Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:22 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if this is even BROUGHT to trial, it took thousands of people protesting to even get the DA to even take of the MURDER CASE!!

pretty sick.
You haven't kept up with the recent news have you? I don't blame the police for not charging Zimmerman - and I was initially part of the crowd who was incensed that they hadn't. But there was less publicly known then that is known now. I calmed down and began to see things objectively. This should be a good lesson to teach people to reserve judgment until they have all the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:48 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,472,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
They always riot and loot their own hoods."
I have a problem with that statement. These are your fellow Americans. This is America. You make it seem you are talking about some foreign people in a foreign land.
Sure,they may destroy businesses and homes,but guess whose tax dollars will be raised to pay for the damage,even if you never step your nasty feet there?

Your last sentence "destroying your own area".
So blacks have their own designated area?

Most of the businesses in black communities aren't owned by blacks themselves,but by hispanics,Koreans,whites,and a whole host of others. I would say a majority of businesses aren't owned by blacks,so why should they care when these people sell them cheap,overpriced crap?
I could care less if you have a problem with what I said. It does not matter who owns the businesses in these areas, they are inhabitated by blacks. Also just because someone resides in this country I may or may not consider them "fellow" Americans. There are plenty of people taking up space in the U.S. who act like people who belong in a foreign land. Some even use the name of a foreign land to describe their race.

Have you seen my feet?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You haven't kept up with the recent news have you? I don't blame the police for not charging Zimmerman - and I was initially part of the crowd who was incensed that they hadn't. But there was less publicly known then that is known now. I calmed down and began to see things objectively. This should be a good lesson to teach people to reserve judgment until they have all the facts.
You just made a wise post. I verbatim...did, and since Sunday, have done as you have. Calmed down...and seen more come out. And here IS more, just released >>

Trayvon Martin Twitter Account Released (And Gold Tooth Pic Verified)

Old 03-27-2012, 02:09 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hate to disappoint you folks yet again, but there won't be any riots. Sorry.
Really? And you know this how?

We have a very angry country right now. Not just because of this incident. You have a lot of people of all races struggling.

We also have a population of young people, a generation or two who are insensitive and lack empathy for others, more so then generations of the past.(Not all but enough).

There is a disconnect today amongst people.

Add in the bad economy and an incident like this with the media stirring the pot, the chances are very good for civil unrest.

There are a lot of people of all races who are angry for many reasons, and this incident could bring it all to a head.

If you think otherwise, then please post your reasons.

Otherwise your post is quite flippant.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Really? And you know this how?

We have a very angry country right now. Not just because of this incident. You have a lot of people of all races struggling.

We also have a population of young people, a generation or two who are insensitive and lack empathy for others then generations of the past.(Not all but enough).

There is a disconnect today amongst people.

Add in the bad economy and an incident like this with the media stirring the pot, the chances are very good for civil unrest.

If you think otherwise, then please post your reasons.

Otherwise your post is quite flippant.
How do you know there will be riots?

Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,531,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You just made a wise post. I verbatim...did, and since Sunday, have done as you have. Calmed down...and seen more come out. And here IS more, just released >>

Oh my God! A gold tooth--what a scary negro! And what's up with that dart board in the back of the photo...Looks suspicious to me.

Now that settles everything. He looks like a dangerous fiend on the prowl for a late night Skittles run. Zimmerman must have been very brave to go up against that roughneck...

Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

So you have calmed down, taken a step back, and are trying to look at the situation without making a judgement - trying to be objective. Then you post a photo of TM with gold teeth. So what??? Maybe GZ had silver fillings in his teeth??? What does that have to do with anything? Talk about being judgmental because someone has gold teeth. Exactly what does his gold teeth "tell" you? Now it's coming out that TM was suspended from school because a bag was found with traces of marijuana, yet tox reports say there was nothing in TM's system. But hey, the kid smoked reefer so he must be "bad". More people are killed by people who can legally drink and get drunk than people who smoke reefer.

I guess after the government bans hoodies, banning gold teeth will follow.

Now there are friends of GZ coming forward telling the press what happened - and they weren't even there. They are just parroting what GZ told them. Reliable "witnesses"? I would like to hear what GZ has to say..................oh, wait!! He's in hiding and no one knows where he is - including his lawyer who has never met him.

I speculated that GZ is guilty based on all the press and how info is leaking out bit-by-bit from the police, or lack of info. Yet the police have failed to make a statement or provide, at the minimum, photos of GZ's head wound and face, which apparently was being "pounded" by TM. One would think a few swollen eyes, a broken nose, bruises would warrant photos to support GZ's defense using SYG law. As far as I'm concerned without proof, the wounds are just claims.

I don't understand how someone can claim self-defense when they are the aggressor. It's like me trying to rob someone, they defend themself, overpower me, then I have to shot them to defend myself. Would that fly in Florida?

What I haven't moved away from is the fact that there should be a trial. Let the facts unfold in a court room and let GZ be judged by a jury. But at the end of the day, declared guilty or not guilty by a jury, GZ's life is over, he will become a man with no island (Casey Anthony??) and a boy is dead.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Looks suspicious to me.

Now that settles everything. He looks like a dangerous fiend on the prowl for a late night.
Agree, lookin more and more like that.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What I haven't moved away from is the fact that there should be a trial. Let the facts unfold in a court room and let GZ be judged by a jury.
Well at least you said SOMETHING that makes sense.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
So you have calmed down, taken a step back, and are trying to look at the situation without making a judgement - trying to be objective. Then you post a photo of TM with gold teeth. So what??? Maybe GZ had silver fillings in his teeth??? What does that have to do with anything? Talk about being judgmental because someone has gold teeth. Exactly what does his gold teeth "tell" you? Now it's coming out that TM was suspended from school because a bag was found with traces of marijuana, yet tox reports say there was nothing in TM's system. But hey, the kid smoked reefer so he must be "bad". More people are killed by people who can legally drink and get drunk than people who smoke reefer.

I guess after the government bans hoodies, banning gold teeth will follow.

Now there are friends of GZ coming forward telling the press what happened - and they weren't even there. They are just parroting what GZ told them. Reliable "witnesses"? I would like to hear what GZ has to say..................oh, wait!! He's in hiding and no one knows where he is - including his lawyer who has never met him.

I speculated that GZ is guilty based on all the press and how info is leaking out bit-by-bit from the police, or lack of info. Yet the police have failed to make a statement or provide, at the minimum, photos of GZ's head wound and face, which apparently was being "pounded" by TM. One would think a few swollen eyes, a broken nose, bruises would warrant photos to support GZ's defense using SYG law. As far as I'm concerned without proof, the wounds are just claims.

I don't understand how someone can claim self-defense when they are the aggressor. It's like me trying to rob someone, they defend themself, overpower me, then I have to shot them to defend myself. Would that fly in Florida?

What I haven't moved away from is the fact that there should be a trial. Let the facts unfold in a court room and let GZ be judged by a jury. But at the end of the day, declared guilty or not guilty by a jury, GZ's life is over, he will become a man with no island (Casey Anthony??) and a boy is dead.

HA - The point is genius, that the ''Hollywood'' years younger 'nice lookin' innocent child'....was not that 'kid' the night of the ordeal.

Big jolt in a court of law, and eye-opener for deceived public, as I'm sure you know.

Last edited by quality guy; 03-27-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies