Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose ObamaCare?
I support ObamaCare. 74 40.88%
I oppose ObamaCare. 107 59.12%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Since the Supreme Court is currently hearing the ObamaCare case, I wanted to see how everyone on the forum feels about the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Considering the black and white options you provided, I went with the more logical one: Yes. As there is more to like about it, than dislike.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
I support healthcare reform. I do not support Obamacare.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
there is more to like about it, than dislike.
That's completely nuts. The individual mandate, which is the foundation of the entire monstrosity, is a flagrant overstepping of the government's Constitutional authority. It's the most abusive law passed in decades.

Considering that you can't have the rest of it without the mandate, there's NOTHING to like about this law. It's not what the right wanted. It's not what the left wanted - NOBODY wanted this piece of crap. They had to use every parlor trick and bribe in the book to get it passed, and it passed with votes from only one party!

Anybody who actually thinks that this is a good law is outright insane.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM

152 posts, read 150,752 times
No. I support getting government out of healthcare all together and allowing the market to do its job. If it was all privatized the companies offering cheaper health insurance would run the higher priced ones out of business with the competition government only helps the big companies stay in business by sticking its nose in this.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's completely nuts. The individual mandate, which is the foundation of the entire monstrosity, is a flagrant overstepping of the government's Constitutional authority. It's the most abusive law passed in decades.
Is it? Or, the utopian model y'all believe in, also magically creates $1 trillion/year that the government spends on health care.

But, you hit the one problem I have with Obama Care. I propose replacing it with a tax, like Medicare.

What is insanity? Sticking the collective head in the sand and instead of noticing doubling of insurance costs in 8-9 years (much less doing something about it), many here are willing to go back to the mode, exposing the rear end and demanding from the insurance companies... keep it going, I was liking it before, and we apologize for the interruption and inconvenience Obamacare brought to you nice people.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Is it? Or, the utopian model y'all believe in, also magically creates $1 trillion/year that the government spends on health care.
Who said we believe in the current model in its entirety?

Quote:
But, you hit the one problem I have with Obama Care. I propose replacing it with a tax, like Medicare.
Do you realize how much Medicare taxes would have to go up to cover everyone?

Quote:
What is insanity? Sticking the collective head in the sand and instead of noticing doubling of insurance costs in 8-9 years (much less doing something about it), many here are willing to go back to the mode, exposing the rear end and demanding from the insurance companies... keep it going, I was liking it before, and we apologize for the interruption and inconvenience Obamacare brought to you nice people.
ObamaCare increased insurance costs even more.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Who said we believe in the current model in its entirety?
What were "you" doing about it?

Quote:
Do you realize how much Medicare taxes would have to go up to cover everyone?
Shouldn't it be at least just enough to cover ALL government spending?

Quote:
ObamaCare increased insurance costs even more.
Give me numbers, so I can prove your lies.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I support healthcare reform. I do not support Obamacare.
This.

Though I would add that my support for healthcare reform is mainly on the state level.

Utah did healthcare reform a few years ago.

Massachusetts did as well. Even though it included an individual mandate, if that's what the people of MA want (and polls show that most MA residents support the MA healthcare reform), that's fine with me. Since I don't live in MA, I don't see it as any of my business.

The California Legislature passed a single payer system in 2006 and 2008, though it was struck down by then Governor Schwarzenegger both times. If that's what California wants, that's fine with me, though I certainly don't want that in my state.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,774 times
Oh hell no...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies