Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No matter the outcome....I guarantee you it won't be enough for a foaming at the mouth society.

This has been totally turned into a racial issue. People trying to tack on a hate crime enhancement. It's not, IMO, acceptable. The dude was an idiot that took his vigilante role a little too serious. He probably was tired of punks in the neighborhood and the petty break ins...

I can't fault the dude for wanting to be left alone and not have to worry about people messing with his space but he went about it in a non-sensible way.

I don't think he SHOULD walk. I think if Trayvon was indeed on top of him beating him down...then Martin didn't exercise the best judgment either because it got him killed.

These same gun laws protect black people too, so I don't see how that angle can be a racial one either.

If Martin was on top of him and Zimmerman was screaming to somebody for help, who saw it in plain view, then it's definitely not looking good for a prosecution...but it doesn't absolve Zimmerman from being a dumb a** and the fact that a kid died under such stupid circumstances.
If they tack on a hate crime charge then we have taken a dark turn in this society. We are essentially saying that if society is riled up enough any manufactured charged can be generated against an individual with little basis in law.

I'm already perturbed they latched a hate crime charge on the Indian kid in New Jersey whose gay roommate offed himself. At least that wasn't federal but there is no case of unjustified racial bias in this case. Frankly if they stuck a hate crime charge on Zimmerman I would be surprised if it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
It WAS raining when Trayvor went to the store and back.
I realize that. I was speaking in generalities.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Please review the case of Nicholas Lindsey. When I was in the military I quickly learned that young people can be deadly. The stand your ground law in Florida protects your right to defend yourself. The case is still being investigated to determine if the law applies. Each case is investigated. Currently there are many people in Florida attempting to remove the rights of Blacks and all Americans of any race or religion to defend themselves. We assume as Americans we had that right all along. Not true. The current laws in Florida are the most up to date and modern laws for total society. The DA must assume the person is innocent until proven guilty. Sounds silly right. We all thought that was basic American. Nope. We need a law that says that. Please work within your state to adopt legislation similair to Florida so that if tragedy should strike you and you have to defend your life or the lives of your family you will at least be assumed innocent until proven guilty.
Not sure what the Nicholas Lindsey case has to do with the castle doctrine, he shot a cop in the commission of a crime, please explain.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I hope that the protests that are taking place as we speak, do not influence the due process afforded Mr Zimmerman and also hope these protests due not turn into riots. The way things are today and what these protesters don't realize is, the posability of the defense claiming the jury pool is contaminated now. The protesters have made there point, now it is time to go home and be silent and let things run it's course before more damage is done.
I've made this point to my facebook friends. All of this biased hype serves one purpose, it'll allow Zimmerman to go free.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:47 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
People are judged by what they are wearing and I don't know how we can ever change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
You're going to think it is just a typical high school student, unless you're a hard core racist.
What Annie says is true that people are judged by what you wear. I don't think she would fit the hard core racist profile. You're judging by what she and I wrote, like we might judge about how you dress.

People do judge potential enemies, it's a survival instinct we've all inherited from the caveman.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You notice none of the Pro=Trayvon folks have addressed this article or the witness.
Yes,we did but you ignored it.
I said that Zimmer**** shouldn't had got out of his car in the first place.
That's basically the end.

You don't just follow someone and then confront them and not expect to get a beat down.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
It'll fly because what you just said doesn't make sense and we have witnesses.
No,they aren't. Where are the police tapes with John?
Oh yeah,there isn't any.

How about the phone conversation with Martins girlfriend?
Yeah,you forgot about that one.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
6'4 black young adults are the prime targets for kidnapping now......according to some black comedians...blacks aren't even taken as hostages on airline hijackings

Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,771 times
Quote:
It'll fly because what you just said doesn't make sense and we have witnesses.
I'll make it simple.

When you follow someone, then hop out of your car and confront them about walking down the street for no reason, a confrontation can occur. It happens all the time.

However, what about Trayvon made Zimmerman suspicious? Why wasn't it enough to 'observe and report'? Why did Zimmerman, who by all reports hadn't done a whole lot with his life to this point feel the need to play hero and confront a boy walking home? Hell, if I saw Zimmerman walking in MY neighborhood, he'd look suspicious, but I wouldn't confront the guy for no reason.

So even if Trayvon struck first, so be it. It ends in a fistfight with assualt charges against Trayvon. But to basically be a P-A-B and pull a gun out on a guy that you should be able to fight is just wrong.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yes,we did but you ignored it.
I said that Zimmer**** shouldn't had got out of his car in the first place.
That's basically the end.

You don't just follow someone and then confront them and not expect to get a beat down.
Thankfully the law says different. He won't be charged have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies