Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The yute was on private property.

And if the Yute was offended by Zimmerman observing him, well, he could attack him.......that is an option. Then Zimmerman shot him in self-defense.
Why on Earth do you keep calling him a "yute"? It's kind of insulting.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, drop the "Yute" lingo...it looks foolish and immature. Why don't you spend some time finding a current photo, so everyone can see how "thuggish" he looks compared to the two pictures that I've seen of him in a football uniform.
...not to mention...insensitive.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...not to mention...insensitive.
the "hulking yute" line, especially.

This isn't My Cousin Vinny, a kid is dead, "hulking" or not. Very immature.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM

191 posts, read 361,286 times
Giant "yute" or not.

When the cops tell you NOT to approach, why are you approaching him anyway?

Skittles, an Iced Tea can/bottle, and a hoodie aren't weapons.

/end

Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I just want to report, in case others aren't watching CNN right now, George Zimmerman's attorney just said "Stand Your Ground" will not be used in this case.

So talking about this particular Florida law is a moot point. He said it mainly refers to being in your own home or on your own property, and this was not the case when Zimmerman shot Martin.

He insists Zimmerman shot Martin in self defense. If so, I hope he gets a fair trial, but I do not see how anyone who has a 9mm gun and follows someone can claim self defense, especially when the dead victim only had candy as a weapon. Maybe like roadtrip said, Trayvon beat the crap out of him because he didn't know what was happening. Then Zimmerman thought "I don't want this stupid (expletive deleted) getting the best of me" so he shot him. Not a good defense to me. No matter what anyone says, I can't come up with any reason he shot him. Not one.
I disagree strongly that this florida law is moot. It gave ignorance a license to expand that 'self defense' clause to what the self defense clause never said, never intended, and even his claim of basic self defense is utter BS. If the evidence were properly I'd venture to guess there's a strong chance he'd be facing the death penalty.

Note-- this defense in your last sentence; it's a defense of his ego BS, not his person. Not anything real. It's a projection of his own retardation running amok. The soldier in Afghanistan deserves clemency for going berzerk from sustained mental anguish/ PTSD for a decade. This guy-- no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No matter what the truth is, the man can never get a fair trial at this point.
THAT is by DESIGN. Stop lying to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So, you don't care about the FACTS surrounding the ENTIRE incident????
Another troll, as if we haven't enough of them. It is yourself ignoring every fact pertinent to THIS case. You're willing to throw Trayvon under a bus to pay back OJ Simpson and whatever bad day you had with a black individual ever in your life. In other words, you're not willing to be an American. It's all about YOU.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Zimmerman is a murderer. This was not self defense. Zimmerman was stalking the victim.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What about the post you are replying to is a manifestation of self-hate? Why don't Black people recognize there are different ethnic groups within the Black race? That there are cultural differences and we are all not one any more than an Englishman is one with someone from the Ural Mountains.
Different ethnic groups? We're all Black. We're all perceived as being Black. Yes, you may be from England, France, Nigeria, but you're still Black.

As far as differences, I don't think the Klan or other racists slice the Black pie that finely.

You seem fairly educated, but your posts while tinged with truths at times also seem to desperately be seeking the hegemonic approval of White America.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
I found this article to be interesting, especially this:

Quote:
On April 22, 2011, Zimmerman called to report a black male about “7-9” years old, four feet tall, with a “skinny build” and short black hair. There is no indication in the police report of the reason for Zimmerman’s suspicion of the boy.
Gotta catch those thugs YOUNG! Perhaps the kid was conspiring to illicitly trade Pokemon cards?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Aside from anything else, a healthy part of Florida lives off of tourism and retirees. If the Sunshine State is perceived as a place where anyone get get shot over nothing and there is no deterrent, no follow-up, no charge no nothing, this could hurt the state longterm. I think Florida's politicians understand that and are going to try to contain the damage.

On another note, if you haven't heard this, give it a listen.
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Why is it only important to these Mo Fo's when it might cost them G*ddamn money??????

You know what frugalyankee? The more I listen to these freaks the more I realize Aileen Wurnous was right. The only way to wake them up is break out a machine gun? How many more school murders are going to occur in Florida? In Colorado? In Virginia? No, it couldn't possibly be something so sick and dysfunctional about their culture it's making their KIDS go postal. Not at all. It couldn't possibly be a sociopath white male culture worshiping itself perverting justice beyond all recognition.

These people are evil and you know it. Now it's time to say it and mean it.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM

191 posts, read 361,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I found this article to be interesting, especially this:

Gotta catch those thugs YOUNG! Perhaps the kid was conspiring to illicitly trade Pokemon cards?
@ him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies