Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:28 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
NEWFLASH- The shooter was Latino, not white. Why is everyone painting this as a white hate crime?
That's what I was wondering, why are people dragging white people into this??

Old 03-26-2012, 07:29 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Just an observation from the 90s, living in Chicago then.

The neighborhoods that were unsafe for whites were generally unsafe for everybody.

But there were a lot of other neighborhoods that were only unsafe for blacks.

Like I said... just an observation.
Without a doubt, this is true.

It's also true that a lot of city neighborhoods are "controlled" by rival gangs - a lot of which are racial in makeup.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post

Because he was "white latino"....

It's a very grey area....now the black and white construct of America are using/abandoning Latinos when convenient.

It's ridiculous.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 AM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where have you been? All I have heard about the past week has been about a black person being killed.
Where have YOU been? Blacks being killed isn't something that just started this past week.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Where have YOU been. Black being killed isn't something that just started this week.
Yes, I know. That's what i am saying. I see it all the time in the news. At this time it is ALL I see, and before this, other incidents have been on local news on daily bases.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-26-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
A photo is worth a thousand wordsAttachment 92940
Well, it would if the "middle-finger" pointing one is Trayvon...which it's not. The other one could possibly be him, but not sure how gold teeth=deserving of death.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:35 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post

Its easier then the truth.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
it wasn't about him feeling threatened....
The whole "threatened by the black man with a bag of skittles" didn't come into play until he was knocked to the ground and having his face pounded.
This AFTER following Martin, calling the police and finally making the decision to approach him. Zimmerman provoked the entire situation.

If he decided to stay in his car, a block away and allow the police to intervene he likely would not have shot anyone. The police may have been able to do there job and perhaps no one would have lost their life.

Zimmerman created this entire situation and provoked the altercation.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
This AFTER following Martin, calling the police and finally making the decision to approach him. Zimmerman provoked the entire situation.
It.......doesn't......matter...

Understand this...If your whole premise is non-aggression then you must be consistent.

By advocation Martins beating of Zimmerman you are no longer arguing principle.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I've yet to hear or read what "weapon" Trayvon used to hit Zimmerman in the back of the head? Was it the bag of Skittles? Supposedly they were fighting on grass. As for Zimmerman's "eye witness", was he so full of fear that he just stood by and watched what was going on? Were these two, big brave men actually in total fear of Trayvon? Did the police take photos of Zimmerman's head injury??

If Zimmerman has an "eye witness", I bet the "eye witness" thought that SYG would result in no arrest. I wonder if there is an arrest of Zimmerman and it goes to court, if the "eye witness" is prepared to take the stand and make the same testimony.

ETA: Witness Claims George Zimmerman Never Tried to... | Gather
Guess what? Your speculation as to who, what, when, or where is of no value. Not on the board. Not to police. Not to society. In the United States, the justice system gives credit to eye witnesses. You can speculate until you're blue in the face as to whether or not you believe the eye witness account ......but the bottom line is that it only makes you look ignorant for second guessing the person who was actually there and actually saw the event as it played out.

So why do you do this to yourself? Unfortunately, you're not alone. Millions of people have declared Zimmerman guilty in the court of public opinion.......which goes to show how shallow-minded Americans really are.

You should hold yourself to a higher standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies