Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
You found a news article that gave you an excuse to call (Black) people animals. Good for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Same here. Maybe it's the age difference (I'm 35) but I just cannot get into any of the new hip hop. It all sounds the same. I loved the stuff from "my era" late 80s thru 2000 or so.

I'm almost 39. Up until about 2008 I was current with all of the rap, as I was still djing in the clubs around here. Now, aside from a select handful of songs, forget it! I'm sure if I were to spin at a club again, I'd have no problem mixing beats, and I'd probably tune most of it out, but if I were to do a club again, I'd really want to do an old school night.

I'm pretty musically diverse though. I'd have to say that my personal favorite style of music is metal, and hair metal. I like old Metallica, from the Black album on back. Megadeth is OK too. I like AC/DC and who doesn't like Led Zepplin? I also like Poison, Motely Crue, Kiss...ect... I can also listen to 60's music too. I pretty much like a variety. The ONLY music that I have a hard time with is country. Other than a select few songs, I'm not a fan. Just never been able to embrace it.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)

Then stay away from rap concerts...easy peasy.

You're generalizing...just sayin.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM

419 posts, read 365,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
No, we need to ban ignorant rap artists from playing on radio stations promoting their dumb ignorant ways. Dumb artists atract a dumb audience and let me assure you, not all rap is like this. I can tell you a bunch of rappers who are positive and have (for the most part) an intelligent fan base and something like this wouldn't happen at a concert of theirs.

Rap used to be fun, until it was commercialized into "drugs, b**ches, thug glorification" like this. Let the thugs kill each other at the concerts like this, I can assure you chances are the artists of the concert were terrible and ignorant-rhyming and the people attending they probably weren't destined to be the next leaders of America.

I love my black people...I just hate n*ggas (I.e. the shooters at said concer).
lmfaooooooooo

I know exactly how you feel.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Why is that?

The people who do things like that are mindless animals whether they attend a concert or not.

I personally cannot stand rap music, (well Eminem and some would say he's "not rap"), and I don't like the message but that does not give me the right to demand a ban on those types of concerts.

You know, we should ban cars. So many people drive them like idiots and kill people every day.

See how ridiculous it sounds?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
For the record, I'm not a big fan of today's rap music by any means. Give me the old school stuff from the early 2000s all the way back to the early 90s any day!
I agree. Hip-Hop has transformed from an organic and meaningful artform that flourished in urban communities to a corporatized and controlled digitally manufactured method of corrupting youth. Hip-Hop was originally seen as a threat as it spoke on the social, political and economic hardships in urban America. The attack on Hip-Hop was said to be due to violence and sexuality-Ironic because that is all Hip-Pop consists of today and there are no longer any attacks on the genre from Government and MSM.

In the words of one of my favorite rappers, Hip-Hop is dead (at least most of the crap they play on the radio)

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-05-2012 at 09:58 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I agree. Hip-Hop has transformed from an organic and meaningful artform that flourished in urban communities to a corporatized and controlled digitally manufactured method of corrupting youth. Hip-Hop was originally seen as a threat as it spoke on the social, political and economic hardships in urban America. The attack on Hip-Hop was said to be due to violence and sexuality-Ironic because that is all Hip-Pop consists of today and there are no longer any attacks on the genre from Government and MSM.

In the words of one of my favorite rappers, Hip-Hop is dead (at least most of the crap they play on the radio)

You mean like Lil Wayne?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You mean like Lil Wayne?
LOL Yes prime example, or his female counterpart, Nicki Minaj.

It's difficult because I do like some of the beats of the newer stuff so I'll listen to just the instrumentals sometimes.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Thirded! I fell many times at concerts at the Boathouse, the Jetty, 17st Club, pretty much anywhere groups of punks and metalheads played in Hampton Roads and never failed to have a dozen people pick me up. \m/
I miss the Boathouse.

But yeah. Music has a way of influencing people. The right beat and lyrics can instantly start a mosh pit. If you don't want to be in the fray, don't put yourself there. *shrug* Simple enough.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM

419 posts, read 365,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The people who do things like that are mindless animals whether they attend a concert or not.

I personally cannot stand rap music, (well Eminem and some would say he's "not rap"), and I don't like the message but that does not give me the right to demand a ban on those types of concerts.

You know, we should ban cars. So many people drive them like idiots and kill people every day.

See how ridiculous it sounds?
What would they then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies