Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times

Advertisements

Thank you federal government for making the world less safe for we Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Sigh.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Isn't Bush out of office and has been for some time? Yes -- 4 years ago you could blame Bush but that's distant history really.

In fact there isn't a thing Bush can do about it today so there is no point at all in blaming him for not getting it done because it's up to Obama. Unless you really don't want it solved.

What you and all the "Blame Obama for Bush's War" people seem to skim over/deliberatlet ignore is the FACT that

Bush had 5-6 years to end it and he couldn't....

now you seem to think Obama can clean up Bush's mess on a timetable...

You want him to clean up Bush's "THREE WEEK CAKEWALK"(The BUSH administration's description)... when BUSH couldn't....he couldn't get Bin Laden either but somebody else did....oh, ya, Obama...

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here we go again. Bin Laden is dead..why are we still there ?

Taliban vow revenge for Afghans killed by US troop - Yahoo! News
But the attack will likely spark even greater distrust between Washington and Kabul and fuel questions in both countries about why American troops are still fighting in Afghanistan after 10 years of conflict and the killing of Osama bin Laden.
The Taliban said in a statement on their website that "sick-minded American savages" committed the "blood-soaked and inhumane crime" in Panjwai district, a rural region outside Kandahar that is the cradle of the Taliban and where coalition forces have fought for control for years.

The militant group promised the families of the victims that it would take revenge "for every single martyr with the help of Allah."
I don't blame them. Break in my house while I'm sleeping and murder my wife and children, pay back will be a b!tck!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Wouldn't you do the same thing if someone murdered your families?
Someone who you didn't want in your country, like an invading force?
Someone who wouldn't leave?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
And I am not disputing this.

I am disputing idiotic, revistionist bullcrap about how the "blame" or "fault" of this mess is absolved of the parties that started it as soon as they are no longer allowed to maintain office in this country per the constitution.

For all this talk about sissiness and lack of accountability and whatnot, I see a lot of conservatives tripping over their colons trying to act like the man that they voted into office twice had no hand in any of what's happening, or retroactively, has happened in Iraq, Afghanistan, or for that matter, with our economy.

I don't disagree with you. But, as C.I.C. this is President Obama's responsibility. Fault and responsibility are two different things.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
The Army should take that mass murdering soldier, strip him of his uniform, march him through that village, turn him over to the village elders, and never look back.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The Army should take that mass murdering soldier, strip him of his uniform, march him through that village, turn him over to the village elders, and never look back.
Yup! perfect!

A long UNECESSARY trial will only prolong the violence...get rid of him....

Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
My dad was in Iraq for 1.5 years.
My uncle has been there for 7 years (!).
Neither of them ever, for any reason, left base unless they were on patrol.

FWIW, Afghani locals are reporting that it was not one soldier, but it was a group of them. This would not be the first time something like this has happened, regrettably.
I have heard the same reports, but its very unclear on who the extra soldiers were, if any. The troop was reported as leaving base, thats clear now, but it took him long enough to traverse the distance from base to where the crimes were committed that he probably should have been found, or they were hot on his heals.

I bet the man didn't just stop, the Afghanis probably would have just killed him. If he was taken alive, its likely that fellow Americans were right there on the scene right after these events took place.

All speculation at this point though, its too soon to get a full detailed story of the events. I'm interested in what happened.

I know what you're saying about your family members. I served, and luckily I got out just before 9/11 hit, so I didn't go to Afghanistan. I was in the reserves at the time, but they had enough airman to fill my shoes. I know a lot of guys who were over there, and all of them said they didn't know how we were going to transform the country, and that was a decade ago. Just off the main streets there were mine fields. Its a tribal society, very isolated pockets of people here and there. Nothing resembling an entire country.

We need to get out of there.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

What you and all the "Blame Obama for Bush's War" people seem to skim over/deliberatlet ignore is the FACT that

Bush had 5-6 years to end it and he couldn't....

now you seem to think Obama can clean up Bush's mess on a timetable...

You want him to clean up Bush's "THREE WEEK CAKEWALK"(The BUSH administration's description)... when BUSH couldn't....he couldn't get Bin Laden either but somebody else did....oh, ya, Obama...
Bush could have ended it and he didn't.

Obama can end it and he won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies