Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 01:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

What's going to happen to Zimmerman?

He'll go before the court, plead "not guilty" and then be released on bail pending trial.

And what then?

Quote:
Little is publicly known about the 28-year-old from Virginia who attended Seminole State College and aspired to become a law-enforcement officer.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/George+Zimmerman+neighborhood+watch+volunteer+kill ed+Trayvon+Martin/6336669/story.html#ixzz1py5qY8BE (broken link)
He was a cop wannabe. That says a lot!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Doesn't it depend on the size of the community? If it is an apt building with 4 families, then, yes I would agree with you. But if it is a community of 1000 families, not too bad imo.
What complex do you know of with 1000 families?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
What complex do you know of with 1000 families?
I didn't see where it said there were that many in that complex.

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
(1)It's ridiculous at this late date in history the Feds have to babysit imbeciles. It's ridiculous at this late date in history the Federal gov't has to kick Rick Scott in the head to get him off his ass, and even when he does, it's disingenuous.

(2)On a national scale NRA wants guns in all the wrong hands. Jeb Bush just like Rick Scott wants to dine on dysfunction. It's the only way they know how to make a living. How can you not see that pill mill problem going on in Florida today has a slime trail leading all the way to Solantic, Pharmaca, and "health network" propaganda Rick Scott has orchestrated in the state? He bought the job he's in right now for $78 million and you think it didn't pay dividends in spades? He's practically first cousin of the Bush clan and duke of Fox propaganda. I can't believe y'all would be so blind to elect him and expect a different outcome.
Paragraph 1 - Florida doesn't need the federal govenment to get involved - the federal government should mind their own business.

Paragraph 2 - My, aren't you a conspiracy theorist...

These are the politicians....

Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I didn't see where it said there were that many in that complex.
There weren't... You don't need it in black and white to know that there simply wasn't 1000 families living in that complex...

I bet there weren't even 300 units.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Where else in the civilized world can you shoot a child to death and get away with it because of an arbitrary law that allows you to murder at will and then claim self-defense to cover it up?

The complicity and blatant corruption of the Sanford police department in handling the case is just further salt in the wound. Things like this are not supposed to happen in a civilized first-world country. Florida is an embarrassment to America.

The fact that Zimmerman is walking free today is not just a great injustice, it's a damning indictment on us as a nation. If this man isn't brought to justice for this murder, America can no longer claim to be the champion of the free world when its own citizens can't even walk the streets in their own neighborhood without been murdered because of the color of their skin.
Florida is not a country. Just FYI.

PS No one got away with it, since the investigation is still ongoing.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM

613 posts, read 760,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
People need to do the same when the gangs kill innocents too, but they don't. Why not?

Hot diggity dog! Yeah, and people need to do the same thing when careless drivers kill people, to, ya noed boi!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
New York.
Evidence? Oh that's right. You don't bother with that. The whisper campaigns are good enough.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read the article he has caught several of them before. Have a nice day.
Where? Just because Zimmerman "caught" several people in the community and they were Black, I want to know if they were arrested and charged with crimes? That was my point.

If I don't like my neighbor across the road and call the police over and over and say he did this or that and "I caught him breaking into my house" or "I caught him stealing my neighbor's bicycle" it could be because I simply don't like that neighbor. I asked for actual police statistics.

Same with the "Trayvon attacked him" statements. No proof at all. Zimmerman could have said the young man told him the iced tea was really a Molatov cocktail and the Skittles were tiny explosives, but it doesn't make it so until we know the facts.

The only fact we know is that an unarmed teenager was shot & killed. An unarmed teenager, who was watching a basketball game and took a walk to the store was shot. A man who was safely in his SUV followed an unarmed teenager and shot him. A man who had a 9mm gun shot another person who was unarmed when the police were already called to the scene and nobody's life was in danger. The police would have told him, "Yes, there was just a break-in reported in that neighborhood." The only other 911 calls during that time were about the struggle between Zimmerman and Martin and the gun shot. Are there any reports of burglaries that night in The Retreat at Twin Lakes? Was anyone else harmed? No.

The man wanted to be a police officer and he was already 28 years old. Think about it. Why wasn't he a cop? He wanted to be and he even took some criminal justice courses at a community college. Maybe he couldn't be because he had a felony assault record. Or maybe he couldn't pass the police exam, blah, blah. Maybe he had other issues, like psychiatric problems. I don't know. However, everyday people can't walk around with guns and shoot other people unless their lives are in imminent danger. It's absurd to even assume Zimmerman felt he was in danger when he (a) had a weapon and (b) decided to leave the safety of his vehicle to pursue someone he thought was a threat.

I want to elaborate a bit. Hope it's not too off topic. I was in a library in Englewood (Charlotte County side) last year on route 776 when a man was talking about a local business owner who died after an assault. "Did you hear about the antique dealer who was beaten to death? I heard it was one of those Mexicans. There are too many illegals in Florida and they cause most of the crimes." He then added he was happy no Blacks lived in his neighborhood called Gulf Cove. Well, I'm glad I have a gun because if I spot the Mexican who beat this guy, he won't get very far....."

Okay, so here's an article from the newspaper after the killer was caught. [URL="http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110102/ARTICLE/101021046"]this is the story [/URL]

This is 2012 and yet I am reminded of the stories my grandfather would tell me of the anti-Jewish pogroms during the Russian Empire in the 19th century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies