Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM

295 posts, read 320,585 times

Advertisements

IT REPRESENTS RACISM, SEGREGATION, SLAVERY, UNJUST WARFARE "VIET NAM, IRAQ", IMPERIALISM, AND ALL OF YOU GOOD HEARTED AMERICANS DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!
We lost 58,000 American troops in VietNam under this flag because we were fighting those dreaded communist Viet Cong but President Bill Clinton decides after tasting the sweetness of ML's honey its time to restore relations with our enemy.
George W. says Saddam Hussein has stockpiles of chemical and nuclear weapons and Ossama Bin Laden is a mastermind of the terroist attacks on the World Trade Center, just another lie under that rag they call the American flag and pledge allegience to!
The only ones to die under the Confederate flag were those trying to deter an invading army and led by a corrupt government but on the other hand thousands perished under the stars and stripes!
Under our STARS AND STRIPES we are witnessing the worst economic disaster ever!!!!
HOPEFULLY, our first dark skinned President can keep printing more and more money to help save our asses but I think in my mind its the same as saying you have cancer and putting a band aid on it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,769,046 times
^ no.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,510 times
I love the American flag. I wish more people did.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 AM

23 posts, read 79,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Will this thread incite as much passion as the confederate one?
I see the flag of a country which stated out well but then burned the South, flattened central Europe and is now run by foreigners and anti-Western Marxists. That's why I designed these revolutionary flags.

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...ican-flag.html

Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,762 times
God how I wish we could separate the Southern states from the rest of the country. They could have their own Right-wing, religious fundamentalist, socially conservative, third-world theocracy.

And the rest of would be free to continue down the path of normal human evolution.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 PM

706 posts, read 1,242,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
God how I wish we could separate the Southern states from the rest of the country. They could have their own Right-wing, religious fundamentalist, socially conservative, third-world theocracy.

And the rest of would be free to continue down the path of normal human evolution.
There is no such thing as normal, at least that is what you liberal types say.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Republican = Taliban

Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,543 times
I think it should be a Crime to burn the American Flag while in America! (Exception of the American Legion who 'retires' the flag in a ceremony by burning them, and thats the only exception).

People fought and died for the Symbol of Freedom that the Flag stands for! I served in the Military myself, way back in the 70s, and I swore and allegiance to that Flag that I am proud of. To see it desecrated by idiots who have no self esteem for themselves, or Country, really bothers me to no end!

Sure, I can understand the idiots in other Countries who burn our flag in protest, because they hate the 'great Satan' that they think America has become, but, if you ask any one of them, they would give thier right arm to come to America and enjoy its freedoms!!! Go figure!

Flag burners? Give them a one way ticket to any Country that they choose and dont let them come back!

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 03-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
I think it should be a Crime to burn the American Flag while in America! (Exception of the American Legion who 'retires' the flag in a ceremony by burning them, and thats the only exception).

People fought and died for the Symbol of Freedom that the Flag stands for! I served in the Military myself, way back in the 70s, and I swore and allegiance to that Flag that I am proud of. To see it desecrated by idiots who have no self esteem for themselves, or Country, really bothers me to no end!

Sure, I can understand the idiots in other Countries who burn our flag in protest, because they hate the 'great Satan' that they think America has become, but, if you ask any one of them, they would give thier right arm to come to America and enjoy its freedoms!!! Go figure!

Flag burners? Give them a one way ticket to any Country that they choose and dont let them come back!

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Making it a crime to burn a flag would be an example of restricting citizen's freedom, which in turn would take away from the flag's symbolism.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
I despise the federal government and as the so-called "American" flag is actually the federal flag, I refuse to fly it, ever. Gadsden flag for me...

We are not a free country anymore. If you think that go read all the federal laws and regulations sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies