Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 12:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm typing my response from a meat packing facility right now. I've been around the industry every since I was born. People have a right to be outraged. Our beef trimmings come from knuckles, flats, and briskets. Quality portions of the animal. What that "pink slime" consists of is traditionally inedible portions of the animal. In most plants, those portions are disposed of. We can't even mix those portions with the meat we sell.

Just because meat is "sanitized" to the point that no bacteria can grow on it, doesn't mean it should be eaten. The "pink slime" offers no nutritional qualities and I'm sure it could be linked to cancers (chemical exposure has been proven to cause cancer).

In a nutshell, the USDA sold out for increased profit margins at the expense of the American people. Now maybe honest packers will be able to compete with plants that are cheating.
Interesting some here are defending the govt here. Hilarious, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the cow has e coli anywhere except its intestines, that would be one sick cow. The fact that the gruel has to be gassed with Ammonia to kill e coli should give you a clue that fecal/intestinal matter is included in the pink slime gruel.

Brane Space: WHAT'S in YOUR Ground Beef? How About PINK SLIME!
Alot of the beef at Sams Club and Costco is from Mexico and they refuse to grind it for you, apparently factory farms in Mexico dont follow any guidelines.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Good thread. I never buy meat from Walmart or fast food chains. You can't trust them to give you a good product. If you are going to eat meat or poultry, best to go to a local supplier and stay away from Walmart and fast food chains. I mean who in their right mind thinks they can get an all beef burger for $1.00.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Acetaminophen. Our liver has an enzyme that breaks it down to a point. After too much, its depleted. Then your liver folds up its tent. We are finely tuned biological machines that can buffer what nature throws at us but not in the concentrations the industrial food supply can throw at you. Anyway as you say, let us know when we are rolling the dice.
what concentrations of harmful substances are involved here that my poor liver is going to have a problem with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Because anyone thats interested should be able to know at a glance exactly what is in their food.
do you think 99.95% of the American public is going to have any understanding of what

[contains] Bacteriophage preparation (a mixture of equal proportions of six different individually purified lytic-type bacteriophages specific against Listeria monocytogenes)

means? or will they simply be freaked out?

and what about treatments that are no longer in the food, like chlorine gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
interesting that some here bleated about 'causes cancer!!', mumbled something about a 'johns hopkins study,' then skipped out.

hilarious, actually

Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i had a chicken snack wrap at mcdonalds last week. i almost threw up. it was not like that last time . something is wrong. i solemnly affirm it was slimy going down. i just wrote the company.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-04-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously?

I suppose you noticed that there is a thread that talks about the incredible rise in autism rates in just about the same time period as this 'supplement' has been foisted on the public.

Kind of makes you go "hmmmmm..."
There has been an incredible rise in the rate of autism SINCE BARACK OBAMA HAS BEEN PRESIDENT.

Therefore, logic dictates - even DEMANDS - that President Barack Obama is causing an increase in the number of autistic children. PERIOD!

See how easy unrelated cause & effect can be?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what concentrations of harmful substances are involved here that my poor liver is going to have a problem with?

do you think 99.95% of the American public is going to have any understanding of what

[contains] Bacteriophage preparation (a mixture of equal proportions of six different individually purified lytic-type bacteriophages specific against Listeria monocytogenes)

means? or will they simply be freaked out?

and what about treatments that are no longer in the food, like chlorine gas?

interesting that some here bleated about 'causes cancer!!', mumbled something about a 'johns hopkins study,' then skipped out.

hilarious, actually
Painting with a bit of a broad brush, arent we?
Anyone with the ability to read, and look things up on the internet will get it.
Why is it that you are so vehemently opposed to the public knowing whats in their food?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
IHOP, boy that is living....The food looks like plastic.
On your plastic computer monitor?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I agree with this. With regards to our food supply and eating habits, the outcry is :

"THE BALONEY IS COLLAPSING !"
Your baloney is collapsing? You don't say!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
On your plastic computer monitor?
No, on yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies