Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM

919 posts, read 1,691,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
No, he was shot in the chest. No info about trajectory has been released, at least not that I've seen.
Sorry! I haven't been following the case, this was the first thing I had heard and read...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/trayvon-martin-case-timeline-of-events/ (broken link)

"According to the Sanford police report, George Zimmerman, 28, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, is found armed with a handgun, standing over Martin. He has a bloody nose and a wound in the back of his head."

I had misread, and thought the HE was trayvon.

Last edited by Jazzii; 03-30-2012 at 07:53 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
Sorry! I haven't been following the case, this was the first thing I had heard...
No problem. There are lots of issues to discuss - you should buzz through the thread and see what you think.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:52 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,548,374 times
I know most here are embroiled in the details of this case, but I have been searching for an appropriate venue to say this: I don't care about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. There, I said it. I'm sick to death of hearing about it every time I turn on the TV or the computer. Its a local case in a Florida town 3,000 miles away from me. There are murders (black on black and those involving a myriad of racial and ethnic combinations) that don't register beyond the Bay Area almost every day. I think much of the national hoopla is feeding into a hotbed of racial resentment on both sides more than any true concern for the parties involved. The media and certain public figures (Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, even nominally President Obama) are causing much of this inflammatory hyperbole and some of them are doing it for their own promotion. This is nothing more than the latest Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman or Rodney King case design to demonize one side or the other for ratings or personal agendas with little regard to race relations at large. I hope it all gets resolved without any loss of life or destruction of property, because if those scenarios happen it won't be over "justice" for one party or the other.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
I am going from the interview that Zimmerman's dad gave to a reporter yersterday. Unless Trayvon comes back from the dead and says otherwise then that is what happened.
Are you serious? Zimm's dad was hundreds of miles away in Virginia at the time, I believe; in any event he was certainly not an eyewitness and you're saying his word is the Gospel truth?

Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Breitbart? He's the man who edited the Shirley Sherrod tape and completely changed the meaning of what she said. Anyway, didn't he die a month ago? Stories on his web site look more sensationalized than one of those supermarket tabloids.
Yes, Mr Breitbart died. His website continues and that is what I was referring to.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
You demonstrate time and time again no common sense or uncommon sense. Some people watch too much tv.
And some people link to real information that backs them up.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
I know most here are embroiled in the details of this case, but I have been searching for an appropriate venue to say this: I don't care about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. There, I said it. I'm sick to death of hearing about it every time I turn on the TV or the computer. Its a local case in a Florida town 3,000 miles away from me. There are murders (black on black and those involving a myriad of racial and ethnic combinations) that don't register beyond the Bay Area almost every day. I think much of the national hoopla is feeding into a hotbed of racial resentment on both sides more than any true concern for the parties involved. The media and certain public figures (Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, even nominally President Obama) are causing much of this inflammatory hyperbole and some of them are doing it for their own promotion. This is nothing more than the latest Nicole Simpson/Ron Goldman or Rodney King case design to demonize one side or the other for ratings or personal agendas with little regard to race relations at large. I hope it all gets resolved without any loss of life or destruction of property, because if those scenarios happen it won't be over "justice" for one party or the other.
This case brings many issues to the table that every American should be pondering. If you cannot see below the surface, that's your shortcoming. Since you made sure to mention Obama on this issue, I think it is safe to assume you have chosen a side and are not being objective or non partisan about the issue. Obama has not done or said anything that could be translated into being called "inflammatory hyperbole" so those media outlets you refer to are more than likely right leaning.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
Sorry! I haven't been following the case, this was the first thing I had heard and read...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/trayvon-martin-case-timeline-of-events/ (broken link)

"According to the Sanford police report, George Zimmerman, 28, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, is found armed with a handgun, standing over Martin. He has a bloody nose and a wound in the back of his head."

I had misread, and thought the HE was trayvon.
This nonsense is what got me into this case. The police report has been posted here in this forum. It doesn't say that Zimmerman was a "self-appointed neighborhood watch captain" and it doesn't say that Zimmerman was standing over the body. They just strung that information together to make it seem like it is all in the police report, it isn't. In fact, the police report actually supports Zimmerman's story. He said he was on his back and Martin was on top of him, the report says Zimmerman's back was wet and full of grass. Zimmerman said his nose and head were injured; the police report notes injuries to Zimmerman's head and nose. Whether Zimmerman should have gotten out of his car in the first place is a different story, but the police report clearly supports his version of events, which is probably why the DA didn't file charges.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This nonsense is what got me into this case. The police report has been posted here in this forum. It doesn't say that Zimmerman was a "self-appointed neighborhood watch captain" and it doesn't say that Zimmerman was standing over the body. They just strung that information together to make it seem like it is all in the police report, it isn't. In fact, the police report actually supports Zimmerman's story. He said he was on his back and Martin was on top of him, the report says Zimmerman's back was wet and full of grass. Zimmerman said his nose and head were injured; the police report notes injuries to Zimmerman's head and nose. Whether Zimmerman should have gotten out of his car in the first place is a different story, but the police report clearly supports his version of events, which is probably why the DA didn't file charges.
I still say everyone's gonna get it right in the rump from the DA to the Police chief on down...these stories are gonna diverge worse that those 'choose your own adventure books'

Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 PM

378 posts, read 705,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You do clearly realize that the poilce report supports his version of the events BECAUSE his version is basically the only version they have. That doesn't mean that's what happens, that just means it is one sided, and a statement was taken by HIM. Do you think that if Zimmerman had shot him in cold blood he would have actually SAID that? Really?

There are conflicting reports from all sources which don't prove one side or the other. Therefore, that is the need for a thorough investigation, not a one sided police report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies