Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

You don't need assimilation - you need mutual cooperation and respect. I am white and I am not assimilated with other whites- I will be what I have always been...and I don't want to be like the guy next door- but I expect civility and care...The idea of wealth through diversity is a crock..You will never have all people being like all people....Look at Europe's stern attempt to have assimilation- they even had a master plan- and it failed....socially - economically and spiritually. Let people and nations be themselves and all will fair better. At the rate and method we are going they will not fair better but bitter.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
You are aware that statistically the minorities commit more crimes than whites. Also before you start bashing white keep in mind that the internet you are now using hasn't been invented by Blacks in Africa or Hispanics in Nicaragua but by whites in America and Europe. Most of what you enjoy living in the US has been created by those whites and all they ask now is that you stop behaving like you are back home. You are in America now. We don't want another Mexico here. One crime infested sh!thole is enough.

Am I reading this correctly?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Most importantly American English is the language of the land here. You want to live here and be respected - speak the language first or take your Mexican flag back to Mexico.
So Hispanics are all Mexicans?

And you believe in freedom of speech, but it bothers you when someone speaks Spanish (which is never to you). Interesting.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:47 PM

My youngest son just married a girl from Chile...He picked up spanish quickly.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 AM

As I mentioned before- my son has married a Spanish speaking girl- I have seen and listened to her family on Skype...seeing they are at the far end of South America- Her family - are full of joy...they always laugh and joke..I like them- The grandmother is pretty tough and a no-nonsense type..that is ONE family.

His other experience with a Spanish speaking woman was with a very beautiful girl..Her grandfather was once president of Nicaragua - She is self centered - cruel- into witchcraft...the coldest most wicked female I have ever met..Her father was an elite creep...who assumed that all people were racist...She is ashamed of her curly hair so she is constantly treating it...Cos that little drop of black blood that she carries is considered low class...anyway- I would say my son was lucky to get away from this hag.

Beautiful or not- She was so horrific that I as an older man could tell she would have loved to she my boy jump off a bridge...What I am saying is that there are some latinos that are not good people- and if they could- they would kill you on the spot.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
WTF are you talking about? Give me an example of an Hispanic trying to do something against American Culture?

Who is stopping you from drinking your Bud Light and smoking your Marlboros.

Why do white people think they own exclusive rights on American Culture? REALLY? Get over yourself.
White people? WTH are you talking about? We have an American culture not a white people culture. American culture derived from the melting pot. English was adopted as our national language. Sounds like you have a problem with that and if you think that only white Americans drink beer and smoke you're not dealing in reality. Hispanics typically do not want to speak English and English is a part of our American culture like it or not.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Your post is filled with stereotypes...very hypocritical.

You show me ONE Latino BORN here that doesn't speak English as their primary language....go ahead...find him/her!!!!!! You make no sense.

You ASSUME so much in your reply, that it speaks for itself.

The problems is most white folks have LOST their European culture and have made "White" in America the dominate culture, so you could care less about your roots and it's culture. Stop hating on Hispanics because they are proud of their culture and heritage and want to pass it down to their children and grandchildren. When people stop having a problem with people being different from them, we'll all be better off! In other words...mind your business!
I know plenty of Hispanics who don't use English as their primary language our here in Calif. but you wouldn't know them by name anyways so how could I possibly prove it to you?

Most white Americans practice American culture. Part of that is the English language. Not wanting to be Polish, Italian, etc. when one was born here doesn't make any sense to you? Why would we want to act like we are from a country we weren't even born in? That doesn't mean we are ashamed of our ancestor's culture and heritage. Why not pass on American culture to one's children and grandchilden?

I have to laugh everytime the word hate is used just because assimilation is a desirable thing in this country for a cohesive society. What a crock! If you want to be different than plain old American then move to a country that fits your culural traits. Hispanics have 22 countries on the Western Hemisphere to choose from where they are the majority in but they choose to come here instead?

You're a hypocrite because you say I am stereotyping Hispanics and yet in every one of your posts you demonize and stereotype white people. Practice what you preach!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Oh be quiet. Just because you only speak one language (how boring), don't hate...participate. Go buy Rosetta Stone.
And most Mexicans in Mexico only speak Spanish. So your point is?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
White people? WTH are you talking about? We have an American culture not a white people culture. American culture derived from the melting pot. English was adopted as our national language. Sounds like you have a problem with that and if you think that only white Americans drink beer and smoke you're not dealing in reality. Hispanics typically do not want to speak English and English is a part of our American culture like it or not.
Exactly! This same poster accused me of being "White" because I was criticizing Latin American countries. Like I said, I come from a Brazilian background, in terms of race, I am half Lebanese and half Italian, hardly a "White" person.

American culture is not "White" culture like chicagonut stated, it is simply the culture of the majority of the people in this country. If you live in this country for generations and still need to stick to a "foreign" culture or a hyphenated American culture, then, something is wrong with you, not the system.

I have met 3rd generation Mexican Americans who still identify themselves as "Mexican", they only associate with people of the same ethnicity, only live amongst people who look like them, everything has to be Mexican, Mexican grocery store, Mexican TV, Mexican music, Mexican magazine, they speak English with an accent and hate White people.

Still living that same loser Mexican "barrio" lifestyle their grandparents ran from more than 50 years ago

Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Give me an example of an Hispanic trying to do something against American Culture?

Who is stopping you from drinking your Bud Light and smoking your Marlboros.

Why do white people think they own exclusive rights on American Culture? REALLY? Get over yourself.
Many Hispanics DON'T want to become American for whatever reason.

I DON'T drink or smoke.

For people who DON'T like being called "white" why do Hispanics even call themselves "Hispanic"?? Hispanic culture is just as "white" as Irish, English, Italian and so on. Funny how the "brown" Hispanics tunr their backs on their Indian or Black roots and use Spanish and many other things from Spain. But in Spain the people there look at LatAm people, even white Argies as something less tho to you or me they're ALL Hispanic. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies