Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This ^^^ seems to be sorely lacking in information/understanding/knowledge of how things work in our justice system.
After 200 year of injustice many black americans are well inform on how it is suppose to work

Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But stalking is such a powerful and nebulous legal buzzword that you can apply it anywhere, including here.
Had it happen to me a year ago on C-D. Some idiot was running around the forums and attacking me every time I posted for about two weeks. Crazy. Digging up posts of mine that were two years old. C-D erased him from memory.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So the angel Martin who was kicked out of school three times did indeed have a current drug problem.
This case against Zimmerman is disolving by the moment.

Oh really, can you verify this with any proof other than Faux?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
This perfectly represents the level of ignorance in the Trayvon camp.

Please inform yourself of the facts in this case. The evidence that's been released proves the gunshot was at very close range (close enough to leave burn and powder marks).
If I'm not mistaken the report that was released stated "intermediate range" which means what to the common lay person? Per definition it is not close but not far, so how is it ignorance when the statement is vague at most?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The ignorance that you sprouting is at least amazing and at most horrifying. Trayvon did not have any tools on him whats so ever, neverless burglary tools. He was in high school why should he have a job, this is not mandatory in this country (hint: go back to yours if you really feel it necessary). There is no proof that he was high, there are rumors that traces of THC was in his system. If you had a clue you would have known that it remains in your system for at least 30 days and there is no proof whatsoever that he had any addiction to anything.

Does your lack of respect have any boundaries?
America is my country. Who said he has to have a job? He had to get money to smoke weed or do they give weed out for free now? So you want me to believe angelic Trayvon smoked weed a month ago and hasn't smoked a joint since?

No proof he had no addiction to anything? Oh really we have his school record that shows he was caught with a baggie with marijuana residue and now we have his autopsy report that shows weed in his system. Maybe addiction is a strong word, since there is some debate about whether marijuana is addictive let's just say he had a fondness for the herb.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,017 times
Doesn't look suspicious to me. Clerk doesn't appear to be terribly alarmed either. We can also probably put to bed the moronic notion that the candy and drink were stolen as well.

Video_of_Martin_at_7Eleven - YouTube

Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
this is pretty much what I think happend too.

Zimmerman shouldn't be charged with murder 2 but I think he will be charged with something. If he walks it sends the wrong message of What stand your ground is IMO.

I don't think that the 2nd degree murder charge will stick. Manslaughter, maybe, but not murder. It doesn't fit in this case.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Trayvon Martin had repeatedly banged the back of GZ's head on concrete, GZ'z injuries would have been far more substantial than a few scratches. The extent of the injuries would range from hairline fracture(s) to the occipital to a concussion (traumatic brain injury) to a larger skull fracture. The fact that GZ did not require medical treatment speaks volumes to the level of danger that he was in during the altercation.

Also, if GZ's nose was fractured, why did he not follow up treatment with an ENT per the advice of the "family doctor"?
Where was your medical training again? EMT, PA, Dr.? Just trying to establish if you know WTH you're talking about as you fling around these pronouncements. It's not looking good for you unless you just kept forgetting to post it...the other guy who WAS trained and said it, I buy his version. Otherwise you're just yammering to hear yourself yammer.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
I'm curious to people's reactions to this case: 'Stand your ground' claim by Trevor Dooley in fatal park shooting rejected by judge - Tampa Bay Times

In a nutshell, a 69 year old man went to the basketball court across the street from his house and advised a youth that he was violationg the rules of the basketball court by riding his skateboard there. The 69 year old had a concealled weapon.

A younger man, a 41 year old military veteran verbally confronts the older man. He apparently notices the gun concealled in the other mans belt and attacks him. A fight ensues. He then tries to take the older man's firearm. The older man manages to pull the concealled weapon and stop the attack.

He has been charged with manslaughter. Do you think he should be? Or was this a reasonable self defense shooting? IMO, yes. The assailant started the physical confrontation. THere was an obvious disparity of force (a younger military man against an elderly homeowner). The assailant was not only younger and stronger, he was attempting to take the firearm from the victim. If it were me in his shoes, I absolutely would have shot. This scene more than meets the criteria for use of deadly force. I don't understand why he was charged, unless there was an overzelous prosecutor.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Did you even read your link. No way in hell what Zimmerman did could be stalking.
Quote:
Fla. Stat. § 784.048. Stalking; definitions; penalties. (2008)
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) "Course of conduct" means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "course of conduct." Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.
(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Stalking would be difficult to prove, but Zimmerman is not being tried for stalking. The following is just to show that Zimmerman might have been guilty of stalking. The whole point is that it is illegal to scare someone by following them, stopping for a moment, and then following them again. And I only bring that up because a poster was trying to say that only Trayvon did something wrong by punching the guy.

Zimmerman willfully, maliciously (he called him an a**hole when he doesn't know him and hasn't observed him doing any wrong), and repeatedly (according to 1.b. it can be a series of acts over a short period of time. Zimmerman followed him in his car, stopped, followed him on foot, lost him for a moment and may have followed him again) followed (no doubt he followed him) another person (Martin).

Although not relevant in this case, I like how my state defines stalking.

Quote:
Statute 21-3438: Stalking. (a) Stalking is:
(1) Intentionally or recklessly engaging in a course of conduct targeted at a specific person which would cause a reasonable person in the circumstances of the targeted person to fear for such person's safety, or the safety of a member of such person's immediate family and the targeted person is actually placed in such fear;
I don't get how you defenders of Zimmerman can't for a minute put yourself or, let's say your daughter or son, in Martin's shoes for a minute. Imagine having some guy in a car follow your 17-year-old son through the neighborhood at night as he is walking home. As your son picks up his pace and tries to lose the guy, the guy gets out of his vehicle and goes looking for him.

Who among you would condemn your son for fighting this guy? Who among you would claim if the guy shoots and kills your son that the guy did it in self-defense?

Last edited by Hueffenhardt; 05-18-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies