Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM

812 posts, read 595,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What are you talking about?

IMO, this is not a case about racism or a hate crime. I think it's a case of an insecure person, wanting authority, and wandering off into fantasyland to try to be a super-hero. Being Latino does not give one cover from scrutiny either.
Or...perhaps a person simply wanting security and not expecting Miami style reactionary juvenile in a small rural community like Sanford. Again the spectators herevarevusing the premise of profiling. When Arabs on a plane gather in first class and you pay special attention to them some might erroneously call it profiling. In the most basic of realistic observations there is precedent for educated profiling. Due to observations and reports in this neighborhood the same applies. If my residence had already been hit by young black thugs or Latino or white or polka dot thugs inwould be in my rights to be on the lookout. Do you think this immature young man invaded as space? Please answer the question and tell me why you think that is not relevant to what happened.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Those of us who've been posting since ovcatto began the first Trayvon Martin thread are, naturally, sometimes uncertain when trying to remember specific posts; there have been thousands. Had we known that we'd be held accountable for so much information, I suspect that we might have kept journals.

[url=http://global.christianpost.com/news/trayvon-martin-shot-was-his-assailant-drunk-71645/]Trayvon Martin Shot: Was His Assailant Drunk?[/url]
More like tens of thousands. Just this thread has over 5,000 comments, so it's nearly impossible to keep track of all the links. There were also threads in other forums.

Very interesting link, by the way.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Or...perhaps a person simply wanting security and not expecting Miami style reactionary juvenile in a small rural community like Sanford. Again the spectators herevarevusing the premise of profiling. When Arabs on a plane gather in first class and you pay special attention to them some might erroneously call it profiling. In the most basic of realistic observations there is precedent for educated profiling. Due to observations and reports in this neighborhood the same applies. If my residence had already been hit by young black thugs or Latino or white or polka dot thugs inwould be in my rights to be on the lookout. Do you think this immature young man invaded as space? Please answer the question and tell me why you think that is not relevant to what happened.
Don't mean to be disrespectful, but I've read your post several times and it still doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Being black also should provide the same respect as being white and not be followed or harrassed for no reason. The question that I would have posed is that would he have done the same thing if Trayvon was white?

As far as the right to protect life and property, whose property was he protecting? His life would not had been in jeopardy if he would have listened to the dispatcher in the first place.

One other question, and I mentioned this before who goes to Target with a loaded gun? He was not "patrolling" the area because NW rules prohibit having a gun while doing so.
Of course it should and for no other reason than past transgressions you leap to the conclusion that it was profiling for race and race alone. How about the known fact tat young blacks had been identified for burglaries in the community. The reason in fact z was elected captain or appt captain.
Who says he didn't listen. To the best of my knowledge not yet determined that he did not cease and desist from following. Even if he did so what it doesn't matter. This kid should have not approached an adult with intent to engage. That was stupid stupid stupid. I'll ask you because everyone wants to conveniently ignore the question. Did Trayvon invade as body space. If he did does it matter. Did z invade Ts sbody space if it did does it matter? Thre is your answer! Everything else is just pounding the table. Whoever wins that toss wins the solution. My bet is z goes free on that toss.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This is a link to an article that reports the reaction of an officer to Zimmerman's voice. There was a link earlier in the thread that was posted around the time that there were motions being made to unseal the records: It did refer to O'Mara's concern that Zimmerman's texts and e-mails could be used against him.
Perhaps you can locate that part of the thread, as I've provided you with this
link. Those of us who've been posting since ovcatto began the first Trayvon Martin thread are, naturally, sometimes uncertain when trying to remember specific posts; there have been thousands. Had we known that we'd be held accountable for so much information, I suspect that we might have kept journals.

Trayvon Martin Shot: Was His Assailant Drunk?
You found that link with no problem. Nobody yet with a link to an arresting officer saying gz slurred his words. Fib.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't mean to be disrespectful, but I've read your post several times and it still doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say?
do you think the you ng man invaded Zs space or do you believe Z entered Trayvons space? Which do you believe likely happened. When thes two people wer 1 block apart as surely at one point they were. Who do you think likely closed that space of separation. Do you thinking was mutual one advanced on the other. Do you believe z was in retreat or do you believe z statement he came up t o me and asked if z had a problem ten proceeded to further close that space. Or do you believe z felt he had the upper hand, after all he would have had reason to be brave with a weapon. Do you believe z walked up to T and said whatever he may have said? What is your perceived position in that regard?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Going back to [URL="http://global.christianpost.com/news/trayvon-martin-shot-was-his-assailant-drunk-71645/"]the link just posted[/URL]

"New reports also show that Zimmerman was not administered a Breathalyzer or toxicology screen, even though it is the protocol for shootings. Rod Wheeler, a law enforcement expert, told ABC News that Zimmerman sounded intoxicated in the 911 calls."

In March when I posted that it was standard procedure to test someone after a shooting, a CD member claiming to be a cop called me a moron and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

So far there is nothing to indicate he was tested for drugs or alcohol, but could he have refused?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
One other question, and I mentioned this before who goes to Target with a loaded gun? .
I presume you honestly don't know the answer to your insanely goofy question.

Answer: Everybody with a brain and a gun.

I guess you've never heard the word 'carry'. If you have, I'm almost afraid to ask what you think it means.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Going back to the link just posted

"New reports also show that Zimmerman was not administered a Breathalyzer or toxicology screen, even though it is the protocol for shootings. Rod Wheeler, a law enforcement expert, told ABC News that Zimmerman sounded intoxicated in the 911 calls."

In March when I posted that it was standard procedure to test someone after a shooting, a CD member claiming to be a cop called me a moron and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

So far there is nothing to indicate he was tested for drugs or alcohol, but could he have refused?
What a funny post. Somebody nobody cares about but who thinks he's some kind of expert thinks Zimm sounded intoxicated. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

We've all heard the tapes. He didn't sound intoxicated.

And let's not forget the fools who couldn't decide if the crying voice was Zimm's or Sweet Little Trayvon's voice. Mom says it was, Dad says it wasn't. OK, then. More experts, I guess.

Everybody's an expert.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
do you think the you ng man invaded Zs space or do you believe Z entered Trayvons space? Which do you believe likely happened. When thes two people wer 1 block apart as surely at one point they were. Who do you think likely closed that space of separation. Do you thinking was mutual one advanced on the other. Do you believe z was in retreat or do you believe z statement he came up t o me and asked if z had a problem ten proceeded to further close that space. Or do you believe z felt he had the upper hand, after all he would have had reason to be brave with a weapon. Do you believe z walked up to T and said whatever he may have said? What is your perceived position in that regard?
Based on what we know up to this point, seems to me it is more likely that Zimmerman went up to Trayvon, made verbal contact, and that's where the fight started. I don't think Zimmerman ever broke that initial contact and I don't think Trayvon followed him anywhere. And let me add, at this point we do NOT know what all of the evidence is in this case because it has not all been released yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies