Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They are legit questions.....

Was Zimmerman actually getting back into his truck and going about his business?? Or indeed going to the mailboxes to meet the PD?? And then ambushed?? In the process, getting his nose broken and his head cut open??

Was Zimmerman yelling for help in the process??? If he was, would that indicate that he didn't want to shoot??

Is it a little odd that a 17 year old school aged teen is going to get skittles @ 2am??
Not odd at all..it sounds completely normal for a teenager to want sugary sweets at 2am in the morning.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You're clearly trolling. Martin was killed around 7pm, not 2am. You would know this had you read the police report.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf

Everything else you said doesn't even matter. The statute adopts a "reasonableness" standard, and if a jury of his peers finds that Zimmerman did not "reasonably" believe it to necessary to use lethal force against Martin, then he goes to jail. Period.
I said a few posts back that I haven't read anything stating it was @ 2am. So I didn't know. I retract it. I stand corrected.

I am not arguing whether he it was within reason to use deadly force or not...

Of course, this needs to be tried. And the law will obviously be interpreted. For all this to take place he needs to be arrested first. I am not sure if Zimmerman is protected to this extent.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Not odd at all..it sounds completely normal for a teenager to want sugary sweets at 2am in the morning.
But he wasn't out at 2am. The police report says 7pm.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
I don't get any of this!

Colour me stupid. I'm seeing a guy without ANY legal right to detain and question, as in actually being a bonifide cop, being given the benefit of the doubt when he followed, confronted, (after being advised by authorities not to) and subsequently killed a young guy who was NOT committing any crime.

Taking race or ethnicity out of it entirely; here's my questions about all of this:

Any young fellow simply walking alone presents what reason for confrontation or concern by anybody?

Following someone, whom you might legitimately think has or is about to commit a crime, while relatively safe in a vehicle would then result in you exiting the vehicle to confront the individual why? He had already 911'ed it to the cops so why exit the vehicle given he'd seen no crime actually being committed.

Where would it be deemed appropriate and sane for a civilian to exit the relative safety of a vehicle to confront someone you actually think might be a criminal unless you have a DESIRE to do so KNOWING you have the advantage on perhaps more than one front, ie: being bigger and armed.

Please don't look at this through the polarizing optics of race or ethnicity at all for purposes of analyzing the event. That probably factored into the thinking of both the victim and the perp but for our purpose of eliminating reasons and motivations, why not just keep it to the common sense aspect and ask yourselves all of the questions above and come to the conclusion based on "common sense alone".

NONE of the actions taken by Zimmerman, after alerting the authorities, make any sense to me at all. Had the stupid idiot merely stayed in his car he would have watched the kid walk up to a house to be admitted inside by the occupants.

Last edited by BruSan; 03-24-2012 at 10:11 AM..

288 posts, read 283,522 times
This is a good read:

White People, You Will Never Look Suspicious Like Trayvon Martin by Michael Skolnik | Global Grind

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
he is still legally a minor.....and it wasn't 2 am as the gentleman/lady above just clarified.

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Quote:
Also, a fair point...since many want to tag the hate crime on him....His mothers side of the family is Peruvian...Many Peruvians, by CD's logic, would be considered "Black"... So wouldn't that make it pretty much impossible for it to be a hate crime??

Or does Zimmerman hate his black family members too? Or wait...they aren't black...they're white......wait...

Hey, looks like that Arizona "shading" chart might come in handy now after all right??
Take a listen to this:
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
The media has turned this into a disaster.

One South Florida man was killed by the protest 'kids' .
????????????

Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
Of course, this needs to be tried. And the law will obviously be interpreted. For all this to take place he needs to be arrested first. I am not sure if Zimmerman is protected to this extent.
There's nothing to be interpreted. It's a question of fact, not law. It will go to a jury and it will make a finding of fact.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
I don't know why people who aren't following the story continue posting.

Martin walked to 7-11 during half-time of the nba all star basketball game. What time zone are you in where the game was going on at 2am in the morning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies