Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Sunny, I'm going to assume you "mean well" with this statement, but please don't politicize this issue. Our troops are not committing suicide because Obama or any other Democrat has been elected into office.

It is reality. Of course folks commit suicide for various reasons, and I know at least some of them are freaking out at the state of the nation that they put their butts on the line for.

Did you note the title of this thread? If so, then you are in error suggesting that I not "politicize" it. Ahem....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
These are much better sources than RT or PressTV.
such as............

Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
such as............
Read through the thread, claud. I'm not going to keep explaining why Iranian and Russian "news" sources should not be trusted. If you think that these nations -- both of which have great reputations for freedom of the press -- are the go-to folks for cutting edge journalism and truth, knock yourself out. Enjoy them. I can a lead a horse to water....

Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'd be fascinated to hear where you're going to relocate now that you've "given up" on America in a public forum.

I have not given up on America, I have given up on the federal goverment.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Everything in the video was spot on. Americans are the dumbest, most uninformed/misinformed human beings on earth, raised since birth to believe they are the best and to not question why their government orders its military to napalm Vietnamese civilians or blow Iraqi civilians to pieces.

Those who dare question these policies get to see, and hear, the "real" America that Sarah Palin referred to, the fiercely nationalistic and angry "patriots" that are incensed at those who can think clearly and willing to express themselves in a public forum.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Basically, I'd rather live in a box here in the US than anywhere else.
You can't do that in the "Land of the Free".....trespassing,vagrancy laws, and even if it's your own land, I don't think code enforcement would let it fly. You can try it though and join the other 2+ million in their boxes.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Everything in the video was spot on. Americans are the dumbest, most uninformed/misinformed human beings on earth, raised since birth to believe they are the best and to not question why their government orders its military to napalm Vietnamese civilians or blow Iraqi civilians to pieces.
Really? I mean come on, Americans in general are stupid but you went a bit far there don't you think?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Halliburton was the only company allowed to bid on a $7 billion contract during the Iraq war.
Because it was the company most qualified.

Quote:
And what do you call waterboarding?
I call it coerce interrogation. It is used on U.S. Navy SEALS for training purposes. Did Cheney order waterboarding? I didn't realize he was the president.

Quote:
Has Cheney ever been waterboarded?
Silly question. Why would he be waterboarded?

Quote:
He dodged the draft 5 times, he's a chickenhawk, nothing more.
Dodging the draft is when you are ordered to report and don't (like William the Impeached did).

Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Really? I mean come on, Americans in general are stupid but you went a bit far there don't you think?
Not to anti-Americans it isn't.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
In the industrialized world. I'm not saying there is some genetic trait that makes Americans stupid, I'm saying the Dumbing Down of America is deliberate and necessary for the continuing usurpation of Americans rights and taxes for the personal gain of a select number of extremely wealthy and powerful people who have figured out how to get away with it.

There are extremely few politicians out there who are brave enough to challenge the status quo. Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Bernie Sanders come to mind. Three out of 525.

And the mainstream, corporate, conservative media has trained most Americans to denigrate and ignore what they say. Mention any of the above on this forum and listen to the responses. That's just more evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies