Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Probably not much because I highly doubt he'll walk away from this case without a criminal conviction of some sort; I just don't see it resulting in an all or nothing situation.

Will he be convicted of 2nd degree murder? Probably not.
Will he plead guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter? Most likely, yes.

I highly doubt this case will even make it to trial.
I agree, the case will not make it to trial because it will be tossed out of court.

He will not be convicted on the evidence we've seen thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My understanding is that if he wins immunity in the SYG portion of the case, he cannot be sued in civil court.
That is true, but no matter how many times you say it, it won't soak in. It must really suck to not be able to comprehend what you read. It's that damned left gene, doncha know.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 AM

566 posts, read 958,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I agree, the case will not make it to trial because it will be tossed out of court.

He will not be convicted on the evidence we've seen thus far.
It won't be tossed out of court. Zimmerman's claim of self-defense is pretty weak.

You can't put a bullet in someone because you're losing a fist fight against an unarmed person who weighs 50 pounds less.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
It won't be tossed out of court. Zimmerman's claim of self-defense is pretty weak.

You can't put a bullet in someone because you're losing a fist fight against an unarmed person who weighs 50 pounds less.
Remember when it was 100 pounds? lol

Now it's 50??

Did you see Roy Jones fight John Ruiz?

*sigh* people will not let go of these moot points.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I think the Martins will go after him and he'll go after groups like MSNBC, maybe other media outfits and even individuals or the state of Florid or other government organizations. The civil case will probably be interesting than the criminal one.
Have the relatives of that slain border patrol agent named Eric Holder or the JD in a civil law suit yet?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Remember when it was 100 pounds? lol

Now it's 50??

Did you see Roy Jones fight John Ruiz?

*sigh* people will not let go of these moot points.
My point is that any confrontation they had should have been nothing more than a fist fight because Trayvon was unarmed. Therefore, any force used beyond hands/feet/fists (and maybe a taser) should be deemed excessive. I could see if Trayvon had a knife/gun/baseball bat/HIV-contaminated syringe/etc on him, but completely unarmed? No, that's a criminal offense.

You can't go around shooting people whenever you feel like you're losing a fist fight.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
He's not going to have a normal life again. Neither is Trayvon. Self defense is when someone attacks you and you didn't start the freaking fight. Zimmerman instigates this, then claims self defense? What a nice precedent! I think I'll start stalking people and when they come at me, I'm gonna blast 'em and say, "Self defense." "HE HAD A @#$@%%#% CAN OF TEA!!!!, your Honor!" "How much more suspicious could he get, am I right or am I right?"
70Ford: Judge, jury and executioner.

Here's an idea - let's see how the trial goes. Have you considered that YOU DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE what the actual facts of the case are?

Oh, wait... I forgot. Liberals let politicians and the media do their thinking for them. From "astroturf" to Zimmerman, they're not capable of any sense of objectivity. The further to the left one is, the more this is true. It's very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That's ludicrous.
Indeed.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
If, and thats a big if, he is found not guilty he will probably write a book or have a movie deal struck and make lots of money and then Treyvons parents will sue him for wrongful death and he will give that money to his lawyers and them. Either way I am sure Zimmerman wishes he had never followed Treyvon that rainy night.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If, and thats a big if, he is found not guilty he will probably write a book or have a movie deal struck and make lots of money and then Treyvons parents will sue him for wrongful death and he will give that money to his lawyers and them. Either way I am sure Zimmerman wishes he had never followed Treyvon that rainy night.
BINGO!!

Well said.

Last edited by midatlantic12; 04-23-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 04-23-2012, 11:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I doubt that. This idiot wanted to be a BIG HERO and probably still believes he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies