Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Well at least you said SOMETHING that makes sense.
Thank you. Now it's your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Thank you. Now it's your turn.
Ok - but I am not sure you will like it - given your extreme bias. Why don't we all wait and base our opinions on objective data instead of this ridiculous idea that this a racial issuee? The Sanford Police Department declined to arrest and charge Zimmerman because the facts of the case showed that he did act in self defense - they still do show that. Maybe Zimmerman was wrong - we will find that out once a trial takes place.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
If anyone riots...this may be their next tune? >> Rock, rock

Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock 1957 colour - YouTube

Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Oh my God! A gold tooth--what a scary negro! And what's up with that dart board in the back of the photo...Looks suspicious to me.
Now that settles everything. He looks like a dangerous fiend on the prowl for a late night Skittles run. Zimmerman must have been very brave to go up against that roughneck...
The comments made on Twitter paint a different portrait of Mr. Martin than that of a sweet, gentle child with a great respect for women.
Apparently he was your average 6'2" teen with 'Hoes' on his mind, drug use "all we do is smoke & f***", and violence (you can read the crude text yourself).

Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
obomba may as well invade zimmermans home and shoot him in the face.

Lefties like that.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ok - but I am not sure you will like it - given your extreme bias. Why don't we all wait and base our opinions on objective data instead of this ridiculous idea that this a racial issuee? The Sanford Police Department declined to arrest and charge Zimmerman because the facts of the case showed that he did act in self defense - they still do show that. Maybe Zimmerman was wrong - we will find that out once a trial takes place.
Where am I bias? I think pointing out someone's "teeth" and using that as a basis to determine one's character is off the chart.

I found this interesting, maybe you will too:

Here are some of the relevant sections of the Stand Your Ground Law:
Quote:

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—...... a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if: (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or.... .
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
776.041 Use of force by aggressor. —The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who: ....
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless: (a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.Yesterday, former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush said he didn't believe the Stand Your Ground law applied in the Trayvon Martin case: “This law does not apply to this particular circumstance… Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.â€
Read more: This Is The Florida Law That Let George Zimmerman Shoot Trayvon Martin Without Getting Charged For Murder - Business Insider

So who was the aggressor? the pursuer? If you go by the law, GZ. GZ admitted to pursuing TM - making GZ the aggressor. Had GZ adhered to the advice of the police and backed off and let the police handle the situation - different outcome, but he continued to be aggressive to the point that he closed in on TM.

Read the entire article where the SYG law actually would favor TM.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The comments made on Twitter paint a different portrait of Mr. Martin than that of a sweet, gentle child with a great respect for women.
Apparently he was your average 6'2" teen with 'Hoes' on his mind, drug use "all we do is smoke & f***", and violence (you can read the crude text yourself).
That appears to be true, at least to a great extent, what with these new revelations of the 17 year old...not the 14 year old.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You just made a wise post. I verbatim...did, and since Sunday, have done as you have. Calmed down...and seen more come out. And here IS more, just released >>

Trayvon Martin Twitter Account Released (And Gold Tooth Pic Verified)
Lets round up ALL of those in hoodies and ALL of those with a gold tooth. Shoot the ****ers on sight.

Ugh. Just ****ing ugh.

WHO CARES if he listened to rap, spoke ebonics, etc? That is not a threat to ANYONE. It's DISGUSTING that people are still trying to justify what GZ did!!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
I could care less if you have a problem with what I said. It does not matter who owns the businesses in these areas, they are inhabitated by blacks. Also just because someone resides in this country I may or may not consider them "fellow" Americans. There are plenty of people taking up space in the U.S. who act like people who belong in a foreign land. Some even use the name of a foreign land to describe their race.

Have you seen my feet?
Wow,no wonder black americans,muslims,and others think like they do. You don't care about your fellow Americans of another color. If they were born here,what does that make them?

Black is not a race,its a color. How are they supposed to describe themselves if they don't know the country of origin?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wow,no wonder black americans,muslims,and others think like they do. You don't care about your fellow Americans of another color. If they were born here,what does that make them?

Black is not a race,its a color. How are they supposed to describe themselves if they don't know the country of origin?

Don't some of the comments on here incense you? I wish I never would have opened this GD thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies