Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times

Advertisements

I think that, if like some on here are saying, the prosecutor made her decision to "appease the masses", that she would have gone for manslaughter. The fact that she went with 2nd degree murder tells me that they're pretty confident with the evidence that they have and we don't. But I always leave the possibility open of being wrong. We have no new evidence today, everything we have is weeks old.

I have a question for those who are already convinced with the evidence that we do have that Zimmerman is guilty:

If after a trial with ALL of the evidence presented, and being judged by a jury of his piers, Zimmerman is found not guilty, will you accept it as justice?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I think that, if like some on here are saying, the prosecutor made her decision to "appease the masses", that she would have gone for manslaughter. The fact that she went with 2nd degree murder tells me that they're pretty confident with the evidence that they have and we don't. But I always leave the possibility open of being wrong. We have no new evidence today, everything we have is weeks old.

I have a question for those who are already convinced with the evidence that we do have that Zimmerman is guilty:

If after a trial with ALL of the evidence presented, and being judged by a jury of his piers, Zimmerman is found not guilty, will you accept it as justice?
Or they know they have no case so are ensuring Zimmerman will prevail. There's two ways of looking at this...

Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Desperate for a way out, EdwardA. LOL! Get real! Fl deals with SYG all the time, and they know which cases qualify and which do not. As does the sponsor of the bill who already said this case does not qualify.

2nd degree was the best choice, as the life sentence will no doubt cause even a birdbrain like RZ to accept a plea for manslaughter, with significant, but less than a life term.
Sorry, but his name is George Zimmerman, where are you getting "RZ"?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
SimpleMan"If after a trial with ALL of the evidence presented, and being judged by a jury of his piers, Zimmerman is found not guilty, will you accept it as justice?"

Assuming the state has been allowed to put into evidence 100% of what it attempts to, yes.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
Default Waiting for the trial.

Blah, blah, blah... Can we now stop speculating and wait for the trial?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:

I will be disappointed, but it is what it is. This has not been about condemning Zimmerman from the get go. It's been about getting answers and NOT having Trayvon's death swept under the rug.

He was someone's child. His parents have a right to seek justice for his murder.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
Lol! The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with this case.
Agreed.
Quote:
And plenty of probable cause exists to suggest Zimmerman's story is questionable enough to warrant an arrest and filing of charges. It's not like this story is so huge in the media spotlight to support your suggestion of some grand political distraction agenda.
That, you and I don't know. Its elections year and everything is possible. However, the arrest and prosecution are only temporary. Let the court, jury and judge do their job and we'll know later more.
However, the left screamed that Zimmerman remains at large and won't be prosecuted. They were proved wrong. Now I read that they claim the jury (made up by his friends) will automatically acquit him. We'll see that as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
Quote:
Yes. I would feel as though justice has prevailed.

The outrage from the marches, Al Sharpton and the Martin family has more to do with mis management and wrong doing than it does with judging Zimmerman. Most people want justice. Isnt that what you want?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Given the administration running the FBI right now I don't see where they have any credibility. We have race baiting, gun smuggling AG Holder, Obama who thinks this gangsta wannabe with a backpack of stolen jewelry looks like a kid of his...yeah, lots of impartiality and credibility here....

The FBI has nothing to do with the criminal case being brought against
Zimmerman; their interest lies in the possibility of the commission of a hate crime. The Republican governor has created an inquiry into the lack of investigation by the Sanford P.D., and Angela Corey is an elected Republican State's Attorney for the Fourth District, which is diverse. Do you have a link from a credible source that substantiates your assertion that Trayvon Martin had "a backpack of stolen jewelry?" In any case, one can have faith that the GOP in Florida understands the need for a careful and impartial trial for Zimmerman on the criminal charges that Corey laid against him today. Unless, of course, one chooses to suggest that said parties are corrupt.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
I will accept the verdict unless you know of some other alternative? Will I accept it as being justice... I wait until the trial plays itself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies