Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 01:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
All I know is, criminals will second guess now, as long as we have the castle doctrine. I am in no way saying TM is guilty of anything, just speaking in general.
Yep, if one person's life is saved because of what George Zimmerman did (besides his life of course) then the law worked. The whole point of the law is to remind criminals that they never know who might be armed and able to defend themselves against their attack.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Probably before they interviewed anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I doubt anyone is surprised by that, you're still quite wrong.
Perhaps you two can post a link to an eyewitness who saw the beginning of the fight, who knows who approached who, who threw the first punch, etc.

Quote:
When you have more than one witness that saw pretty much the same thing, I would say it is pretty reliable testimony.
One of the witnesses is a 13 year old CHILD whose mother says the police "led the witness" to say certain things.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The state had no choice but to bring charges against Zimmerman otherwise the ignorant trash was going to riot and destroy Sanford FL. The real animal is in a much smaller sq. foot box 6' under dirt where he belongs, without his skittles or tea.
The child was trying to kill Zimmerman according to the testimony of Zimmerman. Z's dad said he was told George was told he was going to die tonight and that TM went for his gun.
That is not some sweet kid if that went down.
The youth was nearly an adult and was already defacing property, running around with drugs, jewelry and a burglary tool in his backpack according to some school records, this does not suggest this was a serious student.

It is though still a tragedy and as much as people want to sympathize with his parents (who I think are split since TM was visiting his dad's girlfriend's place), most of the problems with Trayvon as it is with all children can be traced back to the parents.

If they made this kid sit at the table to do homework, had taught him to have respect of others and property I think this never would have ended the way it did.
Kids used to have more respect people and have manners toward elders.

If George asked the kid what he was doing there since he doesn't know him and if TM said I am visiting in this complex with my dad at his girlfriend's I think this would never happened either.

Looking at the more recent non five year old pictures of Trayvon and as I read about him I feel this was a troubled kid with parents that were having troubles themselves.
I'm very glad the older son is in College and I hope he makes the family proud.
I think drugs sent TM down the wrong road. Almost always starts with pot. He had drug residue and a pipe in his last suspension and I think his brain could have already had problems from that stuff.

Wonder how the toxicology will turn out?
I think there would be a toxicology for GZ as well.

Al Sharpton, the New Black Panthers, Jackson, other gems and those that threaten riots are ignorant trash, I concur.

Trayvon may have been acting like an animal trying to kill Zimmerman, but he is the victim in that drugs and a lack of parenting IMO have led TM to his end. Though we can't also blame this ALL on parents either. Sometimes kids do what they do despite constant help from well meaning parents.

It is a tough situation we have here and a tragedy, as is the other 95% of blacks are killed by other blacks and this case is so special compared to daily events everywhere else.
The race baiting aspect of this casse and seeing the President and people like Sharpton doing their race baiting is evil IMO.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps you two can post a link to an eyewitness who saw the beginning of the fight, who knows who approached who, who threw the first punch, etc.

One of the witnesses is a 13 year old CHILD whose mother says the police "led the witness" to say certain things.
I don't recall anyone claiming that there was a witness to the beginning of the attack. All I've seen are witnesses who saw what took place once the attack began and Travyon was on top of Zimmerman.

The 13 year old child isn't one of the 2 witnesses that I've read about who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating him.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
By the way, the joy of some posters not at justice, but at the death of a minor is alarming. I'm delighted due process has finally started-it was long overdue, but I'd have preferred GZ had enough common sense to wait 60 seconds (cops arrived 1 minute after the murder), and than both families would have nothing of substance to deal with. I do think GZ was going to murder at some point, as to not follow a dispatchers statement = being a Dirty Harry waanabe. But we could than have hoped his family got him the mental health treatment he obviosuly needed before he murdered.
This is a good point you're bringing up, although we don't know if he continued counseling after taking anger management classes. I can only assume he completed them, since the third degree felony charges were reduced when he opted to take the class, according to public records. If it's anything like the traffic school I attended when I got a speeding ticket in Florida, it's a joke. This was several years ago, but I got a ticket for going about 42 in a 30 or 35mph zone. I took the class so the record would be expunged and I wouldn't get any points or an increase in my insurance. There were several people in the class who had DUIs and half of the people looked like the posters on "America's Most Wanted." One woman told me during the break that she fell asleep at the wheel. I'm surprised I was able to drive home without trembling after meeting these people! Now I sound like another City-Data member who is always complaining about Florida. LOL

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To me it sounded like the child said one thing and after the parents and others got to him he became NOT SURE of what he saw and heard. I get the feeling the aftermath of the event got to this 13 year old

Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Voice analysts have already said the screams and GZ's voice , as taped on the 911 call, are an absolute non match. Next. We can be sure FBI at Quantico can verify that, too. Double next.
Until we hear experts who actually match the voice to tm, I'll stick with it was gz or we don't know.

Besides what those guys said being inadmissible in court, 'David Faigman, a professor of law at the University of California-Hastings and an expert on the admissibility of scientific evidence, said courts and the overall scientific community have mixed opinions about the reliability of such "voiceprint" analysis. He said, it wouldn't be too hard for Zimmerman's attorneys to find an audio expert to offer an opposing opinion.'

Do you have a source or mole at the FBI who can tell us when their tests confirm it was tm ?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
To me it sounded like the child said one thing and after the parents and others got to him he became NOT SURE of what he saw and heard. I get the feeling the aftermath of the event got to this 13 year old
Or could it be that he's only 13 and heard another Black teenager getting shot to death right outside his home? No, I guess you don't think that would frighten and overwhelm a 13 year old boy and give him nightmares.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:54 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The child was trying to kill Zimmerman according to the testimony of Zimmerman. Z's dad said he was told George was told he was going to die tonight and that TM went for his gun.
Just because Zimmerman said Trayvon said that doesn't make it the truth.

Unfortunately, we won't get Trayvon's side of what was said and what wasn't said, will we?
Quote:
Wonder how the toxicology will turn out?
I think there would be a toxicology for GZ as well.
There was no toxicology done on the killer - only the victim.
Quote:
The race baiting aspect of this thread is evil IMO
Yes, it is. Please tell your evil racist friends to stop it.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
LOL! The state does not bring cases where they do not have enormous evidence. Today, and for several decades, Zimmerman, the murderer, sits in a 67 sq foot cage. Just like any animal. I notice his wife hasn't spoken-must be shopping for a replacement. Any grocery checker will be a replica.
Then explain why so many people are being released from prison that were never guilty to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies