Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL Yes prime example, or his female counterpart, Nicki Minaj.

It's difficult because I do like some of the beats of the newer stuff so I'll listen to just the instrumentals sometimes.

I hear what you're saying as far as beats go. I do tend to like more of the reggaeton style that's out now. Sean Paul, Daddy Yankee, Pit Bull... ect.. ect... At least it's upbeat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,937,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm almost 39. Up until about 2008 I was current with all of the rap, as I was still djing in the clubs around here. Now, aside from a select handful of songs, forget it! I'm sure if I were to spin at a club again, I'd have no problem mixing beats, and I'd probably tune most of it out, but if I were to do a club again, I'd really want to do an old school night.

I'm pretty musically diverse though. I'd have to say that my personal favorite style of music is metal, and hair metal. I like old Metallica, from the Black album on back. Megadeth is OK too. I like AC/DC and who doesn't like Led Zepplin? I also like Poison, Motely Crue, Kiss...ect... I can also listen to 60's music too. I pretty much like a variety. The ONLY music that I have a hard time with is country. Other than a select few songs, I'm not a fan. Just never been able to embrace it.

For me it is a stylistic thing. The way the guys like lil wayne, etc.. rap seems like simplistic chanting and I can't get into the Pitbull/Scott Storch middle eastern latino thing. I just don't like the melodies in the music. It's just not my thing. Similar to how I don't like twangy country or "happy" house music.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
For me it is a stylistic thing. The way the guys like lil wayne, etc.. rap seems like simplistic chanting and I can't get into the Pitbull/Scott Storch middle eastern latino thing. I just don't like the melodies in the music. It's just not my thing. Similar to how I don't like twangy country or "happy" house music.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't mind house music. As a DJ it was one of the easiest types of music to mix beats. I'm with you on the country thing though.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
I think it's time to ban old racist white men from public internet sites. Time and time again they have proven they can't behave themselves on them.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM

576 posts, read 586,361 times
Why ban concerts? That crap would still get played. We need to just ban the genre altogether.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Different strokes for different folks. I don't mind house music. As a DJ it was one of the easiest types of music to mix beats. I'm with you on the country thing though.

I enjoy many "techno" artists and it is somewhat easy/fun to create. A few guys I played with in a band did it for fun once in awhile. LTJ Bukem is one of my all time favorite artists. It's the stuff on "Jersey Shore" I can't stand "BOOM CHICKA CHO BOOM CHICKA CHO BOOM BOOM BOOM CULU PAPI CULO!!!"

Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Why ban concerts? That crap would still get played. We need to just ban the genre altogether.

No need to ban anything. Venues that put on these types of shows will either hire enough security staff to keep people in line or get sick of the trouble and stop having rap/hip hop artists play.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think it's time to ban old racist white men from public internet sites. Time and time again they have proven they can't behave themselves on them.
LOL They are the only ones who want rap music banned.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times
Bigotry needs to be banned..

Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
OK, then let's ban Celtic Thunder and Celtic Women concerts because even I entertain thoughts of violence on hearing vapid obnoxious Irish music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies