do you bother to read much? There was a link in my post, clear as a bell, to a military times article.

Methane kills. I'll bet more deaths are attributed to methane then to perfume fragrances.
Yet you chose to link to The Blaze of Manufactured Indignation(TM) rather than the straight new article ... I wonder why, if you have no agenda, and aren't just trying to stir people up?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 AM

1,187 posts, read 996,164 times
Quote:
I do have "something like this" and generally, people treat me with kindness and respect. I have had very few instances (one which I did mention in a smoking thread) where someone purposefully used Fabreeze around me to punish me for smoking. I tried reasoning with the person, tried talking with our supervisor to no avail. So whenever they would use it I ended up going home sick for the day.

Luckily I changed my circumstances by moving out of state (worked from home for the company for a year) and then building my own business to compete with them! haha

That was literally the ONLY time I can remember anyone EVER being a problem with my allergies. Usually I have people who are kind enough to stay away from me if I'm allergic to their perfume/powders, and they stop wearing them around me after they find out I'm allergic. Or at the very least they would tell me to stay away from them on the days they wore something I was allergic to.

I find that generally people are kind and considerate of me if they know about my allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies