Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,978,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Those people are not right wing. They are liberal at heart. Since liberals hate the military.
There is no bounds to the right-wing ability to twist reality into a pretzel to fit their desired narrative.
Quote:
NYTimes: The case decided Wednesday arose from a protest at the funeral of a Marine who had died in Iraq, Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder. As they had at hundreds of other funerals, members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., appeared with signs bearing messages like “America is Doomed” and “God Hates ****.”

The church contends that God is punishing the United States for its tolerance of homosexuality.
It's laughable to consider these people liberals -- but the right lives in an alternate universe.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,800,412 times
Default Witness: teen Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and beat him as Zimmerman cried for help

Apparently there was an eyewitness to the whole episode, that ended with teenager Trayvon Martin getting shot by George Zimmerman in a Florida neighborhood. And that eyewitness is telling a very different story from what pundits such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (who were not there) are telling us.

The witness says that he saw the teenager Martin attack Zimmerman and bring him down to the ground; and that Trayvon Martin was on top, beating up on Zimmerman who lay on the ground, yelling for help.

If what the witness says is true, this could lend a lot more credibility to Zimmerman's statements that he shot to defend himself.

But this runs against the opinions that many people (including myself) had already formed: That Zimmerman stalked the teenager and shot him as he ran away.

Since the eyewitness's testimony runs so counter to the conclusions people have already drawn, will the eyewitness testimony be ignored, and people start rioting over the "brutal racial killing" they are so sure happened? When maybe it didn't happen that way at all?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

Updated: Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 5:47 PM EDT

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

(snip)

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

(snip)

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,921,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The incident happened shortly after 7pm.

Someone was yelling for help, why do you assume it was Zimmerman? If it was Martin that would be very bad for Zimmerman. If FL is smart they will ask the FBI forensic lab to analyze all the communications.
I never assumed it was Zimmerman. The only evidence that it was Zimmerman was the witness who says he saw Zimmerman screaming for help with Trayvon on top of him.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,432,716 times
Trayvon was just standing his ground. After being stalked and confronted by a total stranger, he felt threatened. Zimmerman needs to be arrested.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
The incident happened shortly after 7pm.

Someone was yelling for help, why do you assume it was Zimmerman? If it was Martin that would be very bad for Zimmerman. If FL is smart they will ask the FBI forensic lab to analyze all the communications.
A witness confirmed it was Zimmerman and actually exchanged words with him from his home. As the witness went upstairs to call the cops a gunshot was heard. This witness came forward hours after the incident.

You're going to have to get your info from local sources as the MSM is apparently not going to publish or report information that contradicts the Zimmerman is a ranting and raving racist meme.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He's a neighborhood watch captain...why should he have to stay in his car?

If what the witness says is true, there will likely be no trial and it's probably the reason the police didn't arrest him on the spot.

Self defense. The kid was beating on him, according to the witness.
Read the rules of the Neighborhood Watch. No guns allowed. No pursuit of possible suspects.

Sanrene, did you read my post when I said that employees for banks and retail outlets have been fired for taking matters into their own hands? Zimmerman is not even part of a registered Neighborhood Watch group. He is very low on the food chain, not even a paid security guard or the HOA director.

In my wildest dreams, I still do not know why anyone, unless that person is full of hate, would justify the shooting of an unarmed 17 year old who went to the store during a basketball game on TV and got a bag of Skittles. It was early in the evening. Remember, it was only Feb and it gets dark at 5 or 6. This wasn't midnight or any time people aren't out walking their dogs or just strolling to the store. Trayvor Martin had every right to be walking home that evening. Zimmerman did not identity himself as any authorized personnel and had nothing to indicate he wasn't a burglar, a child molester, a drug dealer or any other "suspicious" person. So what's the difference? He calls and says a young man is acting suspiciously? But he isn't? Are you a woman? You wouldn't find the actions of a 28 year old man driving around in an SUV following you a little scary? Zimmerman said "he's walking toward me" in the 911 tape and then said "he's running." Why? Because Zimmerman was waving a 9mm gun at him, that's why? I don't know why anyone would walk over to a vehicle to talk to the driver and then take off, not unless he saw something to make him run. Zimmerman never told the cops he was armed, but he said that Martin had something in his waistband. Why?

Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,670,067 times
Zimmerman is screwed either way. Guilty or not, he will not get a fair trial if arrested. Zimmerman has been found guilty by the media and public perception. If he is guilty, he deserves his fate. If he is not guilty, then he will be guilty to appease the African American community to prevent a Rodney King type backlash. Anyone can see this coming

5,960 posts, read 5,554,115 times
This side of the story goes completely against the 24 hours per day narrative (which must be the truth as its the only version being broadcast throughout the day on all of the news channels).

Trayvon is completely innocent and was just minding his own business.

Zimmerman is a white racist murderer.

The local police are protecting the white racist murderer.

That is the ONLY narrative that has been presented in the national media.

What are the chances that the verdict in Mr. Zimmerman's trial is read the day before the national elections?

Should be interesting.

Stay safe everyone.

8,091 posts, read 5,921,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Trayvon was just standing his ground. After being stalked and confronted by a total stranger, he felt threatened. Zimmerman needs to be arrested.
So then they were both standing their ground...

Again, if you think one action justifies aggression and not the other you are no longer arguing principle.

He does need to be arrested though.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
According to this witness, Trayvon did not simply "stand his ground", he ATTACKED.

Did you see something different? Where were you standing when you saw it?

I agree that Zimmerman should be arrested, let out on bail, and tried for murder. And ALL facts should be brought out at the trial, and judgement and punishment given out accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies