Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
A small price to pay for the message being delivered. Someone ought to remind those kids that the people this man's trying to defend have gone through or are going through far worse. Whatever persecution or danger they may have perceived, gays have actually experienced and/or are currently experiencing. The threat of disillusionment is a necessary evil, unlike the evil this man is actually attacking. Watch 'The Matrix' sometime and you may get the idea
I think you'd be wise to consider that Savage's tirade may have the opposite effect. I seriously feel myself giving less a damn about "bullying".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I think you'd be wise to consider that Savage's tirade may have the opposite effect. I seriously feel myself giving less a damn about "bullying".

And you attribute this personal shortcoming to his speech... how?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No I don't play the victim, I can stand up for myself.

Your a wuss did I just Bully you?
Huh? According to you name calling is bullying, so I don't understand your answers.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You might have point if....

....you actually HAD a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sorry I can't make it easier for you to understand.

Try thinking harder!

Maybe that will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sorry I can't make it easier for you to understand.

Try thinking!

Maybe that will help.

Forget that you're the one who doesn't get it?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,361,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Huh? According to you name calling is bullying, so I don't understand your answers.
I never said it was, I asked you if it was.I think it's all BS myself, it's just another way to wuss kids down. But the point is that this clown thinks calling names is Bullying and yet he did it which makes him a Hypocrite and that's the whole point of this thread.

Last edited by Roaddog; 04-30-2012 at 06:22 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 PM

27,669 posts, read 16,160,831 times
This savage clown also said he "wished all reps. were fn dead" .. anyone defending this clown should really pull their head out of their ass where nothing belongs and tell savage you dont need a book to tell you that.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times
Quote:
And you attribute this personal shortcoming to his speech... how?
I can't stand his self-righteous pontification nor his boorish, vile behavior.

He's certainly not the kind of spokesman you'd want for......anything.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh well, looks like you didn't WATCH the video of this radical gay activist bully doing exactly what he is decrying in others as he plays the victim card......oh, that's right...he's a LEFTIST bully, which is ok.

Calling them NAMES, ragging on their faith....all ok with the Left.

It's what they DO.

They didn't knowingly attend a conference expecting to be railed against for their faith and called names...unless you can provide some evidence that was in the itinerary.

Amazing just what the Left will excuse and condone.....as long as the ones being attacked are on the other side of the aisle.
Oh quit being a drama queen.

He did not rag on their faith, he ragged on the hypocrisy in Christianity. There happens to be a huge difference between those statements. Capiche?

The conference was called Journalism On The Edge, not Journalism That We Hope Won't Upset You.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I can't stand his self-righteous pontification nor his boorish, vile behavior.

He's certainly not the kind of spokesman you'd want for......anything.
Fair enough. But I think he had a good point this time, and anyone who hasn't been following his behavior all along might still hear the truth in it.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,641,194 times
Quote:
A small price to pay for the message being delivered. Someone ought to remind those kids that the people this man's trying to defend have gone through or are going through far worse. Whatever persecution or danger they may have perceived, gays have actually experienced and/or are currently experiencing. The threat of disillusionment is a necessary evil, unlike the evil this man is actually attacking. Watch 'The Matrix' sometime and you may get the idea
REALITY CHECK: Not ALL Gays have gone through the type of bullying Savage did. And there is NOTHING to indicate the Christian kids in the audience ever did any bullying to Savage or any other gay person. They don't need to pay any "price."

If this man isn't publicly apologized for by no one less than the POTUS, who has supported him, and disassociated from the Anti-Bullying Campaign, then this whole thing needs to be scratched for it will have been revealed for what it is - A Bully Pulpit/Christian Silencing Political Maneuver that reeks of Religious Discrimination & Harassment. These tactics will not be tolerated. No child deserves this treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies