Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

20 to life seems fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
How much do you want him to make for the murder he commited? Hopefully he want have long to spend it.
IF he protected his life against a violent attack using a legal means of self defense (which is for a jury to decide, unless a judge tosses the case first) I hope he cleans up. I'd say $20 mil from NBC would be a good start in providing a positive deterant to lying about an innocent man to make a few bucks on "news". Maybe the same from the vile, racist NBPP who put a bounty on his life.

I don't care about race....if the KKK or Aryan Nations were instigating and agitating for whites to go out and kill an innocent black person, I'd say they should be slammed comparably.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
This wasn't an 80 year old granny versus a young man, or a man versus a woman, or a group of 3 men versus 1 man; this was an armed 28 year old man who weighs around 200 versus an unarmed 17 year old who weighs around 150-160. If Zimmerman couldn't defend himself without using a firearm, then I don't think he should be considered an adult or a man.

However, in any event, his life is basically over regardless of how this case turns out (at least in the US).
I'm not going to relitigate this case with you suffice it to say you are wrong. The law doesn't care how manly someone is grow up.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
He looked like such a coward leaving jail this morning. And the way the rwnjs are supporting him because of racial hate toward Trayvon the murder victim is fueling deeper rage than they could hope for. At least that chief lost his income. Hopefully more will happen to all those involved in this murder and then cover up.
You're too funny.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You're too funny.
It's just the typical crap from some racist that can't stand the thought of a hispanic man getting a fair trial.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The case against George Zimmerman seems to be falling apart by the day. More and more evidence supports the case for self defense. Either way, that's for a jury to decide. However...assuming he's found not guilty, or if a judge tosses the case before trial....how much can Zimmerman make off this case?

He certainly has a case against many media organizations. Those that painted him a racists and tarnished his reputation with no evidence. Those that fabricated conversations that make him appear that way (NBC, anyone). All of these have hurt his reputation and put his life in danger. Add to the obvious nutcases the NBPP bounty on his head. Or the flaming azzhats on Twitter that are calling for his death.

I am not a lawyer, but it sure seems like he has heck of a lot of options for civil suites. Hopefully he can clean out some of these irresponible groups and end up with enough of a settlement to "learn them a lesson".

This doesn't even consider book or movie deals...
Ask the druggie Rodney King

Old 04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
One would be hard-pressed to find a clearer case of self-defense.
If Florida, by definition, shooting someone is apparently self defense.

Someone shows up at your door and you don't know them?.......because they knocked on the wrong door. Shoot them. It's self defense.

Someone is in the bushes in your next door neighbor's backyard. Shoot them. It's self defense (and also your neighbor's son).

You are mad because some kid is skateboarding on a basketball court. Another guy is playing volleyball with his daughter and says it is fine with him if the skateboarder is out there. Shoot the little girl's dad. It's self defense.

You are tailgating someone and they stop and ask you to quit tailgating them. Shoot them. It's self defense.

Each one of the above scenarios actually occurred in Florida. In each case the shooter is claiming "Stand Your Ground."

Old 04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
How much do you want him to make for the murder he commited? Hopefully he want have long to spend it.
So much anger and hate. I understand that your position is that everything that happens in the world is race-driven (and for you, maybe it is), but for you to wish someone dead is surprising even to me, ec.

I used to think that despite our differences, we had a mutual respect. You just lost mine. That is a terrible, terrible thing you wrote, and I can't have any respect at all for someone who would write it.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's just the typical crap from some racist that can't stand the thought of a hispanic man getting a fair trial.
Don't call me racist. You guys come on here with your inciteful rhetoric aimed at causing pain for those of us who can see this kind of BS happening to us or our children and you get joy from the thought that as Trayvons parents still mourn him his killer gets to profit and then you act as if there is something wrong with those that oppose you.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
How much will Zimmerman make out of all this?

Nothing.

He'll lose. Big-time.

Even if he isn't found guilty and doesn't go to jail.

His life will never be the same. Never as good as it might have been before this.

Neither will the family of the dead boy be the same. Nor will they gain from this, financially.

It's sad. For both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies