Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 09:47 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First steps to me is the entire process you describe - I loved my wifes gleeful description of the evolution of our childs walking everyday when I came home

I'm sorry she did not see the process with our second child though -
Why? Was she overseas for months on end? If not, then she did see the process since the process occurs over weeks, not hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 09:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
That presupposes that the SAHM is good at stimulating her kid. A lot of time together doesn't mean it is well spent time. I have seen plenty of SAHM's who spend all day on the computer and then pat themselves on the back because they stay at home with their kids.
And, you are presupposing that the SAHM ISN"T good at "stimulating" their child -

I could give you examples of many SAHM's who are fantastic - just as you try to give examples of one who may not be -

Old 01-06-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Why? Was she overseas for months on end? If not, then she did see the process since the process occurs over weeks, not hours.
No, she died giving birth

Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Are you stalking my every post?

I was wondering if you were stalking every person in this thread. Oy.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 AM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Are you saying you never had another relationship with a man ? I had rather fight it out with one man than several in different relationships .

Of course some men do some things we just can't live with . Beating a woman or running around is a couple ,both are dangerous .

Most of the time we exspect too much out of each other .

I really dont understand the question, but duke it out as long as you like, I didnt see the need however staying in a dysfunctional environment...I felt I could do better alone, like most intelligent people might think.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 AM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She's a relative so maybe I'm biased but she was attractive, a great housekeeper and mother. No -- she didn't get fat, more than she was when they married -- but he lost hair and got a bit heavier himself.

I think she just got "boring" to him, he ended up having an affair with a married co-worker.

The bad part was that when he decided he wanted to move on -- he meant for her to move on with nothing -- no job skills, no house, the older vehicle -- he even tried to keep the kids claiming since she didn't have a job she couldn't support them. A lawyer fixed that and she got the house and kids and he had to sell some of his toys to pay off some of the house for her, since she would only get less than 2 years child support. She could only find part time work at minimum wage at first since she didn't have a resume of any kind.

Plus -- she was devastated for having her world turn upside down -- not the most self-confident when it became important to join the working world. I just felt in a case like that alimony would be better since she gave up having a career by mutual decision.

glad to hear everything turned out ok, in any case tho, rehabilitation alimony is also a possibility, it may last for about a year, and sometimes the other spouse is required to also continue medical care as well, glad things worked out, sorry he lost his toys but if ya play ya pay....

Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba
That presupposes that the SAHM is good at stimulating her kid. A lot of time together doesn't mean it is well spent time. I have seen plenty of SAHM's who spend all day on the computer and then pat themselves on the back because they stay at home with their kids.
And, you are presupposing that the SAHM ISN"T good at "stimulating" their child -
I'm not sure how you "get" that impression. That's not how I read what I wrote. The point is, there is no universal "best" way. Each child has a different temperament and ability, and each parent has a different temperament. And then, you have to factor in other circumstances.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
No, she died giving birth
Sorry to hear that. I presupposed this was in context to the subject matter of the thread.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I was wondering if you were stalking every person in this thread. Oy.
No. I read every single post in this thread, and replied to them in sequence as I was reading the thread. Isn't that normal when you pick up a thread that has been underway for some time without you?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I presupposed this was in context to the subject matter of the thread.
That's ok

The car she was driving was hit by a drunk driver - our son (our first born) was killed instantly. My wife, pregnant with our second child, had to be put on life support - I was given a choice - to abort the child and save my wife or, save the child and let my wife die.

My wife would have been very proud of her son today - VERY proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies