Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM

32,092 posts, read 34,696,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The almost-adult apparently HIT Zimmerman, jumped on him, beat him, broke his nose and smashed his head on the ground.
This is Zimmerman's account. Is he supposed to say, "Yeah, I killed the bastard. Cold-hearted." His statements will be subject to cross-examination at trial (should he choose to testify).

One witness (a young boy) says that he saw Zimmerman on the ground and that the two individuals were separated.

One witness says (an anonymous "John") that Martin was on top throwing punches and that Zimmerman was screaming for help.

None of the witnesses have stated that Martin jumped on Zimmerman and "smashed" his head on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who knows, he might have had "issues".
Character evidence is a two-way street. If Zimmerman's counsel opens that door, that then gives the right to the prosecution to walk through it as well.

Rule 404. Character Evidence; Crimes or Other Acts | Federal Rules of Evidence | LII / Legal Information Institute

Old 03-27-2012, 09:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
I do not see a 17 years old as a child really as that is the age a person become a adult in my state.I am satified to let the law take its course as with any other case.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,245,970 times
It sounds like he was making a positive contribution by being the eyes and ears of a neighborhood that had been having a problem with burglaries. Maybe his experience gave him the ability to spot suspicious activity. And maybe Trayvon Martin was acting suspiciously - possibly casing the area for potential break in targets? It wasn't long ago that I saw black teens in hoodies doing just that and they ran like hell when a homeowner asked them what they wanted. I guess he was "profiling" them ...

2,010 posts, read 2,371,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Why are you making the assumption that Zimmerman made a decision to track and kill him? Witness statements appear to completely discredit this theory.
Exactly. If Zimmerman's statement is true (which eye witness accounts match up) and Zimmerman was RETREATING to his car, where TM then approached Zimmerman, attacked him and tried to take his gun, then how are people still arguing for TM? Even if Zimmerman was being an idiot, that does not give TM just cause in approaching and attacking Zimmerman. He should have just said "F this idiot" and kept walking. At the point when TM was beating Zimmerman and going for his gun, Zimmerman had merit in thinking his life was in danger. If this is not what happened, it is up to the court system to decide. If he lied and in not justified in the shooting, then he should pay for what he did. But none of you were there, and no one KNOWS what happened. Repeating what you THINK happened and insisting that it was racially motivated doesn't make it true. It's sickening how so many are convinced that he's guilty without knowing the complete story. If the New black panther party (the black KKK) and their celebrity donors got a hold of him and killed him, I have no doubt that there would be millions of people celebrating his death. There is either no faith in our justice system, or those who are so convinced in what they believe about this situation that no matter what evidence is presented, it won't matter, your mind is made up.

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
THAT makes a sound argument for Trayvon being innocent here. NOT!!!!!!
I see you sidestepped the question, but since you interjected yourself into this conversation, how about it:

Would you or would you not, run and scream for help if a guy was following you?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
How is there nothing in the media that would convict this man of a crime? He shot and killed an unarmed man. In Payson Arizona a few years ago an elderly man was hiking in the woods. A homeless man's dog came after the elderly hiker. Apparently the homeless man charged after the elderly hiker in fear that he was going to harm his dog. The elderly hiker pulled out a gun and shot the homeless man in the chest and killed him. The hiker was arrested and convicted of manslaughter. You cannot shoot people if you are able to protect yourself in other ways. Self-defense implies reasonable action. It is not reasonable to shoot someone in the chest for kicking your ass.
You don't just get to claim self-defense only if the other person is armed. If I choked you out and you had access to a gun would you just sit on it and allow me to continue to choke you since technically I'm not armed?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

Since we don't know which way this went, how is it possible to assign blame to Trayvon? Why not just withhold blame entirely?
Now THAT's what you call a BACKTRACK! What do you think people have been saying from the beginning? It was people like you and MANY others that started shooting from the hip. Look at your username statement, you aren't biased? LMAO. What we have to go on is the police report, judging from that, Zimmerman used self defense. More evidence could come out, but right now, that is how it looks LEGALLY!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times
Does it matter to the case?

Or are you a little bent that Travon isn't the Pretty little Obummer's clone that he was originally made out to be?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Jumped and beaten and suffered a broken nose, but the police find no reason to photograph the injuires after I just shot and killed a 17 year old kid?

Zimmerman;'s attorney fled an interview last night where these questions were going to be asked of him. Why was that?
How do you know the police didn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Where are the hospital records for that night? I have not seen any medical documentation of his injuries or saying he had a broken nose.
Do hospitals usually release records of private citizens to the public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Well did the EMS examine him on the scene? If so there would be a record of his "injuries". Apparently they were not that bad. I don't dispute he probably got socked in the nose. If I had a strange guy following me at night and asking me what I am doing here, I'd sock him too.
Apparently, that was the response of the almost-man, Martin. Look what happened.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I see you sidestepped the question, but since you interjected yourself into this conversation, how about it:

Would you or would you not, run and scream for help if a guy was following you?
It doesn't matter what I would do. It makes no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies