Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 AM

503 posts, read 807,688 times

Advertisements

Yes...gays are just like everyone else and want to lead normal American lives.

2007 Provincetown Carnival: Fairytales - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I simply gave you an sample answer. You could try something like that when you defend homosexuality. If would make you look less soft and defensive.
Hm, didn't look like an answer to me. Looked like an attempt at deceit.

Alas, you obviously agree with that statement. Good to know.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
And whatever the "other" side is, its not going to win anyone over by calling people immoral and sickening drug-addicted pedophiles. Hater and bigot are rather mild terms in comparison.
The other side is simply standing their ground and defending the status quo, they are not trying to change anything. You are the one trying to build some kind of 'movement' to change things, and you are the one who needs to win people over. However, your approach does nothing but push people away from your side.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Hm, didn't look like an answer to me. Looked like an attempt at deceit.

Alas, you obviously agree with that statement. Good to know.
I did not comment on your statement.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
I did not comment on your statement.
Yawn. So not only are you deceitful, have a lax interpretation of "honesty," and justify your bigotry with your interpretation of "morality," but you also have nothing intelligent to say?

Wow.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:10 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,571 times
Quote:
You are the one trying to build some kind of 'movement' to change things, and you are the one who needs to win people over. However, your approach does nothing but push people away from your side.
Me, personally, or gays in general? I don't have an agenda. I'm only posting because I find the name-calling on here most offensive. WHY is it that they can call me a sickening deviant and drug-abusing pedophile but I'm not allowed to respond? Should I just smile and say nothing? Why do you think this discussion should be one-way?

Why don't you harp on those who have used the REAL offensive terms in this thread? THOSE are the ones who are pushing anyone who might still be on the fence (any fence) away from their side, whatever that side may be.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
Quote:
Does calling stealing immoral, make you a bigot against thieves? No, of course not.
The difference however is that we can adumbrate our reasoning as to why we consider thievery to be immoral. We can go into long discussions about who it hurts, how and why we think hurting people in this way is immoral. For example I doubt we could get through such a discussion without discussing the concept of "consent" and how if you steal from someone it is taking their possessions without their "consent".

With homosexuality we are talking about the consensual acts between consensual people which in no way harm... impinge upon the rights of... or affect anyone else. To label it immoral therefore is to do so without basis and to attack something without basis is, for me, bigotry. Hatred for hatred sake, with no basis in argument, evidence, data or reasoning.

If you are concerned with morality I would be concerned more with your quoting half a persons post in order to make it look like they were saying something they absolutely were not. That is a blatant act of dishonest that one should be ashamed to perform and yet here today we saw it performed almost with pride. For shame.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Yawn. So not only are you deceitful, have a lax interpretation of "honesty," and justify your bigotry with your interpretation of "morality," but you also have nothing intelligent to say?

Wow.
It never ends.......

Well, thanks for proving my point.

People use anger (involuntarily) to conceal the weakness of their position. This is what you and the rest of the homosexual coalition is doing here.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Right there it shows that the person who started this thread is a hetro-phobic basher. They use the word "infested" as if people who do not like the gay agenda- or find the homo-sexual act unpleasant and not to be encourages socially. People have equal rights- Gays are protected and now a privledged class...BUT they are not satisfied with their new found rights and freedoms...They don't just want equality- they seem to be heading towards an agenda of dominance.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Right there it shows that the person who started this thread is a hetro-phobic basher. They use the word "infested" as if people who do not like the gay agenda- or find the homo-sexual act unpleasant and not to be encourages socially. People have equal rights- Gays are protected and now a privledged class...BUT they are not satisfied with their new found rights and freedoms...They don't just want equality- they seem to be heading towards an agenda of dominance.
Yes, the word "infested" tends to suggest they consider heterosexuals as some kind of vermin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies