Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 09:47 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Below are a few statistics. These are FACTS, not opinions. Source: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Statistically, Zimmerman had good sense to suspect the suspicious-looking Martin. This isn't racial profiling, it's good common sense.
Facts are racist.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
Not sure which story you're referring to. The story this thread is focused on is the life-threatening attack of Zimmerman by Martin, and Zimmerman shooting Martin in self-defense. And for some reason, some people seem to think that defending your own life against a deadly attacker is a crime.
So a aggresor who followed a unarmed citizen and caused a confrontation and has some head wounds is automatically innocent while a unarmed youth who has a gaping hole in his chest and is dead is automatically guity?..... what universe are you from?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why would someone be considered to be the aggressor when they are being followed by an unknown person in a place that they are not that familiar with?
How do you know he was not familiar with the area? According to reports he managed to walk to 7 eleven, a mile from the community, that is 2 miles r/t in the rain at night.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times
What if - at this point in time - it is on purpose that Zimmerman is allowed to be free?

It is much more profitable for Obama, and the "movement", that Zimmerman NOT be arrested at this time.

If Zimmerman is arrested, then the crisis is over and the marches end.

It really does not take much to accomplish this - just a messenger to the Sanford PD with a quick "request" to let Zimmerman hang out for awhile.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,049,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn
One witness did see part of the altercation and corraborated Zimmerman's statements regarding it. See the news story that I linked to previously in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
...And there are two that don't
Not according to any news report that I've seen. Where is your link?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
okay but shooting someone cuz ur getting ur ass kicked is total *****. if ur gonna confront someone at night and then in turn get attacked for it, u better man up and take ur beating like a champ. not a coward...
Asking someone "what are you doing here" is not a confrontation that warrants a fist as a response.

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes if some glorified mall cop was harrassing me, I'd tell him to f off. But if TM attacked GZ as GZ claims, then TM is in the wrong. You can not attack someone for being a jackass.
But what if zimmerman was drunk/high and was harassing Trayvon? That part we will never know since the police dept never bothered to give him (zimmerman) a drug/alcohol test before letting him go.

Common sense (to me) would make me wonder what other reason would he have to attack zimmerman. My question is this also, if Trayvon was pounding his head into the ground and broke zimmerman's nose on top of him, how is it possible for zimmerman to shoot him in the chest and not get any blood on him? Look at the video, not a trace of blood from a broken nose or from the shooting. The two witnesses that were actually there reported zimmerman standing over Trayvon straddling him with Trayvon's face down. Tell me again how is this self defense?

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
He is under arrest by public opinion..In time everyone will forget about it and he will be free of scrutiny..IF he was formally detained...and tried...found to be guilty...What do you do with the guy? Jail him for life? Execute the guy?-------------------------another moral problem will arise...do we execute or jail people for being stupid? The public wants blood...revenge and all those other things....How is the nation of AMERICA deal with the idea that most are dull witted and waste lives as routine...Look at the war efforts..dead soldiers...maimed...mentally ill and battle burned....Life must become sacred again...This killing showed clearly that material property is more important than people.

Ironically when AMERICA broke away from Britian...It was because British property law...favored the rich..and the Brits would give a man more time in jail for touching his property than killing another poor person....This the case here..ZIMMERMAN took action not because he himself was in danger...but because he believed that the kid my steal his STUFF.....

Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
okay but shooting someone cuz ur getting ur ass kicked is total *****. if ur gonna confront someone at night and then in turn get attacked for it, u better man up and take ur beating like a champ. not a coward...
Or, you can act like a civilized human being, call the cops and report the harrassment, instead of becoming violent and assaulting someone. If you're being assaulted and have a legitmate fear of being killed or severely injured, you have a right to defend yourself. To say that you should take a beating and not defend yourself is asinine. You don't want to take the risk of being shot? DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,331,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes if some glorified mall cop was harrassing me, I'd tell him to f off. But if TM attacked GZ as GZ claims, then TM is in the wrong. You can not attack someone for being a jackass.
Something that someone has yet to explain to me: why would someone first run away to evade their stalker only to turn around and decide to assault that person, unless they were fearing for their own safety?

A teenager who's minding his own business is being followed by an adult stranger, at night, in the rain, and in a neighborhood that is not his home. You can't tell me that wouldn't have put Martin in a worried state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies