Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Produce a product, service, idea, skill or something else that people will pay for.

It's as simple as that.

Having a degree in 18th century lesbian poetry is not desirable.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The perspectives between Baby Boomers and Millenials is striking in their respective contrasts.

As a baby boomer I couldn't wait to get out of the house to get my own place to live, my own car and live my own life, even if it meant I had to "rough it" for a few years.

I can't speak for other people in my generation but if I wanted a car, a college education, a place to live or my own material possessions "Mommy and Daddy" was the last place I looked.

That stands in contrast with many Millienials that I see that won't or don't want to leave the creature comforts of home and expect "Mommy and Daddy" to pay for their cars, college education, and damn near anything else they want. I spend a lot of time on a large Midwestern university campus and the number or spoiled, over-privileged, arrogant, whiny brats masquerading as "Young Adults" never ceases to amaze me.
lol rent and houses were unbelievably cheap then and people without a college degree could get a decent job. Boomers are the biggest whiners our there, always wanting their gubmint check yet also low taxes in their prime income earning years. The way those spoiled brats have destroyed a once great nation by electing job killing Republicans like Reagan is just staggering. Reading drivel posts like this makes me want to smack the recently retired who bankrupted our country

Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol rent and houses were unbelievably cheap then and people without a college degree could get a decent job. Boomers are the biggest whiners our there, always wanting their gubmint check yet also low taxes in their prime income earning years. The way those spoiled brats have destroyed a once great nation by electing job killing Republicans like Reagan is just staggering. Reading drivel posts like this makes me want to smack the recently retired who bankrupted our country
No, I didn't bankrupt anyone....not even myself.

What IS drivel is lumping entire generations together and insisting everyone born in that time frame is just like everyone else in that time frame...drivel and abject stupidity.....there are NO "generations" with cut and dried birth dates.

Drivel is one generation blaming another generation out of ignorance....no generation was the best or the worst. And everday middle class and poor (the majority) have NO control over how the world is run.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Some boomers would smack lazy, whiny-assed punks like you,...and not stop to give it a second thought. There are loads of opportunities out there, but your generation is too busy pounding on your keyboards to even recognize them.

Nobody owes you anything, so make your own way,....or vote for Obama and hope he penalizes the successful enough to pay for your freebie generation.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Baby Boomers were given a great country on a silver platter by the generation that birthed them. They could've worked and afford school at the same time. They grew up in the most prosperous era in US history. Most Baby Boomers could've owned their own homes and cars without any type of education. Can millenials do that? It's impossible. Baby Boomers are by far the most entitled generation in US history. However, they made things worse for their children's generation.
You are quite creative. Now quit whining and go out and find a job like millions of us have done.

Nothing has changed. Whiners have always been whiners and winners have always been winners.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The amusing part of this pi**ing match is the Millinials will live a lot longer than the ageing BabyB's and eventually own everything the most self satisfied generation ever produced. I will be working to help the kids get as much as posssible because it will amuse me to do so.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Maybe they had it easier because they had a work ethic, didn't need every new game player with $60 games, nor would they pay $400 to see a Britney Spears concert, unlimited text messaging on their brand new iPhones and didn't think everything had to be handed to them.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
I have four "millenial" kids. Three don't have a degree, but all four own their houses and are doing quite well. Why is that? Because they are not whiners. They are winners. They work hard and are financially smart.

Maybe you should try that instead of whining.

The biggest mistake baby boomers have made is allowing their lazy freeloading adult kids to live at home. That taught them to be leeches and whiners.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
The only whiners out there are kids like yourself. If you want to get ahead, stop playing vidoe games, getting obese off fast food and writing constantly in acronyms on facebook. If you want to be taken seriously, stop watching Jersey shore, turn that sideways baseball cap around, pull your damn pants up and start helping your community

....Like just about every baby boomer who you could only hope to be as good as did

Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Baby Boomers were given a great country on a silver platter by the generation that birthed them. They could've worked and afford school at the same time. They grew up in the most prosperous era in US history. Most Baby Boomers could've owned their own homes and cars without any type of education. Can millenials do that? It's impossible. Baby Boomers are by far the most entitled generation in US history. However, they made things worse for their children's generation.
Funny - calling Boomers entitled, in a rant full of complaining because they don't have things that others have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies