Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I only condemn crybabies running around squealing, trying to somehow equate it to slavery, and prancing around demanding they deserve this and that.

As for the "lifestyle" you can go play with other folks body parts that defecate all you want but don't come around telling me it's normal behavior. It's not. Do it at home and take a shower afterwards and we're fine. Hell as long as you don't touch me we can be best friends. I don't want fecal matter all over me. That is what Jesus would tell you.
In a subset of the population, it is a natural genetic deviation. Look around the animal kingdom and you'll see plenty of first-hand evidence. So you're just flat-out wrong. And regardless, no one is forcing you to do it.

And it's not being a "crybaby" when we point out that gay people should be allowed to be in the same legally recognized relationship unions, with all the rights and consequences therein contained, as straight people. If it hadn't been for "crybabies" throughout history who fought back against people with mentalities like yours, black people would still be sold like cattle today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Thats great to know. But... your friends who are pushing for "gay rights" like to portray you as the rainbow waving flamer. They hype up the gayness when it is in their best interest, but downplay it when it comes up in a negative light. You can't have it both ways.
How about we vote for HUMAN RIGHTS?
Sorry to disappoint you but we already have a constitution. One of the specific reasons we do is to ensure that the majority does not vote away the rights of the minority. The founding fathers knew well the perils of a democracy and that is why they gave us a representative republic. And in the words of Benjamin Franklin "if we can keep it".

Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Thats great to know. But... your friends who are pushing for "gay rights" like to portray you as the rainbow waving flamer. They hype up the gayness when it is in their best interest, but downplay it when it comes up in a negative light. You can't have it both ways.
How about we vote for HUMAN RIGHTS?
I don't really understand this post. I'm pushing for gay rights - do I portray myself as some rainbow waving flamer? And who cares whether that's a unfounded stereotype or if every single gay man out these is a prancing little flaming ******? Do gay "real" men like me deserve equal rights but prancing little gay ******* don't? I personally think every gay man and women - regardless of his or her lifestyle or mannerisms - desires equal rights.

And gay rights are human rights. I'll tell you this much. If civil marriage laws were written only for homosexuals and explicitly banned straight couples, I'd be standing with you fighting for straight rights.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Singles are not entitled to these benefits.

Are their Fourteenth Amendment rights being denied?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Civil marriage rights are jointly defined rights. They don't make any sense in the context of single people. I've always found it a bit strange that we talk about marriage rights in terms of individuals. They're really rights of couples.

What is the source of these married couple rights if not individual rights?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I think it is very inmature to think that people who believe in their way and their own beliefs are bigots. Nonesense, just because so many are evolving, does not mean everyone has got to change their stance.
Not the way the world revolves, although some do beleive it ought to be this way.
People have a gosh dang right to their own beliefs, no one likes it, tough.
I respect everyone's right to judgement their own.
They are not bigots because they have not changed their stance on certain issues, that is inmature and ignorant to call these people bigots.
They have a right to their own feelings and beliefs, and who the hell are any of us to try and change their mind, Pay attnetion to your own life, and live and let live.
I have no problem with this issue some do, big freaking flippin deal, they have a right to their own belief system, and no one person should try to change their mind.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Someone "like me"? Do you have a problem with the fact that I chose to be heterosexual?
When did you make that choice? How much consideration did you give to going the other way? Do you ever consider changing your mind?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
When did you make that choice? How much consideration did you give to going the other way? Do you ever consider changing your mind?
And what does it matter anyways.
Because someone is so intune to their own feelings and beliefs, does not make one a bigot!
Why don't we just try and accept the way others feel. Rome was not built in one day you know. And people who are straight, are not going to even consider going the other way.
Because someone does not beleive the way i do, sure as hell does not make one a bigot. Not my job to try and change anyone's mind about their own feelings. If they want to change on their own, good for them, i am not their judge.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM

496 posts, read 483,903 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/ny...ual-abuse.html

the "kid" is bigger then his dad and has a full beard , taken advantage of due to mental abilities.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
In a subset of the population, it is a natural genetic deviation. Look around the animal kingdom and you'll see plenty of first-hand evidence. So you're just flat-out wrong. And regardless, no one is forcing you to do it.

And it's not being a "crybaby" when we point out that gay people should be allowed to be in the same legally recognized relationship unions, with all the rights and consequences therein contained, as straight people. If it hadn't been for "crybabies" throughout history who fought back against people with mentalities like yours, black people would still be sold like cattle today.
Yet again the gay army trying to ally with the civil rights movement. Give it up as it makes your position look beyond ridiculous. Now your so far lost in your argument YOU want to compare yourselves to animals.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yet again the gay army trying to ally with the civil rights movement. Give it up as it makes your position look beyond ridiculous. Now your so far lost in your argument YOU want to compare yourselves to animals.
No, actually it makes completely logical and rational sense, which you clearly can't refute - hence your all-filler-no-substance diversion here. In reality, it is a civil rights issue.

Oh, and humans fundamentally are animals. Phylum chordata, class mammalia. It's in your local biology textbook. And if you actually look at the fact that homosexuality exists in many instances in the animal kingdom, that's where your argument that it is by definition "unnatural" is clearly lost. Just because something looks "weird" or "funny" to you based on the narrow slice of the world you grew up in does not make it "unnatural."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies