Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The ranting and raving mob gets another scalp, yippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
As we all know, thousands of Whites especially women are assaulted or murdered by Black men every year.
SUSAN SMITH PARTY! PAGING SUSAN SMITH PARTY!

Yes, dear, you are beyond all doubt racist to your core. Have EdwardA arrested immediately. He truly deserves that dose of gross miscarriage of justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
take responsibility for yourself and your community.
I've yet to see you lead by example. Blaming another again, are ya? Who dunnit? Why, everyone but you, of course.

If you can't be bothered to defend innocence where it is, you've abdicated your citizenship to this country. Throwing kids under a bus... that devils bargain you've made for a bag of silver has one helluva balloon payment.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
The truth is bad enough and the "gun lobby" had nothing to do with this. I am a gun owner/carrier who wants this man prosecuted. Bearing arms, self defense and castle doctrine have nothing to do with being an idiot. Sometimes an idiot mixes up these ideas and does something like this. Check any shooters' forum and you will find plenty of gun owners bashing Zimmerman. Thousands of people in the US legally carry guns. Only a few have done something like this. Don't start with the clearly criminal cases. Crimes are done by criminals who care nothing about law and order to start with. Murder and mayhem are second nature to them.
Where did I mention the "gun lobby?" I grew up with hunters, and have no problem with owning firearms for protection, collecting, competition and hunting. Again, there are roughly 30,000 gun-related deaths in the U.S. annually, most of them suicides with homicide second. It should be more difficult for people to own guns, much less carry them in public. Why did Zimmerman still have a gun when he had a criminal record, one charge being an assault on an undercover officer? What I'm asking is that there be a rational dialogue regarding those deaths by firearms, and how as a society we can reduce these numbers. The above post illustrates the paranoia of people fixated on the right to bear arms...I only cited a statistic and suggested that people take responsibility for their actions instead of acting as George Zimmerman did by killing an innocent teen-ager, then trying to claim self-defense. The response? A knee-jerk reaction made on the supposition that somewhere in America there's a plot underway to take away guns. That will never happen: The military wouldn't take them, County Sheriffs wouldn't, local LE wouldn't do it. That leaves whom? Me? Hardly. But that doesn't mean that I'm proud that we lead the world in deaths by guns...U.S.A.! U.S.A.! Maybe we can get it up to 50,000!

[quote] [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Gun Violence in America[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Firearms are the second leading cause of traumatic death related to a consumer product in the United States and are the second most frequent cause of death overall for Americans ages 15 to 24. Since 1960, more than a million Americans have died in firearm suicides, homicides, and unintentional injuries. In 2003 alone, 30,136 Americans died by gunfire: 16,907 in firearm suicides, 11,920 in firearm homicides, 730 in unintentional shootings, and 232 in firearm deaths of unknown intent, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. Nearly three times that number are treated in emergency rooms each year for nonfatal firearm injuries. [end quote][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]NRA Information - Gun Violence in America[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 03-22-2012, 02:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
I guess he couldn't take the heat. I hear he's only been at his job for a little over a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
LOL. We do seem to have an Uncle Ruckus among us.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I looked at the SYG statute briefly but I'm not claiming to be an expert. But again, whatever the statute says, it's not the police officers's place to make the call over guilt or innocence and it appears that this is what they did. Unless there's some evidence that the district attorney's office was investigating and planning to present the evidence they had to a grand jury, nothing further would have happened to Zimmerman were it not for the public outcry.
I totally get what you're saying. I really do. However, I do believe there are a preponderance of examples of persons claiming self-defense and being set free on their own personal recognizance, only to have no charges filed against them. In other words, a self-defense claim does not always mean spending time in jail, especially if the evidence is sufficiently convincing. It happens pretty frequently actually.....mostly in cases of home break-ins. I believe this is where the police are given wide discretion.

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, the last I heard, he is also still armed. Let's hope he doesn't feel threatened again by an unarmed person.
If Zimmerman has any brains at all, he will be scared to death of almost everyone for the rest of his life. He has to be one of the most hated people in the United States right now and his picture has been on the internet and TV now for days. This scumbag punk will be looking over his shoulder for the remainder of his time left on this planet. I can almost guarantee that someone is going to eventually put him down like the diseased animal that he is.

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Yeah. damn. A black kid is murdered and it takes a month plus the entire nations outrage to make this guy temporarily step aside and zimmerman is still smiling walking the streets. Basically if you are black and anyone not black approaches you and questions your reason for living and you tell them to get lost they can shoot and kill you and claim self defense. In this clear cut case the murderer walks free. Just imagine what it will take for any black to get justice in this low life state.

But what can you expect casey anthony murdered her little girl and is now making you tube videos and enjoying her life.

Stay away from this terrible place.
Smiling and walking the streets? Last I read it was neither. Nobody knows where he is except his parents because they are all hiding.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
I dont think the Police Chief should take any fall for this. Isnt it up to the Prosecutor to handle it? Arent they responsible for bringing charges?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
This makes folks happy? That a fellow citizen has to go in hiding because a rabid mob wants to do the same to him they claim he did to the kid? Wow is all I can say. Some are so far lost it's beyond belief.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
EC it's downright uncanny. Uncle Ruckus sounds JUST LIKE social conservative women 'useful tools' raising their daughters to be legalized prostitutes avoiding personal accountability for themselves & tearing everyone else around them down with gossip. Sane women have got more in common than y'all have even begun to realize. Too bad Obama doesn't realize it (the demented manipulation of principles) fully.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay, so you think that the police handled this correctly?
Can you show us how they handled it incorrectly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies