Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

And so the whitening of Zimmerman begins. Although, a picture is still worth a thousand words, and even a color-blind person knows brown ain't white!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I have to agree. Its sure looks like Zimmerman pressed for a confrontation.
What do you think a Neighborhood Watch does exactly? See a stranger and run into the closet? That's what a good Neighborhood Watch does... they stop strangers and ask them what they are doing here.... do you guys here yourself talk sometimes because it doesn't sound like you have it altogether...

Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Yes an eyewitness who 'suddenly' appears out of the woodwork a month later, just days after the sheriff has to step down....how convenient.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Then you have the worst thing possible by having the President putting his two cents in.........instead of deflecting the question to having the authorities handle the case.....instead he states how Trayvon could have been his son. Gee, do you really think Zimmerman will be found not guilty now and that the Presidents's "adopted son' died in vain? Not happening....Zimmerman is screwed thanks to the media, the mob, and Obama before a trial and facts have been played out.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I'll agree with you- it's the establishment's approval he seeks.

I was always taught not to elevate myself by putting others down. Stand on your own merit.
The RIGHT stuff.

For the young'uns reading grey's statement-- there's deeper wisdom behind that simplicity that you need to take heed. If you're standing on someone else's head to feel tall your world is never secure and your real skills/ muscles atrophy. It only takes an epiphany for that other person to shake you off like a flea. And flea is an apt analogy because it's someone else's dime/ life work you're exploiting when they're holding up your (artificial) world for you. When you're grounded and centered in self awareness, rooted in truth, you can prevail the storms. Your own hands are on your own wheel in life, not pulling strings of others to steer others. That's where manhood is. When you're not grounded, you're vulnerable to every huckster walking past you. That's where perpetual juvenile delinquency is. Be wise. God bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess we both can't be on the jury. (if there ever is a trial)
Neither one of us are going to be on the jury, you know that. Who is a jury of Zimmermans peers? Harrier. Huckleberry. Rimmerama. Hothandz. EdwardA. They'll see nothing more than themselves being threatened by their own racism. They'll defend their racism the same way the PD and Zimmerman did.

There will be no such thing as a jury of Trayvon's peers. Can you imagine Zimmerman having to face Trayvon's entire HS graduating class to explain his actions? To look them in the eye and lie through his teeth? To have every 17 yr old in America today permitted to ask him one question on the stand. Let him do the work of unbreaking their hearts. Not going to happen, but it ought to. Our legal system, our courtrooms, aren't made to serve humanity. It's made for select privileged white men ducking out of responsibility at the expense of all worthy of defense. Take a good look at your governors resume. There he is.

Quote:
I don't always trust the media, no matter which side they're on, but those 911 tapes tell it all.
A healthy skepticism is good but if you get too jaded you'll miss the sober voice speaking truth forced to compete with sensationalism. Why are we going to Iraq wasn't 'sexy' enough for anyone to hear. I agree those 911 tapes ought to be all the evidence needed for sane people. Those aren't Zimmermans peers.

Quote:
I have a question. Did Zimmerman say he was the Neighborhood Watch? I don't hear it anywhere in the entire tape.
I don't watch tv, but from the print news I've seen online coming in drips and drabs here there it was implied in an article that he identified himself as such to the officer on scene, and perhaps in previous calls. Reporters interviewing neighbors found a disgruntled neighbor who had a problem with him self appointing himself as 'captain' of the neighborhood watch and also felt leery about his over zealous tactics. That neighbor was never identified and I can't find the link. Too many articles piled up, but it's important to realize that even the disgruntled neighbor has motive to speak that way if they mean to distance themselves from the problem or the potential liability.

Lets get back to this basic fact though. As sickofnyc has already posted, this was not a formally recognized neighborhood watch. More like an ad hoc militia with crude understandings of what it was supposed to be. Might as well be uneducated Africans 'suffering not a witch to live' with unsupervised Evangelical instruction in the hands of a witch doctor, then blame the kids for the outcomes. I agree these people appear to be generally clueless about the format of a real neighborhood watch. Zimmerman most overtly. The rest following blithely along (and scared they'll be implicated next).

Quote:
I was never a volunteer, just wondering
I've never been in the formal program. I'm old school grapevine where no one's kid could do a thing without his mamma finding out about it before he ever got his boots on the doorstep. If I know so and so isn't allowed to be doing such and such- mom had many pairs of eyes helping her out years ago.

Quote:
Also, it was only about 7, not late in the evening. Some people are talking as if it was the middle of the night. Had this been June, it would still be light outside. This whole shooting went down after dinner which is one reason it makes no sense to me (not that it would anyway) but it's as if he wanted people to know he was finally taking matters into his own hands and thought he'd get an attaboy for a job well done. I'm not in law enforcement, but do many burglaries in a community take place during dinner time when most people are home?
The LE experience I had directly was not as a beat cop. My limited beat cops perspective I learned from family members second hand- you are correct. Daytime burglaries, or the witching hours when they have the opportunity of surprise. The latter is the messy way and is more about desperation or revenge than stealing. Whomever these thieves are, they mean to avoid confrontation and detection. Zimmerman never would have seen them because they were primed to be looking for him before Z ever thought to look for them. That and he had convicted every black person in his mind before they ever came walking by. Hispanic thieves, white thieves, asian thieves, female thieves... free pass.

Their profile would not be consistent with brazen smash and grab thuggery making a display of dominance/ supremacy as he seems to have convinced himself. They'd either attempt to blend with ordinary residents like a wedding crasher or pose as utility/ salesman innocuous appearance. It's really hard for normal people to think like a thief. Abnormal psych is still a struggle for me to wrap my head around- I am not a pro, just been around scam artists longer than most! LOL. Of all the reality series dumped on TV, this was by far most realistic- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Take...2005_TV_series)

Quote:
I might have already asked this too, but did the police ever contact the convenience store for a surveillance tape? I think it was a 7-Eleven and they always have cameras. It doesn't seem as if they did anything at all after a teenager was murdered. I've seen no indication they ever did.
I've seen no indication they did. I believe that general information came from testimony from his girlfriend's cell phone call and/or his parents. It's origin-- I'm not a journalist in a position to verify things. Ordinary folks like us are always at the mercy of trusting media did their due diligence when so much information flies by so quickly.

I think it's safe to say the media has asked far more questions than the investigating officers.

Quote:
What a crying shame.
It's horrible enough it happened. It's a national disgrace when grown adults continue lying to themselves to spare their vanity at the expense of their children's safety & wellbeing. It's pitiful how many have abandoned citizenship for a pile of magic beans and an ego massage.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What do you think a Neighborhood Watch does exactly? See a stranger and run into the closet? That's what a good Neighborhood Watch does... they stop strangers and ask them what they are doing here.... do you guys here yourself talk sometimes because it doesn't sound like you have it altogether...
They watch, and then call the police when they see something. End of story.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
Zimmerman isn't white, hispanic/latino..
Don't tell me. Tell NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So the 911 tapes of Zimmerman out of breath chasing after Trayvon are wrong or the distinctive cry for help of a very young male are wrong or the place where the attack occured... which was not near Zimmermans original sighting meaning that Zimmerman followed Trayvon was wrong or Zimmerman carrying a gun on a "neighbourhood patrol" was OK.
The facts are yet to be properly determined but to not arrest Zimmerman and go forward with a trial is wrong, wrong, wrong!
I don't know at what point Zimmerman cried for help, but on that tape it is a young person's voice that I heard. Trayvon's mother identified the voice and I'm sure there is technology that will enable the comparison of Zimmerman's voice to the one on the tape. The witness's character and credibility will also be checked out I'm sure.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
George Zimmerman is as innocent as OJ Simpson because neither have been found guilty of murder by a jury of their respective peers.

Justice worked in 1995, right?

So what is the problem now?

Old 03-24-2012, 12:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Thanks for another eyewitness account.

It might be best to shut the hell up until we let a jury hear the evidence. I am certainly in favor of an arrest. But it may all simply stop at the point of the grand jury investigation, if this is the only eyewitness testimony.

Well then why are you posting? People come here to discuss their views.

If it's best to wait, then why are you here?

I believe this board already as a moderator. Just like Sanford, FL already had a police dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies