Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to the policy of good and proper civilized conduct? Bullying is plain old fashioned barbarism...whether it is a kid in the school yard or an investment banker pushing people around and using different types of force to gain control...IF you want control over the world around you, learn to control yourself!

Bullies really don't understand the dynamics of real power..their attempts are crude and ineffective...be it a Hitler or a punk kid...the world will always get rid of these types one way or another...Because good people will always out number the bad ones...three too one....all bullies are eventually over whelmed..so why bother with what is a loosing game in the end...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What are you, 12 years old?

Played out response. Try again

Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
So, you don't think the children who have KILLED themselves because of bullying were victims? Wow, just wow... that is absolutely disgusting, and I think you guys have sunk to a new low here.
If you kill yourself because somebody calls you a name on facebook you've got a lot more problems in your life than facebook. New low. You created the facebook victims and now they kill themselves because of it. YOU are the problem.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Isn't Arizona currently trying to pass an anti-trolling (online bullying) law? And isn't Arizona a RED state?

Stop with the partisan nonsense already, as it really has nothing to do with this... I also wish certain people wouldn't keep trying to make this a gay issue, because it's not about that either. I don't know if a "policy" is the answer, but the bullying problem DOES need to be addressed - and I honestly don't know why anyone would oppose trying to improve this situation. Yes, bullying has always existed, but it truly has been exacerbated by the Internet & cell phones. One doesn't even need to have or use these devices to be harassed, as has already been mentioned but ignored.
Take your gay nonsense to the curb. You cannot even see the big picture can you. If kids are being bullied on the internet then the only recourse is of course for the government to control the internet which they have been trying to do for years now. [MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-05-2012 at 02:32 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Bullies hunt in packs, yes, we need anti-bullying policies.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Bullies hunt in packs, yes, we need anti-bullying policies.
Definitely. My high school days were made a living Hell because of bullies. To this day I have a serious distrust for people until they prove they can be trusted. Also, because of bullies in school...I really don't care for people that much actually. Bullies affect the way you view other people the rest of your life.

Also, bullies never grow out of being bullies. You see them in dominant positions in nearly every occupation. Cops, Judges, McDonalds Managers. They still roam in packs too.

The only difference in how the schools are handling bullying today is that the victims aren't allowed to fight back.

In my day you weren't forced (with fear of expulsion) to turn the other cheek and play wimp. You turned and faced the bully and kicked the **** out of them and they never bothered you again. Heck, sometimes they even turned into your best friend for all time lol. One tough mexican girl at my school actually turned into my protective gaurdian angel after I faced her and fought back. Anytime ANYONE dared pick on me she would mysteriously appear out of thin air to defend me. I still remember you, Lupe lol

Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
Isn't Arizona currently trying to pass an anti-trolling (online bullying) law? And isn't Arizona a RED state?
Hopefully the governor will veto that.

Quote:
Stop with the partisan nonsense already, as it really has nothing to do with this... I also wish certain people wouldn't keep trying to make this a gay issue, because it's not about that either.
It's partisan in that you're probably going to get more liberals to support anti-bullying laws than conservatives.

Quote:
I don't know if a "policy" is the answer, but the bullying problem DOES need to be addressed - and I honestly don't know why anyone would oppose trying to improve this situation.
Why does it need to be addressed? How about people just stop being pansies? If the bullying is serious enough then it will break laws we already have. If it doesn't rise to that level, then forget it. We don't need government nanny state laws about teasing. I mean it's unbelievable that kids are committing suicide over facebook comments. The solution to that is not to outlaw the comments, the solution is to figure out why American kids are such pantywaists that they can't bear the thought of going on with life after someone calls them a name on the internet. Life can't always be a bed of roses.

Quote:
Yes, bullying has always existed, but it truly has been exacerbated by the Internet & cell phones. One doesn't even need to have or use these devices to be harassed, as has already been mentioned but ignored.
If individual schools and private companies want to have anti-bullying policies then more power to them. But it is absurd that the criminal justice system should be involved for calling someone a name. And if it gets more serious than that, then as I said we already have laws to deal with that.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Hopefully the governor will veto that.

It's partisan in that you're probably going to get more liberals to support anti-bullying laws than conservatives.

Why does it need to be addressed? How about people just stop being pansies? If the bullying is serious enough then it will break laws we already have. If it doesn't rise to that level, then forget it. We don't need government nanny state laws about teasing. I mean it's unbelievable that kids are committing suicide over facebook comments. The solution to that is not to outlaw the comments, the solution is to figure out why American kids are such pantywaists that they can't bear the thought of going on with life after someone calls them a name on the internet. Life can't always be a bed of roses.

If individual schools and private companies want to have anti-bullying policies then more power to them. But it is absurd that the criminal justice system should be involved for calling someone a name. And if it gets more serious than that, then as I said we already have laws to deal with that.
Quit acting like you aren't aware that schools don't allow the victims to fight back anymore. The victims are only acting like "Pantywaists", as you call them because they aren't ALLOWED to fight back.

Maybe you should be arguing against zero tolerance policies instead. Perhaps, just maybe ?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM

348 posts, read 266,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
And what exactly is the anti-bullying policy in schools?

Like what is something that one could get away with years ago that they cant now?

Does name calling count? or does only physical bullying count?

Whats the punishment for bullying noww?
No, I think they should bully the teachers for teaching the kids to be wusses like them. Ever notice how teachers always stick their noses into everyone elses business? Butt out, I don't need your opinions.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

My son started high school this year and from what he says its the same thing. You got the jocks, the pot heads, the skate board folks now too, the nerds. The same that it was years ago. You can't legislate kids. They hang with who they do mostly due to their interests. The jocks get the chicks and do the bullying, the nerds will get rich later and employ the jocks, the pot heads will work at mcdonalds and be happy.

Now the girls are the vicious ones IMO. They can be very mean. Guys just get it over with. Girls will hold a grudge for a loooong time. My father told me women were evil. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies