Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 PM

21 posts, read 14,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, you and others here have it all covered and refuse to support and critisize anything that might support Zimmerman. But Trayvon is an angel.
Can we just post one more photo of Trayvon graduating from elementary school...

Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM

32 posts, read 24,054 times
I like to watch Judge Judy. There are cases where one friend accuses the other of keying her car. Judge Judy will get down to do you have any eye witnesses? If no, case thrown out. But if so, she doesn't go into so you saw it with your own eyes? Do you wear glasses? contacts, when was the last time you took them out, Were you drinking that night, when was the last time your eyes were checked etc etc. She will take the testimony of the eye witness. To insinuate that it doesn't matter is plain insanity.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I stand by what I said.
I doubt anyone is surprised by that, you're still quite wrong.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So the police were actually telling TM that he didn`t have to stalk GZ? I must have been listening to the wrong audio.
Yes, and I guess I was also.

Notice the dispatcher sounds surprised in the call. He clearly alters his tone. "Are you following him?" I know some might think I'm being too analytical here, but from day one I noticed it. It's obvious he never realized Zimmerman was on foot following him until that point, since he first spotted Martin while driving. So many want to take "we don't need you to do that" and twist its meaning as if it is only a suggestion, but "go ahead if you want to follow him." I suppose if a spouse said "I really need a divorce" or "I really need you to go" that would mean "I am so happy in this marriage" or "Maybe we should stick it out for a few more years."

Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
I've been reading for about an hr. now, this sickofnyc is the rude one. I'm glad to see that someone gave it back to him or her.
An hour's worth of reading tells you all that you need to know about long time members here?

And you have been a member here for what? All of an hour?

Or is that just this time around?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, and I guess I was also.

Notice the dispatcher sounds surprised in the call. He clearly alters his tone. "Are you following him?" I know some might think I'm being too analytical here, but from day one I noticed it. It's obvious he never realized Zimmerman was on foot following him until that point, since he first spotted Martin while driving. So many want to take "we don't need you to do that" and twist its meaning as if it is only a suggestion, but "go ahead if you want to follow him." I suppose if a spouse said "I really need a divorce" or "I really need you to go" that would mean "I am so happy in this marriage" or "Maybe we should stick it out for a few more years."
I did notice the condescendion from the dispatcher as well. I think the dispatcher realized quickly based on GZ's manner of speech, they were talking to someone with no doubt a below average IQ, who was clueless as to what a true NW should do. Based on hearing GZ's brother and friends interviewed, it seems if one puts them all together, they get the average IQ of one person.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM

32 posts, read 24,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
I understand completely. That is what happens when people assume! You assumed that GZ didn't approach TM with respect and dignity.........well I assume that TM was the ONE without the respect and dignity .
I guess while everyone else is assuming I would say TM had no respect. Didn't he get in trouble at school with graffati (no respectful of school property) Was found with marj. pipe and bag (no respect for Fl. law)
suspended for trauncy (no respect for school policies) it can go on and on.

Why would anyone think differently that he would respect anybody, including that evening. I think I am beginning to see why we have all the 5 yr. old little boy photo's.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
I guess while everyone else is assuming I would say TM had no respect. Didn't he get in trouble at school with graffati (no respectful of school property) Was found with marj. pipe and bag (no respect for Fl. law)
suspended for trauncy (no respect for school policies) it can go on and on.

Why would anyone think differently that he would respect anybody, including that evening. I think I am beginning to see why we have all the 5 yr. old little boy photo's.
Following that logic, you'd want at least 20% of America's high school kids EXECUTED. Just as GZ executed this one. That desire by the way, would be more consistent with a totalitarian regime, than what is supposed to be a free country.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 PM

21 posts, read 14,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I did notice the condescendion from the dispatcher as well. I think the dispatcher realized quickly based on GZ's manner of speech, they were talking to someone with no doubt a below average IQ, who was clueless as to what a true NW should do. Based on hearing GZ's brother and friends interviewed, it seems if one puts them all together, they get the average IQ of one person.
I would say that GZ's IQ is a bit higher than the entire Martin immeiate family.....and I'll throw the Martin attorney in for good measure. I think the dispatcher and GZ had a pretty nice conversation....two folks trying to prevent a crime from being committed in a neighborhood that had been ravaged with break-ins recently. Based on this conversation, it is clear that GZ was not racially profiling as he says "I think he is black" in response to a direct question from the dispatcher. If TM had not circled back and confronted GZ, knocking him to the ground and breaking his nose this "tape" would have been the end of this story. Too bad that the "child" couldn't simply go straight home to his father's, girlfriend's rented condo...they wouldn't be there of course, because they left this "child" home alone while they went partying. This after Trayvon's mother had given up on disciplining the "child" after his third suspension from school and sent him to be "watched over" by his father....and they didn't even know the "child" was missing until the next day.....

Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, you and others here have it all covered and refuse to support and critisize anything that might support Zimmerman. But Trayvon is an angel.
I know you weren't targeting my posts, but I don't think Trayvon Martin was an angel and neither does his parents. His mother even said he was like most teenagers who might "mouth off" if he saw somebody following him. If everyone who got into a little trouble was killed for being defiant, most of us wouldn't be alive to post today.

By the way, you can also point out just as many people who cannot accept that Zimmerman was angry and pulled out his gun after he got his butt kicked by a 17 year old.

We just don't know what happened and probably never will, unless there is proof. These might be some reasons Angela Corey had him charged with 2nd degree murder. (a) she has more evidence and eyewitness testimony (b) forensics results discredit Zimmerman's story, including voice analysis, bullet trajectory, etc. (c) she is playing politics and is hoping for a plea bargain that will satisfy the public
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies