Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why is the USA so filled with homosexual bigots who constantly attack those of religious faith?
Funny thing about all of this....if you are a left winger in favor of gay marriage, then you consider yourself to be 'enlightened' and 'tolerant' and 'accepting of freedom for all'....and that same left wing 'tolerant' soul will attack a Christian in the most vicious way with name calling and denegration in any way shape or form.

Conversely, you never hear a left winger say a negative word about a muslim....or what is done to gays in the middle east...or to women for that matter. No....in the left wingers myopic viewpoint, on Christians should be attacked.

I find all of that very telling of the mindset of the average liberal. Generally speaking, liberals are 'tolerant' as long as your view mirrors theirs. If not...you are a loser...a nazi....a bigot...a homophobe....etc.

To me, that is why I generally pay no attention to the opinions of left wingers. To me, they are the most narrow minded people on the face of the Earth. Not to mention....their ideology is mainly what has this country in the horrible mess we find ourselves in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is it because there are so many fundamentalist Christians, or is there some other reason?...Giving gays equal rights takes nothing away from anyone. Since we have done this in Canada the bigotry has pretty much faded away...

LGBT rights in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why is the USA so infested with anti gay bigots?
Well, first "infested" is a good description since they are like rats or lice..

But the reason why is because there are some people for whom hate is a life style.

They can't live without it.

They are directed towards a group to hate by others who need their hate to help them get elected...and they follow like scared little sheep.

It helps that these ignorant slobs are afraid of ANYTHING they don't understand.

They have NO life of their own and are incapable of just minding their own business. They have a need to find something to do and hate is their answer.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Justify your claim.
He made no claim. You are the one that claimed that his "lifestyle" was deviant, so the ball is in your court.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Sorry, but where I come from "deviant" is a LOT more inflammatory than "bigot".
Chicagoans are proud bigots?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Being anti-gay-marriage does NOT mean someone is anti-gay. I know, you will argue the point, but you would be wrong.

Now answer my question - why can't gays accept a civil partnership, with everything being equal to a marriage, except the word "marriage"?
Because Separate but Equal was already deemed unconstitutional 50 years ago, and you don't own the word marriage.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because Separate but Equal was already deemed unconstitutional 50 years ago, and you don't own the word marriage.
Plessy v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of Education had nothing to do with gay marriage.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Being anti-gay-marriage does NOT mean someone is anti-gay. I know, you will argue the point, but you would be wrong.

Now answer my question - why can't gays accept a civil partnership, with everything being equal to a marriage, except the word "marriage"?
Why so you care, since it has no effect on you? Some gays are religious I suppose, and want a church wedding...Would you find it acceptable to ban marriage for heterosexuals and only allow civil unions?

I believe the separate, but equal thing has been tried before...It didn't work then, and it won't work now...Remember move to the back of the bus?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:

Then why can't heterosexuals accept a civil partnership and leave marriage in the church where it belongs?

I am not gay and I'm nether pro-gay nor anti-gay. My only interest in gay civil rights is as it pertains to my own civil rights. If they can be denied a right, so can I. That's one of those slippery slopes I'd rather not explore.

Me and my late wife are/were both atheist yet to enjoy the rights of this mythical civil union I keep hearing about, we were pretty much forced into a religious convention that neither of us supported. Do you have any idea how far religion reaches into the daily lives of everyone in this country whether they like it or not? You think the government is intrusive? The church and the government are joined at the hip with the church in control of the right hand.

So, I ask why we can't simply abolish marriage as a legal institution, as it would be in a truly secular state, and make civil unions the normal legal form and allow those who wish it to have a church wedding so they can be all pure and righteous and all that neato stuff?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
At the risk of falling back into first-grade humor - are you spelling "title" that way on purpose? I've seen it three times already in this thread.

Cue the Beavis and Butthead quotes...
A perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why is the USA so infested with anti gay bigots?
You clearly have the USA confused with Asian and African nations.
Another public education failure. Try again.

found here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Homosexuality illegal: -------------------------------------------------------------------Homosexuality legal:

Brown - Death Penalty -------------------------------------------------------------------Dark Blue - Same sex marriage
Red - Life in prison -----------------------------------------------------------------------Blue - Partner ship (unregistered)
Orange - Large Penalty ------------------------------------------------------------------Light Blue - Foreign same-sex recognized
Yellow - Minimal Penalty -----------------------------------------------------------------Grey - No recognizition of Same-sex couples
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies