Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Shouldn't be a problem unless your habit is to lick food up off the floor.
I-Hop keeps the cardiovascular surgeons busy. lol

Of course, people can just get an angioplasty at age 50.
Hospital here is known for its heart surgeries, oh and staph infections too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I just buy the cow and have it butchered for me at my local butcher.
About $1200?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
About $1200?
How about a 1,200 pound moose with a $3.29 bullet? You get a much bigger bang for the buck.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
I'm gonna hold a meeting about this pink slime scandal tomorrow. My people work twice as hard as the people in the plants producing the pink filler. Our employees work 8-10 hours per day plus a 2nd job to make ends meet. Before some label them as inferior, I'd ask if they'd be willing to work as hard for the same pay.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what concentrations of harmful substances are involved here that my poor liver is going to have a problem with?
Which part of the general concept don't you understand? Nitrates as a preservative have a cancer link. Just because it exists in some quantity in nature does not mean more is good.

And again, why am I taking a even a negligible risk? For the beauty of a mountain road? Life is too short for pink slime.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm gonna hold a meeting about this pink slime scandal tomorrow. My people work twice as hard as the people in the plants producing the pink filler. Our employees work 8-10 hours per day plus a 2nd job to make ends meet. Before some label them as inferior, I'd ask if they'd be willing to work as hard for the same pay.
Was talking to a butcher at Earthfare yesterday. He was probably 18...said the food they served in high school included this substance, and its beyond disgusting.
Good to know young people aren't fooled. he said he refuses to eat fast food also even though McD's says they no longer add the filler, there's no way to verify it.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Was talking to a butcher at Earthfare yesterday. He was probably 18...said the food they served in high school included this substance, and its beyond disgusting.
Good to know young people aren't fooled. he said he refuses to eat fast food also even though McD's says they no longer add the filler, there's no way to verify it.
I always defer to the wisdom of an 18-year old!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats a St Louis thing, but not across the whole state.
Never eaten one myself.
i drove out of my way to a restaurant in evanston, IN, once, just to try one after reading about it in the paper. got there, and they had just shut down the grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Thanks for posting this.

No offence to America or Americans, but I wouldn't touch American beef with a ten foot bargepole. It was banned in the EU for a reason. As for fast food, yuck. I would rather eat road kill than put that horrible **** in my stomach.
huh. i guess european beef exports to the US have been banned for 15 years for a reason as well?

Quote:
The European Union on Monday said it hoped to see a resumption of beef exports to the United States after a 15-year ban due to concerns over madcow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy (http://news.yahoo.com/hopes-resumption-eu-beef-exports-us-201029706.html - broken link)(BSE).

Quote:
I know that most people will have the capacity to stay the hell away from that crap!
apparently you don't know much, then, since the average American consumes over 180 pounds of meat per year..

do you even know what a bacteriophage is, without looking it up? honest question here, please don't start frantically googling for the anwer.

Quote:
Unless each cow is put through a thorough medical examination including a MRI and blood tests, we have no idea if that butchered cow had cancer.
so you're going to assume that all of them did have cancer, with no evidence whatsoever.
fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Which part of the general concept don't you understand? Nitrates as a preservative have a cancer link. Just because it exists in some quantity in nature does not mean more is good.
uh.. how about the part where LFTB contains any added nitrates as as preservatives?

Quote:
And again, why am I taking a even a negligible risk? For the beauty of a mountain road?
you're saying you're too afraid to take a drive on a beautiful mountain road, due to the negligible risk involved?
that's a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
is this the bozo that keeps telling you that everything causes cancer?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And all with the blessing and approval of our benevolent government.
do want more government authority here? less? what's your solution?

Quote:
you must have missed the part where animal carcasses are treated with chlorine gas.
scary!

Quote:
Unless each cow is put through a thorough medical examination including a MRI and blood tests, we have no idea if that butchered cow had cancer.
you want every butchered cow to go through a full-blown medical exam, with tissue biopsies, an MRI, and blood tests? really?

Quote:
Chicken nuggets are supposed to be whole chicken pieces cut. Not all companies take the cheap route like many of our fast food and supermarket brands. Our chicken nuggets come from trimmed breast pieces.
a 'nugget' has no real definition, does it? so 'supposed to' doesn't really count for much.

Quote:
and you know this to be true - how, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I always defer to the wisdom of an 18-year old!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
No, no, no!!!!! They're trying to poison me! Poison, I tell ya! The odor of that chlorine got on my pancakes! There is NO WAY that they can ensure me - 100% - that there are NO health risks involved!

Am I doing okay with the hype and whining? Can I join your group now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies