Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose ObamaCare?
I support ObamaCare. 74 40.88%
I oppose ObamaCare. 107 59.12%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is it? Or, the utopian model y'all believe in, also magically creates $1 trillion/year that the government spends on health care.
What's the model I believe in, EG? It's very interesting that you can read my mind - why don't you enlighten the rest of our readers and describe for them exactly "the utopian model" that I believe in.

What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkr View Post
Yeah look at small towns when a wal mart moves in and gives people cheap overseas made crap the small town stores go under and wal mart takes over. Its common sense that people will go with the cheaper company. You buy the cheaper car insurance don't you compared to the same car insurance from someone that is pricing it higher. I know I do. I buy tires from a certain place because they are cheaper than going to wal mart. I get my oil changed at a certain place because its cheaper than the other places in town. Competition is good for the economy.
This argument of yours goes against your previous one. There's a reason every state has 1-2 very large insurance providers and several "competitors" who cling on for dear life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What's the model I believe in, EG? It's very interesting that you can read my mind - why don't you enlighten the rest of our readers and describe for them exactly "the utopian model" that I believe in.

What a joke.
I had a name for it... Utopian Model. You missed that too? Go ahead and prove me wrong. Here's another chance.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I just wish we would have major medical and let everyone pay their own Dr. bills and medication.
"Obamacare" makes that illegal. All insurance policies MUST cover preventative care and office visits.

STUPIDEST. LAW. EVER.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM

152 posts, read 150,713 times
Quote:
This argument of yours goes against your previous one. There's a reason every state has 1-2 very large insurance providers and several "competitors" who cling on for dear life.

I had a name for it... Utopian Model. You missed that too? Go ahead and prove me wrong. Here's another chance.
How so? If we end ALL government intrusion in our businesses then competition would drive the high priced fools from business. Its a good practice.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I had a name for it... Utopian Model. You missed that too?
I cited it. Do you have problems with reading comprehension, EG?

Quote:
Go ahead and prove me wrong. Here's another chance.
You claimed to know how I define the "utopian model." By all means, and for the second time - give us that definition. "Here's another chance."

Like I said, what a joke.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,447 times
Quote:
No. I support getting government out of healthcare all together and allowing the market to do its job. If it was all privatized the companies offering cheaper health insurance would run the higher priced ones out of business with the competition government only helps the big companies stay in business by sticking its nose in this.
Exactly. It was working so well with that mindset. That's why insurance premiums have risen by over 120% in the last decade. I'm pretty sure my income has not risen by 120%.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
How so? If we end ALL government intrusion in our businesses then competition would drive the high priced fools from business. Its a good practice.
Good theory, yes. In practice? Utopian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I cited it. Do you have problems with reading comprehension, EG?
Don't complain. You asked for it: "What's the model I believe in, EG?"
Quote:
You claimed to know how I define the "utopian model." By all means, and for the second time - give us that definition. "Here's another chance."
Like I said, what a joke.
It is a joke. What else could there be, coming from y'all? Like I said, you've yet another chance to prove me wrong.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
Is it? Or, the utopian model y'all believe in, also magically creates $1 trillion/year that the government spends on health care.

But, you hit the one problem I have with Obama Care. I propose replacing it with a tax, like Medicare.

What is insanity? Sticking the collective head in the sand and instead of noticing doubling of insurance costs in 8-9 years (much less doing something about it), many here are willing to go back to the mode, exposing the rear end and demanding from the insurance companies... keep it going, I was liking it before, and we apologize for the interruption and inconvenience Obamacare brought to you nice people.
Typical liberal. And by liberal, I mean both Democrats and the RINOs running the Republican party these days.

It's medical costs. It's college tuition. It's housing costs. It happens over and over again. Liberals meddle in some sector of the economy with government entitlements, grants, and loans, then prices skyrocket when they destroy the market with inefficiency and crony capitalism and the removal of competition and individual responsibility, and then when it gets out of control they blame capitalism and want government to fix it with regulations and need even more bueaucracy and taxes to enforce those regulations. When everything would have been fine all along if they'd just left it alone in the first place.

See, the government wouldn't need to come up with a solution for the trillion dollar cost of healthcare if government hadn't started subsidizing healthcare to begin with. If it weren't for LBJ and his Great Society, costs wouldn't have been spiralling out of control for the past 40 years and we wouldn't be at this crisis point.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times
Quote:
No. I support getting government out of healthcare all together and allowing the market to do its job. If it was all privatized the companies offering cheaper health insurance would run the higher priced ones out of business with the competition government only helps the big companies stay in business by sticking its nose in this.
This. I want government out of ALL healthcare. Obamacare, Medicare and Medicaid.

And my stance is not the fake stance of the Republicans where the individual mandate was originally a Republican idea and suddenly every RINO is against Obamacare just because Obama passed it. If this was Bushcare, every RINO here would be defending it. Hypocrites.

To know how bureaucratic Obamacare is, see here:

Brownie points to whoever can find Doctors and Patients in there in under 5 seconds. There should ideally be only 2 entities in a healthcare chart - doctors and patients. At the most 3 - doctors, patients and the insurance company.

WTF is the gubmint doing in my medicine cabinet? GET OUT!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you don't like Obamacare you're racist and hate black people.

pretty much...
or just plain dumb and don't care
about the welfare of your fellow
citizens or both lol.

smh..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies