Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Above is post 274

Above is post 277.

Lets review here, shall we?
From what I remember, 274 comes BEFORE 277.
So, all things considered, how could I refer to something before you said it?
Oh thats right, I cant, and didnt.
Game over, but thank you for playing.
oops. my mistake
sorry about that.

now, can we get back on topic, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 02:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Ammonia levels in factory farms should not exceed 35 parts/million for workers to safely spend 15 minutes in an animal pen. The ammonia levels are often twice these amounts, leading to chronic bronchitis and skin infections in workers (30).

Factory Farming Facts - Animals Raised For Food Endure Animal Cruelty And Cause Human Health Risks

Too much alkaline or acid in diet causes cancer. But for those who want to eat animals with cancerous lesions, enjoy. Most of the workers at factory farms are illegals and do not adhere to any sanitary practices either.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Pink Slime is disgusting... I don't believe that it is "unhealthy" to eat but it is disgusting to eat it... I think everyone has a right to know if there is something that is disgusting used to make our food... We can make our own choices but at least it will be informed choices...

Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Ammonia levels in factory farms should not exceed 35 parts/million for workers to safely spend 15 minutes in an animal pen. The ammonia levels are often twice these amounts, leading to chronic bronchitis and skin infections in workers (30).

Factory Farming Facts - Animals Raised For Food Endure Animal Cruelty And Cause Human Health Risks

umm... the cite from your link (30) goes to 'Mercy for Animals chicken farm investigation'

what do chicken farms have to do with LFTB?

Quote:
Too much alkaline or acid in diet causes cancer.
cite?

Quote:
But for those who want to eat animals with cancerous lesions, enjoy. Most of the workers at factory farms are illegals and do not adhere to any sanitary practices either.
what 'cancerous lesions'? and what does any of that have to do with the topic?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,372,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Pink Slime is disgusting... I don't believe that it is "unhealthy" to eat but it is disgusting to eat it... I think everyone has a right to know if there is something that is disgusting used to make our food... We can make our own choices but at least it will be informed choices...
How is it that you are going through life NOT knowing what you are eating?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
there are a lot of foods that are pretty disgusting when you get right down to it. chicken nuggets are made from a slurry very much like the one that has so many people hitting the panic button on LFTB. hot dogs, the same. sausage. chorizo. honey is bee vomit and milk is a glandular secretion from cows

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there are a lot of foods that are pretty disgusting when you get right down to it. chicken nuggets are made from a slurry very much like the one that has so many people hitting the panic button on LFTB. hot dogs, the same. sausage. chorizo. honey is bee vomit and milk is a glandular secretion from cows
And broccoli florets are the sexual organs of the plant.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And broccoli florets are the sexual organs of the plant.
yup

it's an interesting experience to go to a real asian market and see what some people think is good eatin.' pig uterus. bone marrow. cow stomachs. fermented quail eggs. 10-lb. packs of chicken feet. baby squid...

here's one you're probably familiar with in MO:
Brain sandwiches served, mad cow or no

Old 04-04-2012, 04:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Well, at least there has been some progress in that regard:

Vitals - 'Pink slime' in your meat? Labels to tell you, USDA says

Old 04-04-2012, 04:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
After reading this and a factory worker who quit in disgust after seeing what they are putting in ground beef:

Pink slime,” a cheap meat filler, is in 70 percent of the ground beef sold at supermarkets and up to 25 percent of each American hamburger patty, by some estimates.
“It kind of looks like play dough,” said Kit Foshee, who was a corporate quality assurance manager at Beef Products Inc., the company that makes pink slime. “It’s pink and frozen, it’s not what the typical person would consider meat.”

Food Inc., the low-grade trimmings come from the most contaminated parts of the cow and were once only used in dog food and cooking oil. But because of BPI’s treatment of the trimmings — simmering them in low heat, separating fat and tissue using a centrifuge and spraying them with ammonia gas to kill germs — the United States Department of Agriculture says it’s safe to eat.

Is Pink Slime in the Beef at Your Grocery Store? - ABC News

Dog food and contaminated parts of the cow

No wonder cancer is on the rise again in the U.S.
And all with the blessing and approval of our benevolent government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies