Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It's one of the core Rights of our Nation and is in place to protect people, no matter what their skin color, sexual preference, economic status, or political leanings.

I, and I suspect no one else here, really knows what happened. We need to wait for the police and Prosecuting attorney to put together a case based on the available evidence, and then we need to wait for another Right to be invoked - trial by Jury of his peers.

Until that all happens, everyone needs to shut up, sit back and let the scales of justice work as they're supposed too.
Thank You
Glad to see there are still a few rational minds left here.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Ok, can we please stop this myth. 43% of white people voted for obama. That is less than 50%. Obama still needed every black, latino, woman, child and aliens to win the 08 election
The President was voted into office by both black and white, as the comment indicated. And, by the way ... isn't Mr. Zimmerman classified as a Hispanic. I've seen photos of him and he appears (to me) to be someone most people would describe as a "person of color." Maybe whites would not vote again for President Obama because of the Zimmerman case - because they don't think he's doing enough for persons of color. Yea, that's it. That's what people who such idiotic sounding comments really mean. Now I get it!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Innocent or not, Zimmerman not just a scapegoat, but has become a catalyst for race rage, which has been a long time coming. The Catalyst in Chief and his idiot bungling DOJ in absentia, are the major instigators for this most recent racially divisive incident. Witness their egregious silence with the NBP ravings to date calling for a bounty, violence, "rivers of red", etc. Outrageous.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
smh..

Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Default Obama Will Lose Election?

^^^I sure hope so!^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It's one of the core Rights of our Nation and is in place to protect people, no matter what their skin color, sexual preference, economic status, or political leanings.

I, and I suspect no one else here, really knows what happened. We need to wait for the police and Prosecuting attorney to put together a case based on the available evidence, and then we need to wait for another Right to be invoked - trial by Jury of his peers.

Until that all happens, everyone needs to shut up, sit back and let the scales of justice work as they're supposed too.
^^^I believe that is the American way, ''with freedom and justice for all''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Innocent or not, Zimmerman not just a scapegoat, but has become a catalyst for race rage, which has been a long time coming. The Catalyst in Chief and his idiot bungling DOJ in absentia, are the major instigators for this most recent racially divisive incident. Witness their egregious silence with the NBP ravings to date calling for a bounty, violence, "rivers of red", etc. Outrageous.
Silence is agreement.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:35 PM

566 posts, read 958,632 times
The people who support Zimmerman and are angry about him being charged are the same people who wouldn't vote for Obama anyway.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,408,600 times
I hate how people are justifying
their racism and hate for the
killing of T. Martin. r.i.p.
It just shows how less class
many people have.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,535 times
No one has the true story on what happened, and that hopefully will come out in court. Just be warned. We "gasped" when OJ was found not guilty......We "gasped" when Casey Anthony was found not guilty......prepare to "gasp" again

Old 04-11-2012, 01:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post

Obama has now taken a political stand for Trayvon.
I'm still searching for Obama's stand for Trayvon Martin, perhaps you can help me to find it.

The President's statement in full.

“Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. When I think about this boy I think about my own kids and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

I’m glad that not only the Justice Department is looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what is taking place.

I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this happened. That means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon. If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we will get to the bottom of exactly what happened.
President Obama statement on Trayvon Martin case – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times
Joe Biden must be rubbing off on Obama. This is one of those times when any thinking politician would have declined to comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies