Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So you are refuting the fact that a 28 year old MAN shot a 17 year old CHILD?
I believe the Martins' side of the case much more than Zimmerman's, but that is terrible reasoning. A 17-year-old, whether you choose to call him a "child" or not, is as lethal as a 28-year-old.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So is a 17 yr old a day before his birthday a CHILD?
last week he was 'a little boy.'
so i guess this is actually an improvement of sorts.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm a little leery of guys in hoodies. I know its mostly just an image look like wearing bling or trying to pose as a gangsta but when somebody has their face covered by a hoodie I'm just suspicious no matter if they're white, black or hispainc. It used to be the same with ski masks.
Zimmerman was aparently suspicious because he didn't recognize Trayvon from being in the neighborhood. He was also gung ho and a cop wannabe, not the type I'd want to have to be around or put up with. Something happened to provoke an altercation between them. I doubt lethal force was justified but there was so much exploitation and media sensationalism that some defense of Zimmerman has to be at least considered. The police should be blamed for not being more open and professional in their handling of the case but the media should be doubly condemned for doing an even worse job after the fact. Not to mention all the hustlers and hate merchants who swarmed in like a pack of vultures to get their peice of the tragedy.
If it was not cold and rainy I would be too. The media leaves that fact out. They leave out the fact that the hoodie was not pulled up when Martin was in the store buying the stuff. Many whites also pull their hoods on when it is rainy outside.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended from school for having a 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

A little more info. on Martin has come out...

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In this case: [...an 18 year old child punched a man in the head and killed him. How long to you want to keep that assinine arguement about an "innocent, helpless child" going? Or that he was "defenseless" because he didn't have a gun? Shall we look at how many murders are committed by 14-18 year old children?

Ironically, this story happened just a few weeks after Martin's. Yet we don't have any mobs demanding the execution of the suspect. A bunch of racist idiots haven't put out a bounty on the man.
That's because the kid is in jail and awaiting a murder trial. The cops did their job. What stinks about the Trayvon case is how the cops not only did not arrest a shooter, they did not test Zimmerman for drugs/alcohol, they coerced witnesses, did not secure the scene of the shooting, did not test the gun etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How can it become more clear? You are only going on Zimmerman's statement.You might want to pull those reins in as well.
And there is documentation to prove that Zimmerman is a liar. He is on record as lying about the circumstances surrounding his arrest for battery on a police officer. If he is able to lie and contradict a written polcie report written about HIM, who is to say that he won't lie now where the only person who could refute him is dead?

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 03-27-2012 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
So how long are you supposed to let a 17 year old child slam your head into the sidewalk before you do something?

There is a witness to that and the cops found blood on the back of Zimmerman's head and he was bleeding from the nose with grass on his back.

The facts are not adding up to the media hype. Let the system do it's job.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM

403 posts, read 867,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That was no child and I am glad he's dead.
That is extreme when the accurate details f the case haven't been released. It's sad when anyone dies but this mob mentality on Zimmerman, who is multi racial, is wrong too. We are not the jury. If that kid was familiar with the neighborhood why did the know of the block each they had?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
"Children" younger than 17 have shot machineguns, used explosives, etc., in wars, and killed many. 17 used to be considered an adult for many purposes in this country.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry but following someone is not illegal or a justified use of force. Being on top of someone and beating the crap out of them is a justified use of force.

Real big difference.
sorry, but a stranger following me home from the store and then chasing me (which is what is proven that happened) means that person INSTIGATED the confrontation. he had every right to defend himself against his stalker and eventual murderer.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
So how long are you supposed to let a 17 year old child slam your head into the sidewalk before you do something?

There is a witness to that and the cops found blood on the back of Zimmerman's head and he was bleeding from the nose with grass on his back.

The facts are not adding up to the media hype. Let the system do it's job.
that would be GOOD, since zimmerman stalked and chased after him, if someone did that to me the outcome would be the same. i don't understand how zimmermans having a bloody nose matters to this case.. that's what SHOULD have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies